• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skeletor's Tier

So I thought about it.

Skeletor is Multiversal for being able to erase the cosmos with a thought.

The Cosmos we're using is basically the Multiverse.

This is because him mentioning "countless worlds... universes beyond counting" and yadda yadda and whatnot.

When I was making my initial Skeletor and He-Man revision, I completely forgot that this story was taking place in the DC continuity.

So shouldn't Skeletor and He-Man be 2-A because the DC Multiverse holds an infinite number of universes?

What does DC have to do with He-Man, Masters of the Universe? I'm not too familiar, but just curious. IIRC, He-Man has only ever appeared in non-canon DC crossovers; which would necessary scale to He-Man or Skeletor.

No, He-Man and Skeletor had many issues and their own part in the DC continuity. This is a composite He-Man profile, their current 2-B ratings are from a story in DC Comics.

I'm iffy on this. While the rebooted comics are canon with DC as far as I can tell, I'm not sure if the original comics were. I think DC just published them, not interweave them into tier own continuity. Granted, the few crossovers makes that more muddy.

If i'm missing something, please let me know.

This was around the same era that He-Man fought, I think it was Bronze Age Superman, so while it wasn't as big of a role as he played in New 52 with the fight against that Superman or his time with Constantine, Eternia was stated to be "another world" or something like that when Bronze Age Superman went there. So I think Eternia was weaved into the DC Multiverse by that point.

Wait where does This mulitversal stuff come from? I can't for the life of me find the panes, comics, or anything showing that

The Cosmos refers to the multiverse. Skeletor can destroy it all with a thought.

1 Million universes isn't directly stated, it comes from The Goddess having control over "1000 times 1000 dimensions", which equals 1,000,000.

My proposal is that since this takes place in the DC Multiverse, he should be 2-A for being able to erase the whole cosmos. Nothing ever limited him to only being able to erase a million, that was just what we used because it was mentioned in the story.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
My proposal is that since this takes place in the DC Multiverse, he should be 2-A for being able to erase the whole cosmos. Nothing ever limited him to only being able to erase a million, that was just what we used because it was mentioned in the story.
I'd say "at least 2-B, possibly 2-A"

I suppose that the feat itself seems reliable, but I doubt that this is canon to their original continuities, especially as He-Man and Skeletor never demonstrated anywhere near that level of power there, so separate statistics keys should probably be used.

Well, it may be inappropriate to keep them that way, given the enormous contrast between 2-B and their regular levels.

The question here is whether they should be 2-B or 2-A for Skeletor being capable of erasing the multiverse. While a million universes were mentioned in the story, the story took place in the DC Multiverse.

Well, "At least 2-B" seems most reasonable then.

I suppose that might be fine, but it is probably best if you ask Darkanine to reply again first.

2-A seems like an absolutely ludicrous highball.

I'm genuinely not even sure about the 2-B. The assumption here is that "cosmos" means "every universe in existence", but every single linked panel, even the one with said "cosmos" quote, Skeletor is talking about destroying individual universes. When he says "I could cause the very cosmos itself to be gone with but a thought!", he's talking about Eternia's universe. His previous speech bubble even says "Welcome to the moment marking the doom of Eternia -- and the universe in which it exists!".

The only panel that mentions the multiverse directly is Skeletor boasting about being a multiversal threat, not destroying it.

"At least Low 2-C" seems far more likely from everything given in the actual comic.

@Azathoth

Thank you for the evaluation. I agree with your assessment.

Skeletor was shown to be above the goddess in the comic that had the power of "1000 universes each with a thousand dimensions", so that alone should make him at least 2-B.

She doesn't say that, at all. She says there are "a thousand times a thousand universes where my power holds sway" when referring to where she sent the sword. She's saying she has influence in a million universes.

On top of this, the very next panel is base Skeletor knocking her down with a punch to the face. She definitely isn't "1 million universe level" or something like that.

That punch was passed off as an outlier when we discussed it before. I'm still not seeing why that statement can't be used as a reference to gauge the size of the cosmos.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
She says there are "a thousand times a thousand universes where my power holds sway" when referring to where she sent the sword. She's saying she has influence in a million universes.
On top of this, the very next panel is base Skeletor knocking her down with a punch to the face.
Laughs in Chris Evans

If there were no statements of being able to create, destroy, or absolutely control the reality structure of a million universes, we obviously cannot scale from it.

@TheHadouCyberspaceWitch You are only assuming it is an outlier because you're also assuming the Goddess is a multiverse buster, which she is not. Having influence in a million universes does not mean you can destroy a million universes.

"noun: cosmos - the universe seen as a well-ordered whole."

You are assuming here that "cosmos" means something that is never implied, despite the fact that Skeletor is consistently stated to be a universal threat throughout the issue.

I agree with Azathoth. It is probably best to place Skeletor and He-Man at Low 2-C, and then close this thread.

Back