• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skill Tier List #1: Video Games vs Comics

Alright so I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, I think Travis and V1 are easily on top of the list right now, roughly equal, with maybe Dante on their level just because I don't remember all of his stuff and then everyone else below (Marisa being above Sonic in my opinion)

Alright so I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, I think Travis and V1 are easily on top of the list right now, roughly equal, with maybe Dante on their level just because I don't remember all of his stuff and then everyone else below (Marisa being above Sonic in my opinion)
Does V1 even have anything besides the coin stuff? Like that's an objectively insane skill feat, but I could easily argue Marisa just... sweeping in every other category (and it's not like Touhou characters are lacking in feats of precision, either).

Does V1 even have anything besides the coin stuff? Like that's an objectively insane skill feat, but I could easily argue Marisa just... sweeping in every other category (and it's not like Touhou characters are lacking in feats of precision, either).
No but there's a lot of the coin stuff.

NGL I don't really get why people obsess over "categories" in skill, if someone is insanely good at one thing they won't stop being better than someone else just because I can point out that the other guy has better combat experience and acrobatics

Last edited:
No but there's a lot of the coin stuff.

I don't really get why people obsess over "categories" in skill, if someone is insanely good at one thing they won't stop being better than someone else just because I can point out "uh but this guy has better acrobatics and combat experience!!".
Fair but like. In an actual fight, V1 is gonna be relying on accuracy and precision against someone whose skill list is like 50% dodging insane bullshit. And while I won't claim anything in Touhou is quite on the level of the coin stuff, Marisa is still capable of dodging hundreds of projectiles from people who can do things like this or this, even when unaware of their existence, blinded, fighting infinitely more experienced opponents, or getting blitzed. The reason her excelling in multiple categories is so important is because it means she's never out of options even when outclassed in a single category; She can't hit a target like V1 can, but she can avoid being a target, if that makes sense.

also you're forgetting that marisa is a thief and would totally just steal all of v1's coins before the fight starts smh

Fair but like. In an actual fight, V1 is gonna be relying on accuracy and precision against someone whose skill list is like 50% dodging insane bullshit. And while I won't claim anything in Touhou is quite on the level of the coin stuff, Marisa is still capable of dodging hundreds of projectiles from people who can do things like this or this, even when unaware of their existence, blinded, fighting infinitely more experienced opponents, or getting blitzed. The reason her excelling in multiple categories is so important is because it means she's never out of options even when outclassed in a single category; She can't hit a target like V1 can, but she can avoid being a target, if that makes sense.
It does although I do think he's eventually tagging her just because he's probably better at hitting than she is at being missed if that makes sense (well she has like, the time slow thing but that's not really skill)

(in fact i feel like that'd make dodging things a lot easier for her)

So idk, I guess V1 doesn't really have any amazing dodging feats either so there might be a fair argument that it gets hit before she does although it does have really good acrobatics and attack reflection so who knows
also you're forgetting that marisa is a thief and would totally just steal all of v1's coins before the fight starts smh
See he can make infinite coins so I think he can just chuck a couple at her (standard tactic) (he does this literally once in a missable easter egg) and win the fight pacifist

It does although I do think he's eventually tagging her just because he's probably better at hitting than she is at being missed if that makes sense (well she has like, the time slow thing but that's not really skill)

(in fact i feel like that'd make dodging things a lot easier for her)
Eventually, sure, but like you said, Marisa also has a good chance of hitting him first. Also, the time slow thing has only really been used when she knows she's in combat, so her IR feats show she's still skilled at dodging even without it.

So idk, I guess V1 doesn't really have any amazing dodging feats either so there might be a fair argument that it gets hit before she does although it does have really good acrobatics and attack reflection so who knows
Marisa's considered exceptionally skilled by people who can telepathically aimdodge shit to the point where even people who blitz her can't land a hit (which includes not being able to have her picture taken, which is arguably more insane?), so I don't think acrobatics are saving his ass here. She's also fought people whose fighting styles can't be read, whose "unreadable atmospheres" make them impossible to adapt to, and who have their own IR paired with attack reflection.

See he can make infinite coins
uh touhou characters have infinite hammerspace so try again nerd

NGL I don't really get why people obsess over "categories" in skill, if someone is insanely good at one thing they won't stop being better than someone else just because I can point out that the other guy has better combat experience and acrobatics
The categories being paddled right now are kinda outdated and poorly conceived, its something I used to use to debate regarding skill on a common ground. Experience for example is one of the worst skill arguments imagineable, while acrobatics are decently important, but not game deciding on their own.

But saying that dominating a single aspect of skill while having zero to lackluster feats in other is enough, that I have to disagree with. Having nutty Analytical Prediction alone wont guarantee you the win against somone with less but still strong Instinctive Reactions, Information Analysis, a extremly varied arsenal of martial prowess and technique, superior mobility and stealth methods and he can yoink whatever fighting style you have so long its decently within reason.

You arent judging world class boxers on how well they can hit alone do you now

^

Pretty accurately sums up why I think Marisa is so high up. She doesn't sweep any particular skill category (except dodging, but I don't think that was ever in contention), but she's very skilled in basically every category at once. It's hard to argue that exceptional skill in just one category can bypass that.

What are V1's skill feats again?

Ngl, I don't see it. Travis' stuff is definitely very impressive, but I don't see how he would "easily" be the top of the list.

I don't see anything for V1 that would place them at the first place either. Sure, they have some impressive precision feats, but I don't see feats for anything else. Like, if I had to choose between a character who can land 10/10 shots, and one that can land 9/10 shots, and also has really good dodging, analytical prediction, etc, then I'd pick the latter.

Ngl, I don't see it. Travis' stuff is definitely very impressive, but I don't see how he would "easily" be the top of the list.
I mean, who here (among the VG people) do you think is comparable to him?

Last edited:
Raiden, Solid Snake, Marisa, Sora, Dante, Byleth, Sonic
Raiden, Snake, Sora and Dante haven't really had long arguments made for them (unless they did and I missed them), I could see Snake and Dante edging it out, and the others I don't really think match up with the sheer breadth of feats and scaling that Travis has, I dunno what to say.

Raiden, Snake, Sora and Dante haven't really had long arguments made for them (unless they did and I missed them), I could see Snake and Dante edging it out, and the others I don't really think match up with the sheer breadth of feats and scaling that Travis has, I dunno what to say.
You could do a F&G thread between Travis and whoever you think is closest to him in terms of skill , maybe.

Sora does have a skill text wall but it's a little outdated.

Tony, much like the average DMC fan, replaced his brain cells with normal cells that taste like pizza, so he can't differentiate between skill and bullshit.

i would like to include him as part of videjuego.. but i have to update the profiles and seeing the competition.. i don't think she has something that is a big deal lol.. so.. i'll just watch as the touhou girl and a hedgehog gets the top spots.

Pretty sure Raiden is like, one of the most skilled on the wiki iirc.
Raiden isn't even the most skilled in MGS
You could do a F&G thread between Travis and whoever you think is closest to him in terms of skill , maybe.
I'm not exactly sure who in particular, ideally I'd like to just, compare stuff here and if people disagree then vs thread ig

Back