• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smash Bros. Fighters Regeneration

The game is quite family friendly in terms of displaying bodily harm, so even with the usage of swords it's not attempting to show characters being cut open or anything of the sort. I however don't think this is an excuse to justify Low-Mid regeneration and is just a factor of their models colliding, you could make a similar case for Mid regen had you displayed the sword going through the head of a character.

If regeneration were actually a factor here, they would be recovering their percentage health, which they do not.

Please note I'm not just basing this on model collision, the description for Corrin's Side B literally states it skewers enemies, and the move has a sweetspot where it pins the enemy to the ground until Corrin removes the sword.
That's fine, but I don't think it ultimately detracts from my argument with the family friendly aspect, even if it isn't the strongest one there.

Characters don't recover percentages as regeneration would imply, not in stock or stamina. I also wouldn't argue all MK characters to have regeneration because they they don't die from fatal blows and gain health at the beginning of the next round, because it's just contradictory.

Abstractions is correct. If anyone's wondering why Kirby characters have something like this then that's not the same, as they do this to each other as friends to attack foes.

Back