• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Random RWBY CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe I'm actually typing a RWBY CRT, even if it is half-baked. Life is truly a strange thing.

There are a bunch of feats that have been calculated but not implemented. These are the calcs I have been told of:
If there is any other calcs I missed, you can bring it up in the thread.

The purpose of this thread is check the validity of these evaluated calcs to see if they could utilized on the profiles or discuss whether characters really scales to the feats or not. Also, this thread can be used to discussed the scaling as well as fix any discrepancies found currently on the profiles, like Blake and Yang being 8-C+ while Ruby and Weiss is High 8-C in their first key and so on.

And I think that is it. Probably missing something but I leave that problem to the future me. I wish everyone a good time discussing this CRT, ta-ta.

Okay so gonna make this simple:
Main cast scales to this Post Haven (End of Volume 5 to Volume 6) as the former was performed by Ruby tackling the Atlesian Colossus and the latter is the durability of the Colossus which cast themselves downscale from, they do not scale to Low 7-C in anything but max aura durability, only 8-A in AP. The Low 7-C scales to the Colossus.
This scales solely to Oscar and Ozpin's magic and barriers and would be 'At least' as this was not the maximum amount of energy he could have produced
This scales to the AP and Lifting strength of the main cast for Volumes 7-8 as Penny's feat was performed in her base without Maiden powers and by this point members of the main cast downscale from the Maidens directly as the are able to fight on par with them to a minor extent
This scales to the maximum aura durability for the cast scaling from Vine, whose semblance allows him to extend his aura, with his aura being able to contain this blast despite his body being destroyed, but needs to be discussed what end to use.
And this scales to the main cast's speed post-Haven and pro-huntsmen from the beginning of the series

Also there has been an honestly valid point brought up about Pro-Huntsmen level characters only being 8-A before Volume 7, thoughts on this?

I’m not sure about that point since I haven’t seen it for myself but all of this seems good. I support it.
Basically it makes sense consistency-wise, Tyrian was harmed by Emerald's weapons in Volume 6, Maria stated that RWBY and Co. were on par with Qrow and herself in her prime before the whole training arc in Atlas, all the main pro-huntsmen went through training sessions to explain the power jump (Winter and Ironwood kept training in the military between volumes 2 and 7, Qrow trained with Clover and the kids in volume 7, and Tyrian went through training along with getting his new tail in volume 6)

they do not scale to Low 7-C in anything but max aura durability
Why?

This scales solely to Oscar and Ozpin's magic and barriers and would be 'At least' as this was not the maximum amount of energy he could have produced
Again, why? Their barriers should scale to Salem.

the main cast downscale from the Maidens directly as the are able to fight on par with them to a minor extent
I don't know if we were watching the same fights but any time anyone stood a chance against Penny or Cinder it was when they didn't have Maiden eyes on. At best you could scale LS but Maidens stomp them through and through.

This scales to the maximum aura durability for the cast scaling from Vine, whose semblance allows him to extend his aura, with his aura being able to contain this blast despite his body being destroyed, but needs to be discussed what end to use.
Textbook outlier. Absolutely no one would scale to this since the blast literally kills Vine and I'm starting to believe that Aura scaling to stronger attacks is played up by a tremendous amount. I will elaborate further on why it's dumb to scale Aura to durability tiers above a character's shown durability later.

And this scales to the main cast's speed post-Haven and pro-huntsmen from the beginning of the series
Absolutely why? Roman scales to pro-huntsmen and Blake fought with him just fine. Emerald and Mercury can fight with Beacon students just fine. It doesn't make any sense?

Because of a mix of our accepted cap of 4x max possible damage that aura can take and the fact that Jaune's and Nora's auras withstood a direct hit from it without their auras breaking even though they themselves were incapped
Again, why? Their barriers should scale to Salem.
This is only with The Long Memory as it was stated to have a limited amount of kinetic energy that it can project
I don't know if we were watching the same fights but any time anyone stood a chance against Penny or Cinder it was when they didn't have Maiden eyes on. At best you could scale LS but Maidens stomp them through and through.
Yes, that is what is being argued
Textbook outlier. Absolutely no one would scale to this since the blast literally kills Vine and I'm starting to believe that Aura scaling to stronger attacks is played up by a tremendous amount. I will elaborate further on why it's dumb to scale Aura to durability tiers above a character's shown durability later.
Its really not, Aura being able to block way higher powr attacks is consistent across the entire series, though im guessing from this response youre not going to bother waiting for my blog explaining it
Absolutely why? Roman scales to pro-huntsmen and Blake fought with him just fine. Emerald and Mercury can fight with Beacon students just fine. It doesn't make any sense?
What? Why in the world would Roman scale to pro huntsmen?

