• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So, Medaka's "The Hero"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It makes 0 sense and constitutes utter bs."

Sorry if it sounds agressive. It isn't against you guys, but it being used and accepted in threads that "Medaka's the hero of her series so she wins" is the same level of reasoning of "Saitama One Punches anything because that's what he's about on his story".

It literally ammounts to "Medaka is the main character so she wins."

So, as this has been bugging me for quite a while now, I'll be utterly destroying this argument.

First off: It's NOT specified as an ability in-verse. They just say it's like that, someone who's born in x number of years and can't be defeated. Ajimu specifically states that when it comes to Abilities/Abnormalities, she has Alibi Block to say nope to that.

She outright states "nobody" can beat Medaka but it has nothing to do with her skill, as she has an ability that nullifies any skill. So no, the Hero is not a "skill" of any kind. In fact, I don't remember a single instance in the WHOLE series where it's adressed as a skill rather than saying "oh, if this was the world of Shonen Jump she would be main character so no one can beat her" . It literally says "because she's Medaka, she'll always win, she's just that good".

Why do we take that to mean, even outside her own verse, she always beats anyone? So I guess you throw Medaka against Yog Sothoth and he's dead meat too, right? Because as stated in the story "there's-no-way-she-loses". This is borderline Saitama one punches levels of reasoning, with all due respect.

I should also mention that Najimu Ajimi, who makes this comparison, is outright stated to have a disease at the end of this arc where she fully believes the world is a manga, "Simulated Reality" . And constantly makes comparisons with its reality to a manga. Like when she says this, or when she says she will end the manga before the anime starts. Or like she says "the one who is more main character wins" . She literally says "Oh Medaka killed her parents so she's less of a main character" .

She also mentions at some point that a last boss/villain qualifies for the existence that always loses and that's what Kumagawa is closest to. Because that's what villains do. They lose in the end. So by that logic every villain character around should always lose threads too because PLOT says so. Screw abilities and logic, no? We are going by Medaka Box's rules and applying them for EVERY verse out there as the rules character go by whenever we say Medaka wins because plot/main character.

It makes no sense.

By the way, you know who else Ajimu says would qualify for this supposed main character power you have been accepting here? The one who never loses?

All of these Guys.

So are we taking Goku and Yusuke Urameshi having passive plot manipulation and always winning even in threads because he's the main character of his series and because of that wins in Dragon Ball so he should win in threads too when?

The Flask Plan Ajimu was developing had Iihiko Shishime as that kind of absolute being in mind too. Again, the reason for her comparisons with Manga terms like Main Character over and over is extensively revealed to have been caused by her disease. It's her disorder. Even the Flask Plan existing was influenced by that, too .

My Revision is, pure and simple:

Remove The Hero from Medaka. It makes absolutely, no sense. And that's coming from someone who loves this series.

As someone who also really likes the series, I agree with this. Also welcome back le Fate!

As someone who's new to the Wiki I always assumed there were actual instances in the manga where they specifically referred to the pehenomenon as the skill called "The Hero" and that's why I was okay with it remaining on the profile. However, if it really is just meant to explain her tendency to win despite any odds like a main character would, she already has meta-luck listed as an ability on her page so I'd think that would suffice. I'm not entirely familiar with the rules here yet, but my understanding so far would suggest that The Hero's listing on the profile is rooted less in feats and statements from the series and more in fan-canon about the meta nature of the series. If this is true and there's nothing else to back it up, The Hero should absolutely be removed.

This is only the second thread I've been in so far, so forgive me if I missed any information or misunderstood anything.

@Matt @Dragon Nice to see you, again!

@Vindictive Medaka's thing is exactly what I pointed out on this thread. "Oh, we're in a manga and she's the main character so she always wins." There's nothing in its favor other than this.

The fact that Ajimu - with a disease who literally makes her see and think that everything is part of a manga - is the perpetrator of this definition and literally everyone else in the series goes "Wtf?" at this reveal (done by Medaka herself...) doesn't help either.

