• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some DeVoe additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I feel like this is going to happen monthly, DeVoe just keeps getting new powers.

In Episode 20, he displays the power to telekinetically control people. What he's doing is gravitational manipulation to simulate Telekinesis, but it's also versatile enough to crush throats and hearts, so i think it could count as Telekinesis, or Limited Telekinesis/Pseudo.

He also withstood a blast of lightning virtually undamaged, and withstood Gypsy's attack for several seconds.

It's revealed that Clifford's chair has the power to heal, with Clifford saying the Chair will heal her broken arm. This makes a lot of sense, as Clifford (before getting Ralph's body) used that chair a ton.

Lastly, there's the forcefields in his lab, they protect against all of Clifford's abilities at this point.

Edit: There's also a revision Andy brought up. Catlin releases some cold and creates extra snowfall, she says before she does this that "We may not be able to have a perfect Christmas, but we can have a white one." Here's a scan. Weather Manipulation for Catlin.

Also, episode 22 is out for anyone who is interested.

Didn't Caitlin use weather manipulation in the episode "The Present"? I had forgotten to bring it up till now.

@Andy

I'm not sure, if such is the case i'll add it to the OP.

I cannot find a video of it but she made snow fall during the christmas party at the end of the episode iirc.

He absorbed them and gave it to himself.

He should be able to use them to the extent Catlin can, he's been monitoring the entire team, and his intellect allows him to use the powers he's gained in unique ways.

He didn't really "absorb" them, more transferred. I chose my words wrong.

@Andy

I found the episode, Catlin uses some cold to create extra snow fall.

Ok, shall i add them, or do you think further discussion is needed?

No, this is probably not very controversial.

Done, but i'd like this to still be open so we can see about the Forcefield stuff.

Okay, but I will unfollow the thread now.

Ok, but we need evidence that it's from the chair and not prep time, otherwise we could only add it to durability and not powers. Regardless, it still gets added.

Have you seen 22? I'm planning on adding a couple new DeVoe powers and there's some spoilers.

I have. Though I am feeling sick today so I don't think I will be able to help out with the revisions any longer.

For anyone else who reads the thread.

(Spoilers for S4EP22)

In episode 22 DeVoe showcases a high resistance to multiple Stun Batons, to the point where he's shocked for only a second, and then isn't even shaken up in the slightest, and that was even before he activated Kilgore's powers. It was very heavily implied, and it's the only sensible explaination, that it was Ralph's powers, so it'd scale to Ralph.

DeVoe also has limited Biological Manipulation or something like that, as he can obtain the DNA of a person with Melting Point's powers, which allowed him to trick a DNA Scanner. This is confirmed by Caitlin, "and with Melting Point's powers he can trick a DNA scanner."

DeVoe, through unknown means likely related to prep time or using Gideon (Reverse Flash's A.I), caused a wall to be unable to be phased through. It's probably not worth mentioning, but it might be.

Non DeVoe Related Stuff:

Flash extends his Speed Force Aura to people in order to give them speed, and he is now revealed to have the means to do it without extended contact. He actually does this within the episode, like full on they have his powers and can go separate.

"So when i bring you into Flash-Time i'm actually extending my Speed-Force aura to you."

"And what if physical touch just focuses those powers."

"I could let go... share my speed."

"We'd only be able to last a few moments before we burn out, like 55 miliseconds."

Also a new feat for people with the Flash's speed:

"We'd only be able to last a few moments before we burn out, like 55 miliseconds of real time."

"And the extra relativity would give us just enough time to chase the hostages."

They also operate for a ton of time before the 55 milisecond mark, and they save some hostages as well.

Flash also absorbs Electricity directly.

Spoilers for Episode 23

Clifford was both stated and implied to be more powerful than Supergirl and the other heroes. Though the one who stated this, Marlize, isn't too knowledgeable on them. However, the rest also realise this is true, and it makes sense with scaling.

Clifford's mental speed (not intelligence) at least rivals Barry's mental speeds, this is stated when Marlize says he's the only one who has a mind fast enough to survive mentally linking with DeVoe.

Marlize used a mind link, but she said it'd only be one way, basically they'd know they're in DeVoe's mind, but DeVoe wouldn't know that they are there. But he still sensed the Flash within his own mind. This is later substantiated by the claims of Joe's wife, who uses her telepathy to specifically know. DeVoe later came to Star Labs, proving that he did know.

It is finally confirmed that the forcefields are the result of his chair, and can thereby be added to his Chair key.

DeVoe also has the ability to locate people in other pocket dimensions, as shown when Marlize says she only bought time from DeVoe when Cisco asks if he can locate them. This is confirmed when he locates it, and they have to warp to another pocket dimension again, he also locates that one. Note here that he doesn't have the actual prep time to find the pocket dimension with tech as he has none.

DeVoe has a new weakness. If people think about other things while performing different actions, his telepathy won't be able to know.

Another weakness for DeVoe, a person he has taken over can reassume their body, essentially deleting his mind.

After becoming disembodied, DeVoe possesses his Chair, gaining all its powers, as well as possession of technology in general. I think this could be immortality type 8, because he'll keep living on the chair.

Barry and Nora Allen (presumably) run so fast that objects moving at Re-Entry speeds are frozen, also they both move at exactly the same speed. They destroy a Satellite that DeVoe increased the mass of 1000x and dropped from Low Earth Orbit, and they're overall undamaged, though briefly stunned.

Last, but not least, there's the prep stats for DeVoe. With the Satellite he would have erased all minds on Earth, now i know we don't give these usually, but he actually made one in episode 22, and had thousands more that could do the same, he just can't do it in Episode 23 because of the time it took to do it on a global scale.

I agree with the biological manipulation (Using Diggle's body) and resistance to electricity.

Likely molecular level matter manipulation if not higher.

His combat speed would be possibly much higher. He could read the Flash's mind, and defeat him in combat that way until he changed what he was thinking. Whether that means he's slow (not likely) or just can't fight without mind reading, idk.

https://youtu.be/VWsXKIb2jbs?t=2m57s

ByAsura said:
Marlize used a mind link, but she said it'd only be one way, basically they'd know they're in DeVoe's mind, but DeVoe wouldn't know that they are there. But he still sensed the Flash within his own mind. This is later substantiated by the claims of Joe's wife, who uses her telepathy to specifically know. DeVoe later came to Star Labs, proving that he did know.
Do you guys think this could be resistance to Mind Manipulation?

Idk, resistance to electricity is mentioned for many characters who resist it with sheer durability, like Teenage Goku. I think it's because fiction tends to treat durability and resistance to electricity as two things entirely.

I don't know, it really did feel like he was affected by the batons even if just momentarily. He was also temporarily incapacitated by Flash's lightning iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back