If by 'can fight with Beacon students just fine' you mean casually intercepting Ruby's semblance, stating that they were holding back the majority of the time because they were trying to blend in so their plan wouldnt be blown, and being confirmed by WoG that Mercury would beat Pyrrha...

Because of a mix of our accepted cap of 4x max possible damage that aura can take and the fact that Jaune's and Nora's auras withstood a direct hit from it without their auras breaking even though they themselves were incapped
How do you look at that and not think they were horribly stomped? Why are we trusting Aura not breaking as a universal indicator of fully tanking attacks? Is Aura just absolved of outlier as well? Considering it's one of the most inconsistent things about the verse.

This is only with The Long Memory as it was stated to have a limited amount of kinetic energy that it can project
Would be redundant since they scale higher anyway.

Yes, that is what is being argued
That would make for 7-C Volume 8 main cast. This would not scale to anyone pre-Volume 8.

Its really not, Aura being able to block way higher powr attacks is consistent across the entire series, though im guessing from this response youre not going to bother waiting for my blog explaining
I'm not going to wait. You either showcase them here, or don't argue this point. I think this is fair since good faith in waiting for you has long since dried up and I'm not waiting for months again to adjust profiles.

What? Why in the world would Roman scale to pro huntsmen?

If by 'can fight with Beacon students just fine' you mean casually intercepting Ruby's semblance, stating that they were holding back the majority of the time because they were trying to blend in so their plan wouldnt be blown, and being confirmed by WoG that Mercury would beat Pyrrha...
How do you contradict yourself in two sentences. This does not explain Pyrrha tagging Cinder and Roman not completely blitzstomping Ruby. And if Roman was as fast as you claimed, why did he need a Paladin to take down 4 girls he could have easily blitzed?

I won't go into a "how Aura actually works in RWBY" rant here. Well unless I have to so I'll be brief.

1. I don't think any main cast member scales directly to Maiden Penny (Robot) although I think its possible to scale Weiss above or relative to Penny. By scaling Weiss to Neo who scales to a "subdued" Cinder. Which would scale above Penny during her fight in V7.

Cinder could quite easily body the entire cast. She literally no diff'd Team RWBY while they were jumping her. And she wasn't even trying to kill them instead waiting for Neo and lure in Penny.

(To be clear I think Penny physicality before and after Maiden Powers is the exact same. Which is evident by her two fights with Cinder.)

2. This maybe should've been the first point but I don't think you are always "ampped" when using Maiden powers.
(Kinda of straight forward so I'll move on)

3. The bomb thing is just dumb, regardless of the assumptions taken with its destructive capacity....no one scales to it. Maybe you could say Vine's semblance at full power somewhat scales to it. But you're semblance doesn't even inherently scale to yourself.

Either way he died from it and only had to last a single moment seeing as.....its an explosion. Besides he's never used his semblance to such an extent before. On top his semblance being more based on elasticity... I digress.

4. The problem with Oscar's barrier is the nature of his attack. It appears entirely directional both in the concept art and initial shot of the blast. So the shield probably just took the brunt of omnidirectional explosion in air pressure like everyone else but not the attack itself.

I find it very unlikely that a weaker, younger, inexperienced vessel could withstand an attack that could obliterate Salem. Whom Prime Ozma struggled against, not mention she likely stronger now. On top of his magic dwindling.
Just seems odd.

Last edited:
How do you look at that and not think they were horribly stomped?
Where did i say that they werent stomped? I literally said in my response that they were incapped by the attack.
Why are we trusting Aura not breaking as a universal indicator of fully tanking attacks?
Aura doesnt fully tank attacks, where did i say that it does? Again, they were basically knocked out through their aura, and if aura took 100% of the attack Yang's semblance wouldnt even function.
Is Aura just absolved of outlier as well? Considering it's one of the most inconsistent things about the verse.
Going by the mechanics of aura and seeing as it is pretty consistently shown to have a cap of ~4x (Killer Quartet, Paladin, Burn, Moonslice, Tyrian vs RNJR, Colossus, Ironwood's Nuke, etc.) you'd be pretty hard-pressed to argue that this is an outlier
Would be redundant since they scale higher anyway.
Correct
That would make for 7-C Volume 8 main cast. This would not scale to anyone pre-Volume 8.
Correct
I'm not going to wait. You either showcase them here, or don't argue this point. I think this is fair since good faith in waiting for you has long since dried up and I'm not waiting for months again to adjust profiles.
Mkay, i wont argue the point now, i'll argue it when the blog is done
How do you contradict yourself in two sentences. This does not explain Pyrrha tagging Cinder and Roman not completely blitzstomping Ruby. And if Roman was as fast as you claimed, why did he need a Paladin to take down 4 girls he could have easily blitzed?
Cinder was holding back the entire fight

