• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So, Medaka's "The Hero"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Fate i really don't have any problems with having The Hero removed, i think it's pretty fun but eh, let me argue u here a bit we can't let the ppl down now can we?

None of those characters have a plot armor that's worth mentioning. Hell goku has died and has been utterly trashed before. So no he doesn't have passive plot manipulation. So yeah unless some other character has shown The Hero on such a bullshit level (to completely deny facts in the manga) then no, it's impossible for anyone else to get the hero.

Saitama one punching is not plot. He will 1 punch everything, he's just so much stronger than everyone. Saying that is plot is like taking Kumagawa into the OPM verse and saying "Kumagawa thinks" and always wins is plot armor. It's not plot they are just leagues above everyone else. Replace Saitama with anyone that's stronger and it will produce the same results.

Ajimu is deseased....where do i begin with this one? Actually imma not begin at all. Srsly a god figure is deseased? It's her role dude. Anyway that's just something they said to make fun of some stuff and some other stuff, i don't wanna go into details. Just srsly don't say she's deseased, it's just a mindset. She controls the story, so it would be natural for her to say it's just a manga, since in her eyes it is.

Kumagawa doesn't lose m8. He completely trashed Ezumachi and saved the school....lost cus he could write down his win. He completely desimated Zenkichi, and achieved his goal through and through....lost cus he gave up to achieve a greater goal. Won the card game and all went according to his plan...lost cus he was cheating. Do i need to go on? He loses for dumb reasons not literally loses. We only count who is the strongest, not whether they can come up with reasons to say "i lost".

As for the The Hero itself, plot manip is already a power in this wiki and in Medakaverse every so often there is a character with that kind of power (iihiko, Medaka). They repeat in a cycle. These certain characters are the MC's and have the plot bend at their convinience. So i don't see why The Hero should be turned off if it's just Medaka's luck for being born as the MC.

AntorusTheBurningThrone said:
So...
Goku finally has a chance of winning against Medaka?! OHHH YEEAAHHH BOI!!!
... The Hero was never part of Goku Vs Medaka doe.

The Hero made a stomp on Bill Cipher. Goku has no win conditions vs Medaka, and you thought we added The Hero on top of it all? Nah come on.

Okay. I will unlock Medaka's profile. Tell me here when you are done or if you need any other profiles unlocked.

I have removed all matches where The Hero was mentioned as a major reason for her winning/stalemating someone from all the profiles involved.

My internet chose the most beautiful hour to go down yesterday. As a result, only now I'm back. lol

First off, yes, nice to meet you all again!

Second, my question is whether I should really answer these nice people over there who made a few points now, even though they kind of bring only headcanon to back that up rather than the actual plot all the while kind of ignoring the scans over there in the OP instead of just wrapping this all up. Welp.

Well, I am uncertain due to Iihiko being an around City-Block level "main character" who nevertheless easily took down a cosmic entity.

Antvasima said:
Well, I am uncertain due to Iihiko being an around City-Block level "main character" who nevertheless easily took down a cosmic entity.
^

The Hero is an actual power in the series

@Fate i debunked ur points and im not ignoring scans.

Ajimu Najimi's tier is impossible to determine, so it should remain unknown.

"No one, except a certain Firey Boi claims that No Limits Fallacy Interpretation of the ability. No one actually thinks she can defeat a character on that level, it has limits like any other power. Literally in the thread where it was added we said it wasn't a skill, or any power like that. Way to strawman my guy."

I'm not exactly surprised you're one out of a select few persons in the whole wiki to disagree. I didn't miss anything. You sorely missed the whole OP and what I adressed in it, though. Also, example. By the extreme interpretation of "always wins because main character despite odds/logic" definition "because main character/because plot!", we could take that to mean even an extreme example as this one. Me using an outright High 1-A for that example was to underline how ludicrous this supposed "The Hero" logic sounds. Also precisely because it's never adressed as a skill is another point in favor of removing it.

"I dont see how the status coming from in her verse would disqualify her from applying. Not that she would win every match, but its like Authority in the Nasuverse. It just comes from a status of being able to do something due to a possision in the hierarchy."

Because it's literally "Oh, main characters win". It's again, the same random thought as "Saitama because joke character". Or arguing that main characters from other series won fights where they should logically and by all means have died so they should replicate the same in threads "because that's what main characters do". BS. And that comparison doesn't work at all. Authority in Nasuverse is a recognized power with a ton of actual mechanics behind it rather than some gag-meta talk in a series with even more parodies of manga talk added in the mix. Hell, Ajimu herself points out that it's like a metaphor. Again, I point to the other characters who are said to have this just because they are main characters.

"We had actually mentioned Kumagawa's weird status were he loses fights he obviously should have won, but decided to leave it out in the end."

So you conveniently forgot to mention the point that further backs up how nonsense the Hero is. When this "the Hero" thing you talk about doesn't even exist by that name. You want to have a skill you literally invented a name out of nowhere and isn't treated as a skill at all in the profile. Lovely.

"Yes, they say Ajimu is sick, but she isnt wrong in the end."

HEAD. CANON. Absolutely nobody else in the series points to this. Literally everyone present thinks Ajimu is basically nuts at that point for considering manga = reality. They go over that for a lot of pages.

"The point of the original reason why it was added to her profile was that it has enough properties in the actual verse to be added as an actual power."

