• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Najimi Ajimu's thread ban is dumb

Basically what the title says. Najimi's thread ban is inherently dumb, and incredibly outdated.

The idea is that "Due to the uncertainty regarding Ajimu's tiering, the nature of her abilities, and her portrayal within canon, she should not be used in versus threads."

Except, none of that matters.
  • The "Uncertainty of her tiering" is irrelevant because, like any other profile of any amount of quality on this website, we use the most reasonable end for her based on evidence.
  • "The nature of her abilities" is also dumb because we can just not include abilities we don't understand the nature of. She's used several abilities on people and has directly fought others. Medaka isn't banned for her walls of text, why should Ajimu's ban her? She has several abilities where we know how they work, and we can assume the ones where we don't know how they work are more or less out of character.
  • "Her portrayal within canon". I don't get this one. The way she's portrayed in canon is the way she's portrayed in canon. Simple as
So yeah, that ban should have been lifted ages ago.

Yeah, with Agnaa's revision I was under the impression that she'd be usable in vs threads again.

I thought it was banned cause of the small niche of people that argue "husky voice" and "infinity quest" gets to outerversal.

I removed the note, is there anything else that needs to be done?
Yes, you wanted to put all the skills that he should have, even if they are unknown, I don't think that the author (who I think now will not care much) is going to explain and show each skill that Ajimu has, so we better take the skills as they are and that's it, instead of not using them.

@Antvasima and @DontTalkDT both very strongly supported them being match banned. It seems like really bad practice to have made and implemented this thread without notifying any supporters for the verse, especially them.

Also, this thread was implemented badly; one of the Discussion Rules still says that they shouldn't be used in matches.

Stuff like that is why you need to contact relevant experts.

Last edited:
I agree with Agnaa, and think that the rule can probably remain.

I, for one, would prefer the rule be removed (although I think the argument for keeping it is strongest with Hanten), but think the thread was handled poorly so far.

If the rules is to remain, the note should be re-added to Ajimu and Hanten's pages.

Well, you usually have a good sense of judgement, so I am fine with removing the rule in that case. I do not think that it seems reliable to use Najimi in versus matches though.

I think both our profiles, and our community, have a better grasp on how Ajimu would function in versus matches now. On the profile side, she has tiers and a dozen or so abilities. On the community side, I don't think our versus threads get as derailed by people making wild claims that don't match with profiles any more.

Hanten still seems pretty dicey since all of his stats are unknown, and we only know enough details to concretely say how two of his abilities (resistance to sealing, and devil style) would work in a fight.

If we remove the vs-debate note add a new one to make clear that all of her 600 incredibly vague abilities should for the most part be ignored in vs-debates.

I am not sure if her abilities should be ignored. There simply wasn't enough room/pages available to explicitly feature anywhere near all of them, nor would it work in terms of story purposes.

I am not sure if her abilities should be ignored. There simply wasn't enough room/pages available to explicitly feature anywhere near all of them, nor would it work in terms of story purposes.
Problem is that we don't see what they do and are only told 3 word descriptions, making any argument that relies on them being able to accomplish a certain thing rather speculative.
Like, you can not assume that her Speed Governing Skill boosts her speed or slows down opponents or anything specific like that. And if it did, it would be impossible to say to what extent.
That makes constructing an proper argument relying on the skills pretty much impossible and I think it would be good to leave a reminder to not engage into speculation of that nature.

Btw. I just noticed that Ajimu's page seems to be missing a key. That should be fixed.

If we remove the vs-debate note add a new one to make clear that all of her 600 incredibly vague abilities should for the most part be ignored in vs-debates.
I think this is implicitly true, due to her P&A not listing those, but I don't mind if we make that explicit.
Btw. I just noticed that Ajimu's page seems to be missing a key. That should be fixed.
I've now fixed that.

Well, I suppose that the two of you can likely make the changes here that you find most sensible.

Back