Roman does not scale to pro huntsmen

I won't go into a "how Aura actually works in RWBY" rant here. Well unless I have to so I'll be brief.
Dont worry im finally doing that blog to explain it becaus its apparently become a point of contention again for some reason
1. I don't think any main cast member scales directly to Maiden Penny (Robot) although I think its possible to scale Weiss above or relative to Penny. By scaling Weiss to Neo who scales to a "subdued" Cinder. Which would scale above Penny during her fight in V7.

Cinder could quite easily body the entire cast. She literally no diff'd Team RWBY while they were jumping her. And she wasn't even trying to kill them instead waiting for Neo and lure in Penny.

(To be clear I think Penny physicality before and after Maiden Powers is the exact same. Which is evident by her two fights with Cinder.)
Yeah no one scales directly to the maidens except the other maidens and Oz/Salem
3. The bomb thing is just dumb, regardless of the assumptions taken with its destructive capacity....no one scales to it. Maybe you could say Vine's semblance at full power somewhat scales to it. But you're semblance doesn't even inherently scale to yourself.

Either way he died from it and only had to last a single moment seeing as.....its an explosion. Besides he's never used his semblance to such an extent before. On top his semblance being more based on elasticity... I digress.
Vine's semblance doesnt increase the durability of his aura though, it just extends it, and the low end yield of the explosion is actually consistent with our standards for aura durability

Where did i say that they werent stomped? I literally said in my response that they were incapped by the attack.
To clarify, you do know Jaune ampped Nora and himself there right?
Aura doesnt fully tank attacks, where did i say that it does? Again, they were basically knocked out through their aura, and if aura took 100% of the attack Yang's semblance wouldnt even function.
See, this is what I mean when I talk about Aura. It doesn't defend against any force at all. Its like a second layer of skin, you still feel the force of everything. Hence why you can be knocked unconscious with an Aura shield active.

Its just if you were cut it'd cut the aura first rather your skin.

Cough same strength and durability regardless of Aura shield
Going by the mechanics of aura and seeing as it is pretty consistently shown to have a cap of ~4x (Killer Quartet, Paladin, Burn, Moonslice, Tyrian vs RNJR, Colossus, Ironwood's Nuke, etc.) you'd be pretty hard-pressed to argue that this is an outlier
What do you mean by 4x? Times what?

Agreed.

Can I just say that Aura tanking attacks that are way higher than their regular dura is extremely redundant? Their Aura works as a health bar which means lesser attacks do hurt them at varying levels. When Aura shatters, they have no energy to fight. Jaune and Nora getting knocked out by the mech without their Aura breaking is massive outlier since by all accounts, they shouldn't be out of it just yet. But they are, and it's a major inconsistency.

You said a bunch of words but still have not proven how everyone and their mothers scale to 4x. Also you said you would drop the point about Aura scaling to higher attacks than characters can tank so unless you're willing to show proof on this thread, I'm not moved.

Why is Roman not Huntsman level again? Why are we to believe Emerald and Mercury are > Roman? Especially since Roman > Neo and Neo is on par with them.

Vine's semblance doesnt increase the durability of his aura though, it just extends it, and the low end yield of the explosion is actually consistent with our standards for aura durability
You are correct in doesn't increase its durability but it does increase its surface area. And presumably its elasticity.

But let's disregard that for the moment.
Even if his semblance scales to bomb...no one scales to it.

Its not like someone's destroyed his vines or anything nor would he himself have to scale to it either. So I don't really see the point in bringing it up anyway.

You are correct in doesn't increase its durability but it does increase its surface area. And presumably its elasticity.

But let's disregard that for the moment.
Even if his semblance scales to bomb...no one scales to it.

