• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Our Rotten Day Has Come (WarioWare Upgrade)

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
For a long time, it was believed that WarioWare and Mario had no connections to each other.
But it has been brought to my attention that this is not the case. Allow me to make my case, losers and gentlewahs.

n3Txgd4.jpg

This is from Mario Party: Star Rush. In it, Wario is directly cited to be the president of WarioWare Inc.

I think the evidence speaks for itself but, let's go a bit deeper.

PuSfISN.jpg

Mario Superstar Baseball has Wario's profile state that he runs his own video game company. Take a guess what that is referring to. This isn't the only connection though.

FcaDkLnXwAgjubL.jpg

In Mario Power Tennis, the WarioWare variation of Wario can be seen in Wario Factory as well as the Wario Bomb, a WarioWare original.

MPT_WarioFactoryCourt.jpg

The WarioWare games frequently make references to Wario as a treasure hunter, a nod to the Wario Land series.

The Tiny Wario transformation from the Wario Land series as well as Super Mario Land 2 makes an appearance in Wario Ware Smooth Moves as well.

Wario's Bike, a WarioWare franchise original, is present in the Mario Kart series. It can also be found in Mario Party 10, along with his biker helmet.

In the description for the Rock Paper Scissors microgame in WarioWare Inc. (gets cut off), it states this:

Which refers Mario directly to be Wario's nemesis.

And the Burying the Hatchet microgame in Gold features Wario shaking hands with the plumber himself.

So, now with the knowledge of WarioWare being canonical to the series and it's spin-offs, and with more believability due to the downgrades, I think it's safe to bring the WarioWare cast up with the others instead of lagging behind as usual.

Agree: DarkDragonMedeus, Vzearr, StretchSebe (3)
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
This has already been accepted. You don't need a CRT for this because Wario's tier is already island level due to mainline scaling and the profiles do not split mainline from warioware and warioland.

If this is simply about Kat, Ana and Ashley then you should have made the CRT for scaling them to Wario

This has already been accepted. You don't need a CRT for this because Wario's tier is already island level due to mainline scaling and the profiles do not split mainline from warioware and warioland.

If this is simply about Kat, Ana and Ashley then you should have made the CRT for scaling them to Wario
I asked about WarioWare in that very thread and it was said to have been separate.

I asked about WarioWare in that very thread and it was said to have been separate.
I checked the thread and nobody ever said that it should be separate, you just asked what happens to WarioWare scaling and got the answer that the thread isn't about how they scale. The CRT mentions that Wario's scaling should not be different in WarioWare and mainline

I believe Wario and Donkey Kong games should no longer be considered to have a separate AP tier compared to the "mainline" verse. I have struggled to find the exact reasoning as to why they're even rated differently to begin with, given that the Note on the verse page explicitly says they're considered canon, so I think it's an "they have a different power portrayal compared to the mainline series" thing? Well, if that's the case, now all of them are actually decently close to one another, with Wario games being low end tier 7, DK being low end tier 6, and Mario being kind of in-between the two. In fact, them all having feats around this ballpark makes the general rating a lot more consistent.

Back