Properties like...? All that random manga talk and "wins because she's the main character"? Sorry, but story itself and scans utterly debunked that. I'm relatively weary at this point of people who come, make CRTs and bring 0 of the full context with the scans while later complaining that "it was added". This is like that old Godzilla case.

"There are powers in universe that specifically counter it, and whole plot lines that are about getting around it. Its just like Monika wakimg up in her game, and abusing her status as a game character and hacking the game. Its passive plot manipulation. Nothing More. Nothing Less"

More headcanon. Powers like what? Styles? Styles are never stated to counter main character status like you seem to imply. Even the one used against Iihiko was to get through his Irreversible Destruction power. Nothing about "we need this to beat him because he's the hero". And sorry but just stating your opinion without backing it up at this point serves 0 purpose when the thread has both the scans of the story and the support from nearly everyone else to say otherwise.

There is a principle in business that everybody knows is sounddd

It says the people with no bias make this ever-loving wiki go rooound

Oh. So that's why they told me you'd argue for some "beyond tier 0 Medaka."

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, sure, why not.

"None of those characters have a plot armor that's worth mentioning. Hell goku has died and has been utterly trashed before. So no he doesn't have passive plot manipulation. So yeah unless some other character has shown The Hero on such a bullshit level (to completely deny facts in the manga) then no, it's impossible for anyone else to get the hero."

And just like that, the point passed not by a few meters, but by entire kilometers way over your head. You just proved the whole point I made by saying none of them have plot manipulation. Because they winning in the end or coming back after dying or receiving help from friends and x and y doesn't translate to "they have the plot in their favor, in their verse. Let's bring that and apply in VS Threads as well because we've seen in Dragon Ball that no matter what, even if he is trashed, eventually Goku comes back and becomes stronger like how he beat Jiren with Ultra Instinct when we knew nothing about it before."

Do you get it now? Treating the Hero like literally "plot says Medaka wins because that's what she's about as main character" = "X Main character wins in the end even if it's PIS or a thread, because in their plot they would".

I'm pointing out that the story itself goes to lengths to tell you that this thing is literally saying "She's the main character so she wins". and we're applying that to threads. Just like the oh so hated people who say "Saitama oneshots because that's what he does. One Punch Man. His author made him to oneshot anyone!" or "Goku eventually prevails in the end and comes back stronger."

It. Makes. 0. Sense. Also it's funny how people keep saying "The Hero" this, "The Hero" that when no such term for a power exists in the series. Welp.

"Saitama one punching is not plot. He will 1 punch everything, he's just so much stronger than everyone. Saying that is plot is like taking Kumagawa into the OPM verse and saying "Kumagawa thinks" and always wins is plot armor. It's not plot they are just leagues above everyone else. Replace Saitama with anyone that's stronger and it will produce the same results."

I... Think the actual point went so badly over you on this one, I fail to grasp how I should answer this.

"Ajimu is deseased....where do i begin with this one? Actually imma not begin at all. Srsly a god figure is deseased? It's her role dude. Anyway that's just something they said to make fun of some stuff and some other stuff, i don't wanna go into details. Just srsly don't say she's deseased, it's just a mindset. She controls the story, so it would be natural for her to say it's just a manga, since in her eyes it is."

^ The ammount of headcanon in this paragraph hurts my eyes. There's so much stuff wrong with this that I could make a list. I won't even bother on this part.

"Kumagawa doesn't lose m8... (...) ...We only count who is the strongest, not whether they can come up with reasons to say "i lost"."

Again, I feel like this paragraph is so wrong in so many ways and so away from the point discussed, that I don't need to answer.

"As for the The Hero itself, plot manip is already a power in this wiki and in Medakaverse every so often there is a character with that kind of power (iihiko, Medaka). They repeat in a cycle. These certain characters are the MC's and have the plot bend at their convinience. So i don't see why The Hero should be turned off if it's just Medaka's luck for being born as the MC."

I already explained above why this line of thought is complete BS or just outright wank. You say you debunked... What exactly? You basically missed every point, threw a bunch of headcanon and personal opinions in your reply without bringing anything other than your personal view to back it up. Sad to say it, but now I understand why people are weary of this in Medaka Box CRTs.

"Ajimu only lost to iihiko because of the Hero. She was stronger otherwise"

>>> Lost to the guy a literal hundred million times in the Past

>>> The first time in her life the fight is actually to the death, he literally used a rubber band to oneshot her while admittedly in a weaker state than his past self from being in a body nearing the end of its lifespan.

>>> Was so powerful it inspired her making the Flask Plan in regards to the "Perfect Human" thing.

>>> "She's stronger than him without the Hero!!"

...Eh. Whatever floats the headcanon boat I suppose. And don't give me that whole "It was the Hero" because of this sca . This is literally Medaka asking who Iihiko was and Hanten saying "He was a hero" and telling of his story. There's nothing here saying "It's a power called the Hero", before anyone brings this again.

Just to further point how senseless that claim is, Hanten outright states the Iihiko who oneshotted Ajimu with the rubber band wasn't even Iihiko as the Hero anymore.

Still wrecked the hell out of Ajimu.

Speaking of Medaka could Kratos vs Medaka matchup be removed im feel like eveen without the Hero that match was a stomp.

Matthew's square law (or, as I love to call it, the Double-Edged Sword Effect) states the intensity of a downgrade is inversely proportional to the square of the amount of wank divided by the amount of bias (or lack thereof) in the original poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back