• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Tier List #1: Video Games vs Comics

Someone dropped some good Fire Emblem scaling last page. Right now Byleth seems pretty impressive, skill wise.
They've got some pretty good precision feats (arguably better than what Touhou has), but I'm not totally sure how "can stomp this guy who stomped this guy who stomped this one guy who's pretty skilled" can be quantified (especially since speed/AP would also be factors in a stomp). In any case, IR + enhanced senses + mimicry + adaptability + funny rain dodging goes brrrr

Also, a few things I forgot to mention for Marisa. For starters, she can shadowbox herself in entire danmaku matches and win. As of Touhou 19, she considers oni magic (yknow, the stuff that's impossible to decipher) pretty simple to understand, even being able to analyze it on sight. She can also accurately pinpoint her enemy's future location with Gravity Beat, which in gameplay has a pseudo-homing feature where it'll land directly on the opponent regardless of position a few seconds after being fired straight up.

Pretty sure everyone unanimously agreed all the VG characters here are below comic top tiers.
Who's the least skilled comic guy? I'd at least be interested in seeing how some VG characters stack up.

That's for the best imo, I don't like the idea of people just scaling to DD because they fought once or twice, especially back in the day.
I don’t like scaling anyone to a character they fought once or twice, not just Daredevil. Moon Knight is full of feats and his own scaling, so we should be using that.
To be continued... (After DD's revamp?)
The DD revamp will come when the current run accumulate a good number of issues. But I was planning a Moon Knight revisions since months ago.

I don’t like scaling anyone to a character they fought once or twice, not just Daredevil. Moon Knight is full of feats and his own scaling, so we should be using that.

The DD revamp will come when the current run accumulate a good number of issues. But I was planning a Moon Knight revisions since months ago.
I'm curious to see what you got cooking for us, could you let me see later?

Especially since I was gathering a few feats for his intelligence and lift strength; gift intelligence and, maybe, genius in combat and that collapsing building feat for his LS.

Dunno if Maverick will let me, but as a Moon Knight fan— I'm required to at least offer him to be on the list with a few feats:

Versatile in all martial arts in the world.
Capable of using pressure points to put others to sleep or knock them out. Even with his staff.
Defeated a bunch of demons who had copied the powers of a few super heroes.
Trolled Black Cat.
Got complimented by Shang-Chi as skilled but reckless. (Weakness that can be seen in a bunch of fights later on)
His marksmanship, while not on the same level as Daredevil, can still be comparable.
Easily defeated Deadpool upon learning that DP is pratically immortal. (MK didn't wanted to kill him in their first fight)
Fought against Iron Fist rather evenly on terms of skills.
And the obvious fought daredevil etc etc (hence why he's comparable to dd on his profile lul)

On the list, he'd be:
1. Shang-Chi
2. Iron Fist
3. Daredevil/Elektra
4. Black Panther/Captain America
5. Taskmaster
6. Wolverine/Deadpool/Moon Knight
7. Winter Soldier/Bullseye
9. Crossbones/Thor

Also I used some of M3X's previous examples because I'm a bit lazy atm. Can gather a few more in such case.
Question about this list

why is Bullseye below Deadpool and Wolverine? I know he’s alot less skilled in H2H than DD(hence his loss to him all the time), but his aim should make up for that. He’s tagged DD with a paper airplane at a specific nerve point(or whatever that was)

I'm curious to see what you got cooking for us, could you let me see later?

Especially since I was gathering a few feats for his intelligence and lift strength; gift intelligence and, maybe, genius in combat and that collapsing building feat for his LS.
Have to add speed feats now since I got them downgrade from MHS+ to something more believable, although not 100% accurate.

So is anyone here still gonna argue over VG characters or should I just unfollow lol

I'm still waiting on that Sora vs Marisa rematch I was promised~
School hit me and I absolutely didn't anticipate this thread, I may take a week or two as I'm in the middle of exams.
Do keep in mind that I'm slowly working on it.

why is Bullseye below Deadpool and Wolverine? I know he’s alot less skilled in H2H than DD(hence his loss to him all the time), but his aim should make up for that. He’s tagged DD with a paper airplane at a specific nerve point(or whatever that was)
Pretty much that I think, while he's pretty much godtier when it comes to aim, that alone cannot carry you to the top. And a few of the people above him, have both good aim and are skilled h2h, hence why they're above. (But it can be argued that he could above DP)

Have to add speed feats now since I got them downgrade from MHS+ to something more believable, although not 100% accurate.

Yeah, I was planning on a CRT that would give him a Varies tier as well. Good to know I'm at the right path on that. If you need/want any help with that, I'll gladly offer mine.

What would your DC list be btw
I don't have it, I'm just now getting into DC and my knowledge is just from Rebirth Batfamily.

Pretty sure everyone unanimously agreed all the VG characters here are below comic top tiers.
I definitely have some VG people who'd go above... definitely not KK and maybe the other absolute top tiers but arguably anyone under them. They're not here though so 😔

Kenshiro should honestly be Karate Kid level considering all his pressure points magic is still technically a part of his skill

Kenshiro is definitely not on Karate Kid level.
I think doing things like exploding people, erasing their memories, mind controlling them, attacking their souls, healing them, negging precognition from a guy who has 3000 years worth of martial arts with sheer skill, literally scaring ki, becoming intangible on a conceptual level and all of that being done with sheer martial arts skill is more than a match for Val

I think doing things like exploding people, erasing their memories, mind controlling them, attacking their souls, healing them, negging precognition from a guy who has 3000 years worth of martial arts with sheer skill, literally scaring ki, becoming intangible on a conceptual level and all of that being done with sheer martial arts skill is more than a match for Val
Not even close to Karate Kid though.

Eh is that the best, i thought he had more
he does, but i feel at that point that isn't even skill, that's just ******* hax.
abloblobloo im so skilled i can cut space time and hit you ten fucktillion years in the past, nah dude shut the **** up that isnt skill that's just whatever abstract hax mf read off tv tropes and decided to lie about it being skill

he does, but i feel at that point that isn't even skill, that's just ***** hax.
abloblobloo im so skilled i can cut space time and hit you ten fucktillion years in the past, nah dude shut the ***** up that isnt skill that's just whatever abstract hax mf read off tv tropes and decided to lie about it being skill
This but unironically

btw Post-Zero Hour Karate Kid has a MFTL+ feat

Like not scaling, he has that too, but he also just has a feat of reacting to someone as they move to a different solar system in a split second

This isn't skill I just think it's funny

This isn't skill I just think it's funny
giphy-1.gif

I think this gif is funny :)

Not even close to Karate Kid though.
yes it is lol
Karate Kid vaguely knows all future martial arts but that doesn't say much cause we don't really know what they are.
Most of his feats are just reacting to herald level threats and judoing him.
He doesn't perform actual magic with martial arts like Kenshiro does

Wow his profile is shit LMFAO
He doesn't even have dura neg or intangibility wtf

You should click on the martial art name, it will take you to a blog explaining everything
Wow his profile is shit LMFAO
He doesn't even have dura neg or intangibility wtf

Back