I'd honestly say the main point where it's clear to see that this is not a power at all as much as it's "Main character always wins in their story" reasoning, is the moment where she mentions a ton of protagonists from other mangas, stating they all qualify for it.

By that logic, as I pointed in the OP, even Goku would induce PIS on others and always win in threads because "he's the main character of Dragon Ball".

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I mean....I wouldn't be against Plot Manipulation Goku. OvO
Goku has manipulated the plot. Remember he was supposed to lose against Jiren in MUI and 17 was dead according to the magazine previews?
and how it turned all false?

He is so strong he defied production itself and brought back one of his compamions!

owo

@Causality Hello, Dodo, old buddy!

And about Fire, I don't think there's much (if any) room for discussion in this subject. Literally everything in the series points otherwise regarding this matter (and not to sound like some online-jerk, but common sense too, at this point).

I'll say this about FIre, I like the guy and belive he's just a little misguided when it comes to Medaka, but he'll find something. It won't make sense to anyone else, but he'll stick to it.

I mean heroes have some degree of ability to make coincidences happen in their favour, which is used to explain manga clichés to some extent (fighting a tournament from weakest to strongest for example). That much one can essentially conclude from the fact that Zenkichis devil style would otherwise be an ability that does absolutely nothing. (and that one is explicitly a skill)

But I also don't agree with the "plot manipulation that allows them to win everything" interpretation. It is just supernatural luck not much different from Higashikawa Mamoru's ability (which is of pretty much the same nature).

Zenkichi denies coincidences and luck , that's it. There arepeople who in Medaka Box have luck on their side

Devil Style nullfies that luck on both them and Zenkichi himself

@DT Yes, Ajimu refers to Devil Style as a skill that nullifies any coincidence, luck or twist of fate like this.

She goes on to mention events that are influenced by luck, but as you and Vindictive said, by no means that translates to "Plot that allows for me winning everything". Just that they are "really lucky". That luck does not involve an always win factor. Rather, Ajimu mentions a ton of situations of manga, and not always combat related (such as the sister example or crossing paths with the rival on a pinch example or the friends on vaction).

Funnily enough, Devil style is indeed labeled a disadvantageous skill by Naze later in the sense that it kinda does nothing in favor of the user but nullify all of this luck/coincidences for both sides.

Looks good to me. Having the hero would justify giving a lot of other characters in PIS laden series plot manip if the hero was never explicitly mentioned, even if it would make sense in the context of the series. She definitely has supernatural luck, but that's already on the file.

I agree with this, it seems odd to give this sort of ability to Medaka just because her verse is meta enough to acnowledge her status as the MC ultimately gives her the win against villains in serious conflicts (Notice how in the first scan Ajimu mentions that it'd be possible for her to win against Medaka in sports/games, because those are not important events in the plot).

Other verses sometimes bring attention to their hero/es beating the odds time after time and don't get this. Hell, Toaru's scientists have apparently studied and proven that heroes that have the ability to suddenly reverse disadvantageous situations exist, that they are likely to appear if there's a target in need in protection (especially if the target of protection is a weak person, particularly an innocent little girl) and that this "hero ability" doesn't extend to fights between two heroes.

So, it kind of looks like everyone agrees. There's also support from several staff members.

Is this enough support for the change to happen or we wait for something...?

Well, at the end of the day, general support from the community and staff is generally counted to decide this kind of stuff. Otherwise we would get a great number of discussions going in circles without finishing when a few people don't want to change their mind.

I'm particularly asking because it has been a while since I last did a CRT so I dunno.

Yeah in all seriousness it should be good to apply from this point. I'd notify the Bureaucrats about this thread first, but I find it likely that they'll agree.

Just for the sake of counting it out (not including myself)...

Support: 20 (Matthew Schroeder, Dragonmasterxyz, VindictiveLoser, Ultima Reality, DMB 1, Phoenix821, The mysterious man, DragonEmperor23, Celestial Pegasus, Weekly Battles, Dark649, Xantospoc, ApiesDeathbyLazors, ALRF, Edwellken, DontTalkDT, Wokistan, Lazy Hunter, Theglassman12, SchroKatze)

Opposition: -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back