• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so I think this might work out. So, we have two fairly young girls, both with supernatural powers, both having been on islands (Dawn with Wawanakwa, and Luz with the Boiling Isles), and both pitted against one another. They both have means of countering one another, with Luz obviously having this thing called magic and Dawn having a wide array of psychic abilities including information analysis with pinpoint accuracy and teleportation. That and Dawn's durability is 2.4x baseline, so why not? Stone wall vs glass cannon, let's go! This battle will take place in the Boiling Isles because otherwise, Dawn would Durability-stomp Luz, but everything after that is SBA. Here are their profiles.:

Dawn's Profile
Luz's Profile

Who takes this?

ddv5hh0-c7e0c2ce-4a67-4e10-a6dd-d46bd456ad41.png
ddulmwd-96de0231-701d-4643-a35b-cd3c793eadfe.png

Psychic Girl from Camp Wawanakwa: 1 (Oleggator)
Magic Girl from the Boiling Isles: 0
Inconclusive, But At Least The Art I've Made for Dawn was Awesome, Right?: 0

Last edited:
Kinda surprised nobody took interest in this. You would think a match with characters revolving around a similar theme would work out.

Very cool, not something you see a lot here

But looking at Dawn's page, I don't recognize how her powers can negate durability.

Very cool, not something you see a lot here

But looking at Dawn's page, I don't recognize how her powers can negate durability.
Well, her information analysis is some pretty sharp stuff for starters. Given it can pinpoint the exact location of where to find things in one's mind, it is possible for Dawn to work around Luz's nonsense with strategy instead of brute force. This bearing in mind Dawn had to think about how to deal with a mutant beetle.

Durability-wise, Dawn has Small Building level durability all around while Luz is only Small Building level with barriers, which I'm not sure are all-around barriers or directional barriers. Luz is kinda janky otherwise with Wall-level durability.

Like I said, this is a Stone Wall vs Glass Cannon match.

I think it should be noted Luz overcame a monster that telepathically used her worst fears against her, which may translate to experience against mind reading mental tactics like Dawn's.

The barriers can get pretty big, which is problem for Dawn as it doesn't look like she has extra-normal methods of attack, while Luz has a few that can restrict her mobility.

The barriers can get pretty big, which is problem for Dawn as it doesn't look like she has extra-normal methods of attack, while Luz has a few that can restrict her mobility.
I dunno if what Luz has can readily counter Dawn's teleportation or levitation, both abilities which Dawn can do casually (at least that was how the show pawned it off). This bearing in mind that Dawn's teleportation has a range of 72-ish meters (I did the math) and had been utilized both on land and in the air (how else did she avoid getting wet, especially given none of the contestants seemed to have went anywhere before the yacht explosion?).

I wouldn't consider it an automatic counter to what Luz can do to restrict Dawn's mobility, however. It'd make it more difficult, as I ain't sure was Luz's range is, but not impossible.

Is it certain that Dawn's teleportation is not a cinematic gag like slasher-porting? Either way, it is easier for Luz to hurt Dawn than vice-versa thanks to higher physical feats.

Is it certain that Dawn's teleportation is not a cinematic gag like slasher-porting?
Actually, yes. Yes it is certain. The first instance of teleportation that occurred, Jo was genuinely puzzled over the fact that Dawn made it to the island first without getting wet, to which Dawn responded by saying "I used a shortcut." There's really no visible shortcut in a straight-way path from the site of the yacht explosion to the island, implying she did, in fact, use teleportation.

The other instances of teleportation involved her and Zoey. Dawn had startled Zoey in the first instance and creeped Zoey out in the second instance, where she was left wondering where Dawn even went. Soon after, Zoey claimed in a confessional that Dawn might be some sort of wizard.

Either way, it is easier for Luz to hurt Dawn than vice-versa thanks to higher physical feats.
Unless it was calced somewhere, we assume baseline when we figure out a tier for it. Luz's Small Building level feats has yet to get a calc (meaning we're forced to stick with the assumption), yet Dawn's dura feat was calced at around 12 kg of TNT.

I had done a quick-calc on what it would take for Dawn to break out of the web cocoon (as she was the only one still cocooned when everyone was dislodged from the web) and this was my guess: https://vsbattles.com/threads/mother-nature-gets-nasty-audrey-ii-vs-dawn.109607/post-3424775

Of course I had to look into Luz's feats a little. Physically, she is in the low Megajoules (1.6 megajoules from the Hole in the Wall reference, and 1.1 megajoules for violent-fragmentation of a door), which which is, without her barriers, well... I checked, and it would be the same level of difficulty for Dawn to physically harm Luz as it would be for Luz to magically harm Dawn. Luz ain't gonna physically dent Dawn, so she is stuck with magic in that regard.

Last edited:
Back