• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Random RWBY CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I don't think I said it was nearly impossible, I just didn't want to go through the trouble

And if I did say it was nearly impossible, I'd be wrong because I'm pretty sure I could just use the mech itself as a frame of reference to how much they're knocked back

I recall that the counterargument was that Ice Dust appears to be a small container that release stored ice rather than something that freeze the air, since Rock Dust is a small container that releases much larger stored rocks. So freezing calcs are inaccurate.

I recall that the counterargument was that Ice Dust appears to be a small container that release stored ice rather than something that freeze the air, since Rock Dust is a small container that releases much larger stored rocks. So freezing calcs are inaccurate.
Problem is for the feat from Volume 6 Weiss outright froze water rather than just creating ice

Honestly im not even sure where the idea that Dust just creates stuff comes from. Dust in a powdered state cant create anything on its own, it has to be activated by the user's Aura in order to activate its elemental properties. Just releasing Dust from a canister doesnt do anything.

Freezing calcs should be fine for Dust, especially in th instance for Volume 6 where Weiss was directly freezing seawater

It would only apply to end of Volume 5 to Volume 6, Weiss couldnt do anything to the Queen Lancer with any of her attacks other than the Arma Gigas, and the reasoning for the Queen Lancer scaling to 8-A would be that it was pretty much undamaged by Weiss detonating a bunch of crates of raw Dust in its face where, lowballing it to taking one full canister to do, one canister of Ice Dust can perform 8-A freezing feats

I just want to say due to the recent heat revisions, ice feats don’t physically scale to characters. The ice ap doesn’t even scale to whoever tanks it. Tanking it revolves entirely around temperature now. If you preform a 5-A feat through heat, but that heat was only 100 degrees spread over a cartoonishly large area, you only need to resist 100 degrees to face tank it. Nobody should scale to the ice feats. Doom’s 8-As were downgraded specifically because they scaled to a heat feat. Also, unrelated to this thread, I just realized I need to downgrade another character due to the heat revisions.

I just want to say due to the recent heat revisions, ice feats don’t physically scale to characters. The ice ap doesn’t even scale to whoever tanks it. Tanking it revolves entirely around temperature now. If you preform a 5-A feat through heat, but that heat was only 100 degrees spread over a cartoonishly large area, you only need to resist 100 degrees to face tank it. Nobody should scale to the ice feats. Doom’s 8-As were downgraded specifically because they scaled to a heat feat. Also, unrelated to this thread, I just realized I need to downgrade another character due to the heat revisions.
I mean its not lik we're scaling anyone to the freezing itself, its literally that one full canister of Ice dust is capable of an 8-A freezing feat and then the Lancer Queen tanked numerous canisters full of the same kind of Dust being used as a bomb

That’s the exact same scenario Doom had. They face tank numerous 8-A Heat attacks. They were downgraded. Face tanking the ice won’t scale to the Lancer, face tanking ice attacks only scales to elemental resistance now, not to physically durability.

That’s the exact same scenario Doom had. They face tank numerous 8-A Heat attacks. They were downgraded. Face tanking the ice won’t scale to the Lancer, face tanking ice attacks only scales to elemental resistance now, not to physically durability.
Its not facetanking a heat feat though, its facetanking an 8-A explosion

The explosion doesn’t have an 8-A feat. The explosion itself was 9-A last it was calculated. It being 8-A would come from the ice part of the explosion, which wouldn’t scale to the Lancer.

No the heat revision was not rejected I can think of many verses that have been downgraded because of it. Doom being a prime example.

The 8-B calc was rejected in the very old original downgrades. It was recalced to 9-A. That’s why the lancer hasn’t been 8-B for years.

No the heat revision was not rejected I can think of many verses that have been downgraded because of it. Doom being a prime example.

The 8-B calc was rejected in the very old original downgrades. It was recalced to 9-A. That’s why the lancer hasn’t been 8-B for years.
Might want to make a thread about it then because you could viably reupgrade the verse, the revisions were never put through and Dargoo dropped the subject as a lot of people disagreed with him

Cool? Theres now 8-A calcs for the lancer to scale to

A 8-A feat that entirely relies on the heat revisions. Which currently affects a crap ton of our profiles and threads. If it should be re-examined that is a site wide revision. I could make a thread on it, and personally I don’t see why it would be rejected. Think about it this way, making an 1 km area 81 degrees from 71 degrees in a second is definitely 9-A. But if I walk out in the 81 degree area I wouldn’t be vaporized, it would just be 81 degrees in that area.

I mean out Pokemon profiles still use numerous heat feats, as do several other verses

All it would take is a Q&A thread to confirm if we do or dont allow heat feats

Not that it really applies here as this has nothing to do with a heat feat but i digress

It has everything to do with heat. That explosion isn’t 8-A. The 8-A part comes from the ice dust.
Dude, the entire problem that came from heat feats was that 9 times out of 10 they had no evidence that the energy used to heat or cool stuff could be translated to directly applied force. That isnot the case here as the same Dust that Weiss uses to create ice was used as an explosive

Dude, the entire problem that came from heat feats was that 9 times out of 10 they had no evidence that the energy used to heat or cool stuff could be translated to directly applied force. That isnot the case here as the same Dust that Weiss uses to create ice was used as an explosive
The dust with the 8-A feat was ice dust. Ice dust being able to be a fiery explosion doesn’t make any sense. The explosion would be from the other dust (the big explosion that hit the lancer is what I’m referring too). Also the ice explosions aren’t anywhere close to 8-A and the 8-A feat is purely a freezing one. It doesn’t translate to the explosion unless shown or stated, and neither is the case here because the explosion are clearly not 8-A and dust doesn’t have any statements that the freezing and explosions are the same.

Though if you want to bring this into a bigger CRT about heat and ice then I’ll make that thread. I’m very busy right now, but I’ll make it when I get the chance. However there are now many out of date verses battles and dozens of profile that would need to be reupgraded if the heat revisions truly weren’t applied (though considering how dozens downgrades have been made and passed based off that revision, I’m pretty sure it was practically accepted).

Those explosions behave vastly differently from the powers they have in their refined form. Ice dust exploding doesn’t freeze things, so I don’t see why the freezing power of it should scale to it exploding. Especially since the explosions never get anywhere even close 8-A. These two shouldn’t automatically be scaled to each other. The explosions need to show they scale to the freezing power, and they don’t get anywhere close.

Status
Not open for further replies.