• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skullgirls High 2-A?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kep Yes, I would rather see pages deleted than downplayed

This is not the case here as the pages genuinely have no feats to scale from

In all seriousness, if you can accept the profiles as they are now, but not any weaker then you obviously onto something

@Kona I dont accept the profiles as they are now, the pages currently are based solely on speculation and wanked feats

I still think there are things left to discuss.

• "Venus is the Trinity's restless goddess of space, wielder of the otherworldly parasite, Abaddon. She grows tired of waiting for Mother's plan and calls upon her unwilling foothold on the outside in a small act of rebellion. Her physical form is deceptive, as the true nature and size of Venus and Abaddon exist beyond the threshold of human comprehension."
What else could this scan be talking about other than, that?

Existing beyond the threshold of human comprehension + living on a realm that is described as a "world beyond the normal one" (in the other scan), seems like evidence.

If they were wanked, why didn't you do anything about it? and why were you against the downgrades instead of just wanting the delete them from the very beginning?

Okay no need to put Weekly under prosecution here. If the profiles are fine to have with the minimal information let them stay if not then delete.

WeeklyBattles said:
The minimal information that exists basically just tells us that they exist and thats it

Hell iirc Eliza killed them in the past
If Eliza killed them in the past, wouldn't that give them a tier? Like 8-A (fought, but were ultimately killed by, Eliza (Skullgirls)). Just wondering, if that doesn't give them a tier then I'm fine with what ever happens to the profiles.

If I get killed by a shotgun blast, that doesn't make me 9-C.

Besides, I don't even get why people tried to debate for them to be Tier 2 if they were killed by an 8-A.

Weekly if you don't accept the profiles as they are now, why not make another CRT when you're ready to upgrade them? I don't see anyone saying to make a site rule against upgrading skullgirls.

Looking back, this thread seems like a massive series of **** ups and incitement

@Literally everyone who told Weekly to not worry about this thread

Just telling Weekly to not worry about it, while also not fixing or in any way even attempting to help what he was worried about in the first place is literally just making the situation worse for everyone. This was definitely not helped by people acting like the CRT was done and dusted when literally only arguments against what was being argued had even been posted, and engaging in some incredible blatant special pleading in regard to what little scans were posted and, god forbid, the ******* blog post that Matt turned into Weekly using a random blog post of a forum as proof of his point, with no consideration for any context whatsoever.

@Matthew

oh of course i have the most to say about you. No one else who wasn't covered by the above part did anything notably bad.

First off, immediately saying that what's being argued is wank without providing any evidence for that or really saying anything else is just bad form.

My main issue with you on this thread, however, is how you basically drug the thread along while Weekly continually asked for people to wait, and you yourself blatantly ignored his requests for everyone to wait several times. This makes you a massive hypocrite when you basically tell Weekly to leave the thread and do his job more than a few times, yet continue to drag the thread along.

Did you ever happen to ponder that Weekly gave up on the thread because, as already stated, people had already been discussing what The Trinity were being downgraded to and acting as if the thread had been concluded when basically the only posts at that point were arguments against the topic being discussed?

And now for the blog post. You can very obviously see that, when Tetro and even Weekly later on tried to explain that the post was made with information given to the user from a dev, that was very convienently ignored by everyone, including you. Weekly wouldn't give up on the thread or literally say that he knows that no one cares what he has to say at this point for no reason, and most people would be exasperated when literally every point they make is either dragged through the mud in regards to credibility or completely ignored.

Behavior like this is more than enough to get people banned, and yet there have been no posts on the RVR thread in relation to this. I genuinely don't understand why either.

@HST Not that I think Matt acted well in this thread but one of the points you brought up to criticize him don't really make sense.

Discussing what a character will be getting downgraded to in a CRT is a perfectly normal thing and is not at all proof of someone prematurely concluding a thread. You can make a CRT about any of my verses and discuss what their new ratings should be before I've had a chance to participate and it won't be a problem because that's what You're supposed to do in a CRT.

What exactly is your beef with me, HI3. Weekly was literally trying to pass a fan statement from a forum as Word of God. That much is unnaceptable, and it doesn't matter if what the fan said is based on primary developer sources, it's still their interpretation of it. It should not be accepted as evidence for a profile.

Secondly, everyone waited. But just because we waited does not mean we should have remained static for 5 days without doing anything. Weekly himself said he didn't want to argue and participate on the thread and ultimately gave up, admitting the characters lack feats. And it wasn't even me who ultimately decided to go along with it.

There is no hipocrisy here, this is a thread like any other, where people are allowed to discuss without receiving special treatment, including Weekly. And so discussion kept going without him. That's just it.

And if Weekly had evidence, he could bring it up as the discussion for downgrade was happening and flip the thread's direction entirely. This has happened before. I've seen it done. I've done it myself. Arguments trump all else.

Also you're particular gleeful fascination with overdeconstructing everything I see and wanting to have me banned over it is bizarre and suspicious at the absolute least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back