• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Shovel Knight Avoided Lighting in the Baz Fight, and Specter Knight Avoided attacks from Phantom Striker, who tuned into lighting, and main attacks with that element. Shovel knight also avoided Rockets from Tinker Knight.

So, would this grant MHS speeds?

Well, you did what I eventually would, meaning that I agree with this. Some of those lightnings were Cloud-to-Ground so I agree.

It'd be nice to have some calcs tho.

yeah, I was confused by that to. Hey, could you give calca some scans of the lightning feats? I can't or I would.

Well we first see him appear out of nowhere from lighting that should obviously be from the clouds in the background. His main way of attacking is to absorb lighting and shoot it at Shovel Knight.

Okay, I checked that video (too lazy to play it myself again) and sadly I can't find any scene where SK and the lightnings move at the same time. But just by comparing SK's normal speed and the lightnings you can see that he's much slower than it.

In the fight you basically aim-dodge everything because Phantom Striker telegraphs his moves and it's really easy to predict him, so SK isn't actually a lightning timer, he's just faster than PS who isn't either as he just calls the lightnings.

Yeah, I think this was brought up and he used to be Massively Hypersonic, but not anymore.

Yeah, I thought he should be when I played the game, but I was obviously more focused on beating PS than checking the validity of the feat :p.

I don't think this invalidates his speed. I went back and fought him again and saw that Shovel Knight actually jumps faster than Phantom Striker's attack. Maybe his running speed isn't as fast, but his reaction/combat speed should be. As for the aim dodging part, to be fair, Shovel Knight has never fought Phantom Striker before so at least in the first attack he wouldn't know how he is going to attack. Another feat is Spector Knight being able to dodge lightning summoned from Phantom Striker.

Back