• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some peculiar things to note in the SpongeBob SquarePants Verse (Again).

High IQ argument.

From the IQL page:

One thing commonly forgotten when dealing with attack potency-related feats is the area in which the attack or movement or energy has compared to a target. For example, the energy you exert in your footsteps in theory is more than enough to kill a very small ant. However, the area of the foot compared to the ant’s surface area is so large in disparity, the ant does not take the full brunt of the force, and may possibly live. However, if one presses a finger on an ant, it would be crushed under the force as the area ratio is not nearly as large. This is why stepping on a flea, obviously much weaker than a beetle, would most likely not kill it while it would kill a beetle.

Furthermore, a character who endures an explosion may not necessarily have taken its full yield. Given the consistency of a writer, it is possible he could have survived it due to inverse-square law making him endure a far lesser yield of energy, especially if he endured such explosion from a long distance.

Only, this is entertaining and all, but this thread was posted on October 21st and it's nearing the end of November and a Staff member still hasn't come to evaluate this. What's going on?

High IQ argument.

From the IQL page:
W H Y D A F A Q D O E S R E P L I N G N O T C O P Y E V E R Y T H I N G ?
Also, you shot yourself in the foot. Tanking an explosion point blank, that’s surface area is practically the same as your own, makes the situation far more akin to the finger example, and not the foot example. (Don’t take that out of context.)

Okay, assuming he took the totality of the energy produced by the 800+ megaton explosion, you know I can use the outlier argument, right?

Last edited:
Okay, assuming he took an 800+ megaton explosion, you know I can use the outlier argument, right?
Uh... got me there, but still, if anti feats make this an outlier, why are other verses only required to have 1 feat to gain vastly higher power?
Ex: Looney Toons, Courage the Cowardly dog.

Those profiles are often scrutinized for their ratings as well so I wouldn’t use that to apply outliers to Spongebob and they should probably be downgraded considering the stars they destroy are barely stronger than their bodies, which is what got AoSTH Sonic downgraded from High 4-C.

Though if Spongebob has consistent 7-A showings I’d support the rating.

Those profiles are often scrutinized for their ratings as well so I wouldn’t use that to apply outliers to Spongebob and they should probably be downgraded considering the stars they destroy are barely stronger than their bodies, which is what got AoSTH Sonic downgraded from High 4-C.

Though if Spongebob has consistent 7-A showings I’d support the rating.
Well at least that's something. The Looney Tunes one kind of concerns the **** out of me though, The last time there was arranging for the Looney Tunes Verse had a certain nerf being horrid having Bugs Bunny on a 10-A level to 8-A ... No I am not joking. Bugs and those who scale were 5-A, Maybe High 5-A given the many OUT THERE planetary stuff they actually pulled off CASUALLY, All I can say for that verse is that there is a Blog Post from the user "Fireld." that do still showcase rather surprisingly consistent High 4-C and maybe a few 4-B among other stuff in there.

There's a lot of stuff in the OP. What things both have not been discussed & need to be calculated?
What stuff hasn't had calculation requests?

Pretty sure Courage's case falls under holding that small star as a supporting feat along with breaking the sun

There's also Eustace's surviving feat here:

And courage biting someone who has this feat:

So no, it's not "one feat" at all. Mind you Courage isn't even considered straight up High 4-C, he's just considered variable to there.

Bugs has this tanking feat:

Injuring Sam who has this feat:

There's Taz who tore through the sun:

I could go on, but basically they don't scale to "one feat" and they're still considered controversial for their tier, so attempting to use them isn't a good example.

Edit: Eustace feat got copyrighted, TL;DR he exploded into a constellation and was perfectly fine afterwards

The explosion that engulfed Bikini Bottom only occurred once.
according to here, it was destroyed 7 times
Well at least that's something. The Looney Tunes one kind of concerns the **** out of me though, The last time there was arranging for the Looney Tunes Verse had a certain nerf being horrid having Bugs Bunny on a 10-A level to 8-A ... No I am not joking. Bugs and those who scale were 5-A, Maybe High 5-A given the many OUT THERE planetary stuff they actually pulled off CASUALLY, All I can say for that verse is that there is a Blog Post from the user "Fireld." that do still showcase rather surprisingly consistent High 4-C and maybe a few 4-B among other stuff in there.
Jesus that a lot, however, none of it was ever accepted, and thus, it is
Ir-re-le-vant.
Pretty sure Courage's case falls under holding that small star as a supporting feat along with breaking the sun

There's also Eustace's surviving feat here:

And courage biting someone who has this feat:

So no, it's not "one feat" at all. Mind you Courage isn't even considered straight up High 4-C, he's just considered variable to there.

So? We can have one 7-B feat for courage, and 1 Low 4-C, 1 4-C, and 1 High 4-C and it’s not consided an outlier, yet when we have 1 7-A feat for sb, and 4 5-A feats, a smaller gap mind you, on top of willing to give that only with their strongest equipment it’s considered an outlier. Hell, Courage’s 7-B feat should never have been accepted, due to it violating KE standards.

according to here, it was destroyed 7 times
That site cites it being destroyed via a giant worm falling on it, a disease outbreak, the citizens going crazy and wrecking the town on several occasions, it being covered in bubblegum in “The Gift of Gum”, ect. The only time where Bikini Bottom is destroyed in a gigantic supposedly 7-A explosion is in “Dying for Pie”.

