• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slight Kaguya Otsutsuki Hax Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing big or anything but like any other user of the Byakugan, Kaguya should get the Gentle Fist and the ability to ignore durability with it listed on her profile. She has the Byakugan herself and the Hyuga Clan literally derived themselves from her entirely, so there is no reason why she cannot have Gentle Fist added for her.

And incase anyone wants to claim she's never used it in a fight, let alone at all:

Kaguya literally shot attacks at the chakra points from the crow Sasuke summoned during the fight and attacked its Chakra Points (Sasuke himself admits this). In addition, we see Sasuke himself even get his chakra points hit by her attack.

So Kaguya should be able to use Gentle Fist like any other Hyuga, both close-ranged and even long ranged as shown in the scan below, giving her the ability to bypass durability.

Any objections?
Gentle Fist

For once, I don't object to this. Be sure to specify what attacks she utilizes this with though.

For close range it should be the same as any other hyuga I think but for long range assaults it appears she makes some kind of special bone that can ignore someone's durability.

I don't think it ignores durability, I just think it was strong enough to punch through Sasuke.

Well we have Gentle Fist listed as ignoring durability with Gentle Fist and Sasuke confirmed she can attack the chakra points.

Gentle Fist is alright, but I don't remember any of her other ranged attacks apart from ash bones ignoring durability.

I don't think any of the Hyuuga's ranged attacks ignore durability.

Actually, this one does. And the lion head jutsu drains chakra from whoever they touch. Not sure that's Durability Negation though.

@Kukui

To a limited extent. Gentle Fist isn't going to be doing anything if the target is ridiculously superior (outside of PIS gag events like Himawari disabling Naruto).

I also don't remember where that was stated. It targets the vitals so what's wrong with it?

About Neji and Hinata, I dunno. I just wanted to bring it up just in case.

So, has the profile been adjusted accordingly?

Okay after reading this thread a bit. We should just list the ability as this: "Able to hit the target's chakra points to damage and paralyze the opponent to a limited extent." While we link this specific description of Gentle Fist to the Durability Negation page on the respective profiles.

Gentle Fist is not usually used to kill people and has been used in ranged attacks as the techniques for Gentle Fist require hand to hand combat most of the time.

Yes it has. Hinatas father killed a cloud ninja one time using that, plus Gentle Fist in general can be very fatal if the opponent wishes to kill their opponents since their insides can be attacked. For example if he didnt hold back Neji would have killed Hinata and him holding back alone put her in Cardiac Arrest.

@Kukui You do realize Neji didn't land the fatal blow due to two of the senseis of the Rookie Seven's interference? He didn't kill Hinata for that matter as he was not casually holding back either way. Please read my message carefully.

That actually has nothing to do with it. Neji didnt need to be stopped by the other Jonin to keep Hinata from dying. The point here is Neji at any time he wanted could have killed Hinata, thats why he kept telling her to forfeit the match or else she would die by fighting him. And its pretty obvious that the hyuga's gentle fist can be very fatal if intended to be. Again, Neji was casually beating Hinata and even that put her into a state where she could live or die. If he were more serious she would have been killed.

@Kukui *sigh* Again due to the unique nature of the show especially in the censorship from the english dub, we never been shown death in most part of the anime. Speaking of that, which I doubt it will be called "casual" as this was during the Chunin Exam from Part 1 of the Naruto series. Neji was fight Part 1 Hinata which it was pre time skip.

Because maybe we never see many Hyuga's fight anyone for most of the anime? Neji has only had very few fights in the canon series and out of them all I believe his fight with Hinata was the only one where he had fatal intentions due to the bad blood between the main and side branches of the Hyuga clan. And not casual? Hinata was pathetic compared to Neji in part 1, it was very casual. Kakashi himself admitted even Sasuke at the time was no match for Neji so if Sasuke had no chance, Hinata would have.....well......you can figure that out on your own xD.

@Kukui Lol she still did put up a fight during her fight against Neji. Really? Speaking of both the manga and anime series of Naruto. Again we are assuming that those who able to use Gentle Fist can kill people when they are just died from wounds being applied to the heart. Again if they hit other non-lethal body parts, the person in question wouldn't die.

When and where was this stated from Kakashi?

You need some evidence to provide with these claims. Also Sasuke is still scaled to pre time skip Neji so a bad assumption to use btw.

Edit: Also we have a Naruto revision project ongoing as well.

I'm not sure what's going on here but the description for Gentle Fist clearly shows that it can ignore durability. I linked an article of a technique in the Hyuuga's arsenal that says it can be used to target vitals but I'll just copy paste this time.

