• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Tier List #1: Video Games vs Comics

well, what's the line?
On how it's done?

Throwing someone out of the solar system is just a feat of strength and using pressure points against a Herald level opponent is a tier feat (possibly, pressure point sometimes can be used as dura neg) while curing a blind person via pressure point is just goofy.

Throwing someone out of the solar system is just a feat of strength
He didn't throw him, he redirected his momentum.
At the barest minimum it should respect the laws of physics and biomechanics. Combat Skill was created and evolved under those laws.
I think IMO what matters is that there is some reasoning for the skill. Even if it makes no sense "can make someone's heart explode by tapping five spots on the body fast enough" has a reasoning behind it so it should be fine. "Can become intangible lol", not really

I think IMO what matters is that there is some reasoning for the skill. Even if it makes no sense "can make someone's heart explode by tapping five spots on the body fast enough" has a reasoning behind it so it should be fine. "Can become intangible lol", not really
Even the deepest and well thought of reasoning can't make cutting through space and time a legitimate skill feat. If you step outside the bounds of physics, you simply dont have skill. Whatever youre arguing for has to respect the laws of physics at the bares minimum. If it dosnt, its not worth discussing.

Even the deepest and well thought of reasoning can't make cutting through space and time a legitimate skill feat. If you step outside the bounds of physics, you simply dont have skill. Whatever youre arguing for has to respect the laws of physics at the bares minimum. If it dosnt, its not worth discussing.
that's what i was saying

in this case

Knocking out a universal character with a pressure point is definitely not it
...If them being universal did matter, you woudn't be able to Pressure Point them, lest youre telling me said characters are somehow not universal in dura at those specific points or the character in question has poking strength strong enough bridge the massive AP gap. If it didnt matter, its not particulary more impressive than pressure pointing someone of compareable physical strength.

Or mayhaps how the feat is to be understood is wrong, and the feat lies in managing to pressure point far stronger than one self mid combat, because any mistake would spell out certain death. In that case its really just a "Outskill someone far stronger than yourself" feat.

Granted I dont know which character we are talking nor the context of said feat so take what I said with a grain of salt.

in this case

Knocking out a universal character with a pressure point is definitely not it
I just wanna say that striking others pressure points can be considered a skill feat, since it requires a certain amount of knowledge, finesse, and precision to successfully do it.

Last edited:
why

Video Game Reps

latest.png

Why is scout here and not V1

You can't convince me that Mav didn't just add random favorite characters to the list because the goober didn't know who to put on there in the first place.

wait shit i meant to say for video game characters i think mav put alright reps for the comics section
except the **** is thor and crossbones doing here lmao

but yeah, vg reps seem like a random character button was pressed

Is he? I can't say I've ever read a comprehensive list but while he's really good I don't think he's got many amazing gigafeats

Checking his profile I don’t think Mario is that much more impressive than Tracer/Scout tbh

To be fair, what hasn't Mario done at this point? Wouldn't be surprised if he's mastered a couple dozen martial arts.

Back