So? We can have one 7-B feat for courage, and 1 Low 4-C, 1 4-C, and 1 High 4-C and it’s not consided an outlier, yet when we have 1 7-A feat for sb, and 4 5-A feats, a smaller gap mind you, on top of willing to give that only with their strongest equipment it’s considered an outlier. Hell, Courage’s 7-B feat should never have been accepted, due to it violating KE standards.
Uh, what exactly there was the Low 4-C feat here? Every feat I mentioned there was High 4-C or 4-C. Eustace explodes into a constellation, High 4-C, Courage harms someone with a High 4-C calc, the 4-C feat is done via him screaming. Even then I hope you realize several tier 4 feats are far better support for one's tier and arguing it being "1 feat" is dishonest. Also take the 7-B feat to a thread on Courage then I just brought up your very argument is incorrect that they're scaled to "one feat".

Also Spongebob has consistently lower feats then Courage hence why your example doesn't work.

That site cites it being destroyed via a giant worm falling on it, a disease outbreak, the citizens going crazy and wrecking the town on several occasions, it being covered in bubblegum in “The Gift of Gum”, ect. The only time where Bikini Bottom is destroyed in a gigantic supposedly 7-A explosion is in “Dying for Pie”.
Actually maybe the eighth time if we count the Purple Goo. And according to Sandy a certified Genius explains being very dangerous once they accumulate, Which Plankton later exploited.

Uh, what exactly there was the Low 4-C feat here?
Holding a small star
Even then I hope you realize several tier 4 feats are far better support for one's tier and arguing it being "1 feat" is dishonest.
Several? You showed three. I apologize for the mistak, but I didn’t do it dishonestly. I was mainly referring to looney toons.
Also Spongebob has consistently lower feats then Courage hence why your example doesn't work.
Thats cap. Courage needed a machine to do one of his feats, one of them is KE so it doesn’t count, and one of them uses Eustace surviving the full KE of Courage, something which
A. He never took
B. Should never have been accepted in the first place
plus, as I said before, anti feats are related to the tiering of a characte. If a character only has 3 tier 4 feats, and nothing that backs those feats up, you cannot consider them valid.

Tbf 3 Tier 4 feats would back each other up quite well, assuming the character in question doesn’t have a laundry list of Anti-Feats.

Tbf 3 Tier 4 feats would back each other up quite well, assuming the character in question doesn’t have a laundry list of Anti-Feats.
Did you not read my post? He has nothing even close to tier 4 other than a few gag feats. He even required a machine to do one of his 7-B feats, supporting that he isn’t capable of this kind of out put by himself

I did. I was speaking generally, not referring to Courage because I can’t evaluate his feats.

We had the Magic Page rated Low Multiversal once, albeit it got changed because its power never relied on raw destruction, it alters the multiverse’s plot, which is hax.

We had the Magic Page rated Low Multiversal once, albeit it got changed because its power never relied on raw destruction, it alters the multiverse’s plot, which is hax.
Actually, in some side cannon games, Bubbles claimed that It could tear the universe apar, and spongebob was the one causing everything since the one page in his head was capable of causing all of that.

They really need to wake up and really look at the true power of Spongebob like its insane

Wall Level should be higher IDC there is enough evidence supporting this
I don’t believe that SB shoulbe be any higher then tier 5. The page should be higher, but not the rest of the cast. I’ll post the link later, but I’m in school right now.

I got you. It was posted already but I have more to show then this.

I mean there were a few gripes from what I remember this was already done, Maybe it did have power to do so but like the context "Or Reality as we know it ceases to exist!" Apparently wasn't very clear enough and reality meant a smaller scale of reality like ones relating to their towns reality... Which wouldn't make much sense as the concerns are great enough for A LITERAL COSMIC DOLPHIN to say so, I say literal cosmic literally as if you remember Bubbles in his rap does say "While I'm a space time traveler! FABRIC UNRAVELER (Which shows Bubbles in a void unraveling thread of what appears to be certain space.)" And here (Apparently there were cut outs on the other link but here it, is bear with me, I know.) Sponge Bob had one stuck in his mind ... He wouldn't need to use his hand, As long as he thinks it, Sponge Bob can still greatly alter reality or plot this way.

I got you. It was posted already but I have more to show then this.

I mean there were a few gripes from what I remember this was already done, Maybe it did have power to do so but like the context "Or Reality as we know it ceases to exist!" Apparently wasn't very clear enough and reality meant a smaller scale of reality like ones relating to their towns reality... Which wouldn't make much sense as the concerns are great enough for A LITERAL COSMIC DOLPHIN to say so, I say literal cosmic literally as if you remember Bubbles in his rap does say "While I'm a space time traveler! FABRIC UNRAVELER (Which shows Bubbles in a void unraveling thread of what appears to be certain space.)" And here (Apparently there were cut outs on the other link but here it, is bear with me, I know.) Sponge Bob had one stuck in his mind ... He wouldn't need to use his hand, As long as he thinks it, Sponge Bob can still greatly alter reality or plot this way.
Every word you said I agreed with.

Well yeah I know what will possibly be said so why try with that one, I'm still waiting for the others to come here for the other stuff don't worry.

Neutral with how we rate the Page though I'm kinda busy slandering someone atm.

"X Tier, whatever Tier with the Magic Page" is probably how we'd rate that.

Still not seeing that as concrete evidence for Universal Bubbles, but has anyone contacted a Staff member to get their opinion? Because without their input nothing will be changed.

I'm pretty sure it's been 40 days since this thread started...

Last edited:
In the mean time, Here is the Infinite Multiversal thing he was talking about, This comic has the United Plankton seal of approval, Which is a company that has long stuck with SpongeBob.

Last edited:
Back