• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soupywolf5

They/Them
Apologies if a Mario CRT is already going on right now

In Super Mario 64, Mario (As well as Yoshi, Luigi and Wario in the DS version) are completely unaffected by stopping or slowing/accelerating time in Tick Tock Clock.

Now, you might say that all that's happening is the clock parts are changing in speed rather than time being affected, but this isn't the case as revealed by the world's red coin star. The star requires you to enter with everything frozen to collect the red coins above spinning bars, and the name of this star is "Stop Time For Red Coins", indicating that entering Tick Tock Clock at different times does indeed change the flow of time.

Thus Mario, Luigi, Yoshi and Wario (Though I'd say it should also apply to Goombas and Power Stars) should resist Time Stop and Time Manipulation

I think it's more likely that the Tick Tock Clock is just freezing time for things inside it and not Mario who comes from outside it.

Being able to move normal despite moving around in a dimension normally despite time being altered to speed up, slow down, or stop still sounds like time manipulation resistance.

It could be that time is stopped for stuff naturally there but when you come from outside it doesn't affect you? I've seen stuff like this in other fictions before, places where time is frozen so people who arrive in that place see everything frozen but aren't frozen themselves.

I dunno.

I always had the assumption Matt had tbh. The painting worlds have function that if you enter at a certain point time alters itself.

But I dunno. If y'all deem it okay I don't care

Wouldn't a better example of time manip resistance be in Galaxy 2? He can activate switches that create a field that slows down time and he's unaffected IIRC.

Now, you might say that all that's happening is the clock parts are changing in speed rather than time being affected, but this isn't the case as revealed by the world's red coin star. The star requires you to enter with everything frozen to collect the red coins above spinning bars, and the name of this star is "Stop Time For Red Coins", indicating that entering Tick Tock Clock at different times does indeed change the flow of time.
That's actually a NoA mistranslation, the actual mission name is "Red Coins at :00".

Bit of a necro, but yeah Tick Tock Clock freezes the level mechanics, not time itself. Same way the moving parts in the level can be sped up but nothing else is. Also like Giver said, the mission name is a mistranslation.

I think resistance to time slow seems fine from the link Fox posted. As for what Giver said, that's just an oversight - when you activate the time slow switch on the planet with the bubble cannons, it does slow them down. It also affects living beings like the Amps and the Thwomps later in the level, further showing that it's a legit Time Slow.

Back