Its not like someone's destroyed his vines or anything nor would he himself have to scale to it either. So I don't really see the point in bringing it up anyway.
Yeah no one scales to it AP-wise, it just scales to the amount of damage that aura can take. No one except MAYBE moonslice Adam scales to anything aura durability-related

Can I just say that Aura tanking attacks that are way higher than their regular dura is extremely redundant? Their Aura works as a health bar which means lesser attacks do hurt them at varying levels. When Aura shatters, they have no energy to fight. Jaune and Nora getting knocked out by the mech without their Aura breaking is massive outlier since by all accounts, they shouldn't be out of it just yet. But they are, and it's a major inconsistency.
Redundant yes but by no means an outlier.
You said a bunch of words but still have not proven how everyone and their mothers scale to 4x. Also you said you would drop the point about Aura scaling to higher attacks than characters can tank so unless you're willing to show proof on this thread, I'm not moved.
And im sticking to it, i wont argue about Aura with you if you wont. Im saving it for the aura thread.
Why is Roman not Huntsman level again? Why are we to believe Emerald and Mercury are > Roman? Especially since Roman > Neo and Neo is on par with them.
What feats does he have that would put him on the level of a pro-huntsman? Where are you getting any of these scaling chains from?

Redundant yes but by no means an outlier.
You missed the part I said it was an inconsistency.

And im sticking to it, i wont argue about Aura with you if you wont
Except I'm arguing that they don't scale 4x greater than their base durability. You want to defend this case? Post the scans or you lose this point. I don't have to prove a negative, you have to prove a positive.

What feats does he have that would put him on the level of a pro-huntsman? Where are you getting any of these scaling chains from?
Why on earth would Neo be > Roman and still be his lackey? It completely breaks the story. Why would any of the fodder White Fang listen to Roman if he was on their level of strength. Least your forget that Adam is Huntsman level and was comparable to Blake.

Not true, that's just a misunderstanding of how Aura works. Firstly, Ren and Nora have their Aura broken in V4 and not only are they fine but continue fight and kill the Nuckelavee.

I do agree just like the guidebook said, "its a health bar" showing how much energy or stamina they have left before becoming vulnerable to injury.

But Jaune and Nora still felt the pain and exhaustion for being slammed by a giant hand into a boulder. Nora is even helping Jaune as he's limping later. This is all considered he ampped them to take the hit in first place.

Not an outlier at all. Also I'd be careful about throwing around that term, it has more burden of proof then you may realize.

Not true, that's just a misunderstanding of how Aura works. Firstly, Ren and Nora have their Aura broken in V4 and not only are they fine but continue fight and kill the Nuckelavee.

I do agree just like the guidebook said, "its a health bar" showing how much energy or stamina they have left before becoming vulnerable to injury.

But Jaune and Nora still felt the pain and exhaustion for being slammed by a giant hand into a boulder. Nora is even helping Jaune as he's limping later. This is all considered he ampped them to take the hit in first place.

Not an outlier at all. Also I'd be careful about throwing around that term, it has more burden of proof then you may realize.
The burden of proof is on anyone who claims this is consistent. Considering Neo one-shot Yang in Volume 8 when Yang's Semblance should have prevented that. I could dig up more instances of inconsistency and present them to you and we'd still end up with the same problem.

The burden of proof is on anyone who claims this is consistent. Considering Neo one-shot Yang in Volume 8 when Yang's Semblance should have prevented that. I could dig up more instances of inconsistency and present them to you and we'd still end up with the same problem.
Yang's semblance doesnt amp her durability and as shown by the colossus and stuff like blake vs roman you can 100% be knocked out through your aura without it going down

Except I'm arguing that they don't scale 4x greater than their base durability. You want to defend this case? Post the scans or you lose this point. I don't have to prove a negative, you have to prove a positive.
I agree that the aura shield is no more defensive than their own body. I wouldn't even say Aura has a conventional durability.
Why on earth would Neo be > Roman and still be his lackey? It completely breaks the story. Why would any of the fodder White Fang listen to Roman if he was on their level of strength. Least your forget that Adam is Huntsman level and was comparable to Blake.
Uhhhh....what? Also your thing with Neo is just an argument from incredulity. Wtf is Huntsmen level? Why do people use these terms when there's no established level for such in the series. Huntsmen, pro or not scale all over the place from individual to individual.

Uhhhh....what? Also your thing with Neo is just an argument from incredulity. Wtf is Huntsmen level? Why do people use these terms when there's no established level for such in the series. Huntsmen, pro or not scale all over the place from individual to individual.
I'm not the one trying to scale mach 300+ to everyone with the title of Huntsman.

No one made a positive claim as such. Besides saying something is inconsistent, is the same thing as saying every other interpretation is not consistent.

Why would Neo being able to knock out Yang being a contradiction? Her semblance would help why?

Status
Not open for further replies.