• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So, I'm kinda bored so let's make a battle of GF like characters. Luz vs Anne

Tbh, TOH is in need of a severe speed upgrade as well.

Also, the new episode has some major new dodging feats for Luz, but I'll wait until it's properly aired to show them.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind an Amphibia Discussion Thread as well, considering it might help organize things.
Or we could just make them share a thread because they're both Disney isekai cartoons.

ok since both are getting new season with new potential feats I think would be safe to delay match up for now

I'm interested plus minus as well.

Also my friend knows some interesting feats for Anne/Amphibia.

Your analysis is always interesting to read.
Awe, thanks!

Finally going into this, I'll go into topics as I tend to do to better organize my thoughts.

So, AP and durability. Luz is stronger, apparently quite a few times stronger than Anne, which she'll need considering the following points. Anne compensates quite a bit by using a sword which distributes force much more effectively than bare hands, though, and while neither seems to hold the skill advantage in weapon usage as the profiles do not go into detail, in martial arts Anne seems to be actually trained in Muay Thai (although it is vague enough that I'm not sure how proficient she really is) and she can transform and get REEL ANGERY to buff her strength further. To be honest, in raw statistics, she is much better well-rounded.

Speed and agility Anne is vastly above her, but with some caveats. While indeed Subsonic is way faster than Athletic Human and she can really blitz her (If she fully scales to arrows, we are taking about at least 67 m/s, judging by some studies I've seen about medieval bows), in movement speed at least, the difference of her movement compared to Luz's reactions are a bit less massive. I won't go into detail in this comment, but simply going "too fast for the eye to follow" is both a timeframe thing instead of speed (Like, by itself the statement means nothing, it also needs space traveled and the distance between the person who did the feat and the one(s) who couldn't see her moving) and, purely by itself, not much different from what someone experienced in fighting can react. Now, I'm not saying that anyone who has experience in fighting can move faster than a strike that is faster than their eye can process in close range, in fact, even top-level fighters probably can't move faster than a good jab, but people are expected to be able to at least know how to handle such attacks by preemptive dodging, reacting to minimal gestures, and other things.

Why I'm going on about that speed part? Because it is very important to this fight, if the fight was a head-on clash, even with Luz's superior strength, she'd get boinked hard by Anne. Luz needs to be able to react and do something befose Anne can properly reach her.

Which gets me to the last part of my analysis, their powers, and where Luz shines.

By the profile, Anne is a more "Warrior" type than Luz, who is more of a "Wizard" type, going by DnD terms (Yes, Luz is stronger, but Anne has excellent all around physical ability, even speed-wise, powers that only complement the physique, and items that further amplify that). Anne has acrobatics, empowerment through rage and transformations, superior martial arts, a strong sword capable of blocking petrifying beams. Oh, and some degree of toon force that I'm guessing is just cartoon shenanigans. All of those powers and things are really only further complementing her physique. But Luz? Luz can become invisible, even if only for as long she holds her breath (btw, that should be something noted on her profile-) and she can slap glyphs on Anne before she gets close to spam fire and ice spells, maybe some plants to entrap her. With her magic barriers, she'll be able to fully block Anne (in fact, if she had the mentality of the Goblin Slayer, she could even use the barrier to crush Anne, which would be o u c h) as well, further making it impossible for Anne to get through.

If I'm missing anything such as some sort of limitation to the glyphs, if they have short durations and not enough to do the strategy I'm seeing, or if Luz simply doesn't have the tactical genius to do that immediately upon seeing Anne is faster, she loses. Anne wins any scenario that Luz doesn't immediately opens up with either the barrier or the invisibility.

If anyone knows about the show, it would be nice to see a description of what Luz does in combat, her mentality and limitationts to the glyphs. For now, I'm assuming that she isn't that good at combat, so I'm voting Anne, but it could very well change if new information came through.

I would note that, if their new seasons wouldn't give them much something new that can be still pretty much valid.

I keep vouching for Luz's speed in desperate need of an upgrade, even for something like her being able to dodge fireballs in Wing It Like Witches, and her dodging feats all over the second episode of the second season, but that's an upgrade for another time.

Back