The Gentle Fist (µƒöµï│, Jüken) is a form of hand-to-hand combat used by members of the Hyüga clan. It inflicts internal damage through attacking the body's Chakra Pathway System, subsequently injuring organs which are closely intertwined with the area of the network which has been struck. To do this, the user surgically injects a certain amount of their own chakra into the opponent's chakra pathway system, causing damage to surrounding organs due to their proximity to the chakra circulatory system. Even the slightest tap can cause severe internal damage, hence the name "gentle" fist.

The ability to inflict severe internal trauma with minimal external force, combined with chakra network manipulation, makes the Gentle Fist the most reputable and fearsome taijutsu style known in all of Konohagakure.

Neji was clearly superior to Hinata. He even said he had essentially disabled her ability to fight at the beginning of the fight without her noticing. Now if I remember correctly, when he got pissed off at her persistence to keep getting up, he attacked her heart (either that or one of her vitals) and when Hinata was shown a full month later, she was still suffering from internal damage and had to get immediate treatment from an ANBU member. So, what exactly is the problem?

@BFF It seems that using another wiki's info is sorta of questionable.

Said if we use this during a fight for a character that uses Gentle Fist vs someone who doesn't use Gentle Fist and isn't from Naruto at all. Will it negate durability to that level? Probably not especially since Gentle Fist is mostly used for damaging and paralyzed the opponents.

Actually no she didnt.

Watchthis episode and the episode right after that.

After their first few blows after Hinata gets serious, Neji shows everyone that the entire time they were trading blows only Hinata was getting her chakra points blocked. While Neji didnt have so much as a scratch on him. He easy had access to her chakra network and precisely blocked them without even breaking a sweat.

And in the next episode is where Kakashi admits Sasuke at the time before he fought Gaara was no match for Neji. Also in the same episode, Neji knocks her out and tells her "your blows were ineffective from the start."

So unless im missing something, Hinata was nothing compared to Neji. Neji easily and completely dominated her in every way without Hinata being able to do a thing about it.

@Kukui That does show the instance when she did survive after the fight was over. Again if we were to applied the durability Negation to this, does it mean it will be able to truly kill the opponent in question? Again we probably should refrain from discussing about this until one of the admins doing the Naruto revision project is finished. Even I have doubts of calling it being durability negation. You also forget that she still tank and survived from those hits as well.

Well I don't know the chapter number but if you want the manga scans I have no problem getting them.

Though I always thought this was canon regardless.

She tanked them because Neji was merely toying with her, he wasnt serious with her in any possible way, shape or form throughout the entire fight.

@Kukui *sigh* If Neji was "toying" with her, then I think I will believe it when I see it. The fact she still survived does challenging the notion it will be a full on durability negation as this can be debatable if we applied to a different verse that have characters not being affected by pressure points. I probably should inform our admin for this.

@Starkiller

What is wrong with that? It's from the Naruto Wiki. It's not like they would lie about something like this right? Gentle Fist targets the tenketsu (chakra points which also means pressure points) so it'll work. Especially since there's verse equalization. Again, Neji messed up Hinata's internal organs. I don't know what you mean by 'to that level'. The description is pretty clear, I think. I mean the description for Gentle Fist and the other ability I linked. Attacking internal organs is considered as durability negation.

Also, why does it matter if it killed anyone or not?

@BFF I suppose, but in the case with Hinata, she survived with her internal organs being mostly intact. Also the internal organs will need to be completely burst and destroyed for the opponent to die from that. The heart being the example here.

Also 2 things:

1. Could it simply be that Hinata has resistance to Durability Negation? She herself is a hyuga and is perfectly capable (or has the potential to anyway) to control and manipulate the chakra network like any other Hyuga can. It would make sense that Gentle Fist would work differently on a Hyuga with the same ability then anyone else who does not. That would be like saying Pikachu or any other electric type can't electrify anyone due to them not doing it against either other pokemon with a type advantage or another electric type with the same abilities.

2. Since Neji was again, just toying with her, maybe his blows to her werent good enough to kill her? Explaining why she survived, even if barely?

@Kukui Neji was taking the fight personally and was completely serious on making it that personal. This is something that deserves the matter of perspective being used here as saying she can get dominated by Neji doesn't make it a stomp in the slightest.

It doesn't matter if it killed her or not. It's like telling me Law can't ignore durability because he didn't kill Doflamingo. Despite the fact that he can target internal organs. If Hinata didn't die, you can chalk it up to her tenacity and her receiving emergency treatment.

Starkiller215 said:
@Kukui Neji was taking the fight personally and was completely serious on making it that personal. This is something that deserves the matter of perspective being used here as saying she can get dominated by Neji doesn't make it a stomp in the slightest.
When did this ever happen? As far as I know, Neji wasnt serious at all until Hinata brought up something about their past within the clan that made him extremely pissed off and trying to finish her off but got stopped by Jonin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back