• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should there be a page for all the powers and abilities of this wiki?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why I brought up that if you're so persistent on still doing one anyways it'd be better to reask the staff on the matter.

I find no justification for re-interrogating our staff members. The entire team unanimously supported the concept presented in the thread; otherwise, it would have been dismissed and marked as concluded back in 2022, with no chance of its implementation.

The current communication of this matter is somewhat ambitious. Your stance has now shifted, and you intend to express dissent? Certainly, you're entitled to do so, but it would be inaccurate to label the idea as rejected, as it has not been.

Last edited:
I mean, the staff can change their mind, note how Ant is also changing his take back from this inherently being a good idea based on more recent arguments I'm doing here.

I never claimed that the proposal was rejected, but to merely apply it when the current consensus is leaning against it is would also be inappropiate, it'd be best to let staff members update their takes on the matter to ensure both sides are heard and evaluated properly.

I never claimed that the proposal was rejected, but to merely apply it when the current consensus is leaning against it is would also be inappropiate, it'd be best to let staff members update their takes on the matter to ensure both sides are heard and evaluated properly.
I recall this was explicitly rejected as the category page already does exactly that.

Rejected on regards of doing an alphabetical list, not on doing the page as a whole, although that's up to debate now.

Doing it alphabetical list or not is literally not what it is rejected Bob, but I will not argue abt it because it was actually recommended by staff member Klol. But I will drop it and say you did bad job on elaborating it.

Klol is only a calc group member, that staff role isn't usable as a staff vote for this kind of revisions, and I already brought up multiple staff clearly leaning against doing a page in alphabetical order out of redundancy then following along with other alternatives, which are now put into question as if the consensus is still to do in alphabetic order out of fundamentally redundant reasons as said before, then this is a waste of time and effort.

To avoid going back in circles, as it's clear you'll probably reiterate that the staff may have different takes and we should just follow the "current" conclusion regardless of logic, it'd be best to just wait for the staff to comment on the current arguments brought up on the matter and see what they deem best.

Ya, this is definitely going nowhere. Our draft is not “re-creating the category page". You are being repetitive for no reasons, and I am asking myself whether you are listening to your own words or not. This became beyond my patience.

"Klol is the one who suggested making our draft alphabetically"
Bob: "Klol is a calc group member"

I suggest you to drop it if you don't mind.

The idea is not rejected, and we can move on. Are you actually creating an issue where it is not an issue? Its being alphabetically or not IN our draft is literally optional. AND the consensus of the idea is still on more favor.

I mean, then I'd have to ask why you'd bring up that he's a staff member when that's simply not a factor here to begin with.

Looking back at the discussion, the one that proposed doing it alphabetically first was Ant (Klol merely agreed on your draft just going in alphabetic order, which is different), who's clearly not inherently in favor of that right now given the arguments I've provided recently.

2015ecf8b8df93d6756b44a0474e60a0.png

Why would this be alphabetically or not REQUIRES a staff votes? It is even a suggestion from Klol where he even said its not even mandatory?

The matter is also on if we really need a page that lists all P&As when the category covers that, hence the re-asking the staff part.

The matter is also on if we really need a page that lists all P&As when the category covers that, hence the re-asking the staff part.
I recall this was explicitly rejected as the category page already does exactly that.
I think you are not following your own.

The idea is not rejected (and you admitted it's not), and you are the only opposition currently. Move on.

Move on, we are not requesting anyone as long as the thread is accepted by staff members.

And that's my issue, this proposal right now has mixed reception and a fundamentally debatable reasoning lately, ignoring arguments brought up just because some were fine with arguably outdated reasonings would involve silencing opposition for the sake of getting something done.

True, it is your issue, since the acceptance of the idea opposes your stance, you need unnecessarily to re-vote and invalidate their stance because you find it not worthy. But again, it's reality, having personal issues is not a reason to re-vote staff members stances because you dislike it.

Move on for 3 times, since I am not sure if you are following.

I mean, Ant was the one that proposed alphabetic order first as said before and has agreed that I'm providing valid points on regards of this being redundant, you're the one not getting the idea, discussion is more flexible than you'd think.

I mean, Ant was the one that proposed alphabetic order first as said before and has agreed that I'm providing valid points on regards of this being redundant, you're the one not getting the idea, discussion is more flexible than you'd think.
Bob, for 10 times, listen to yourself

Why would Ant oppose to this?
2015ecf8b8df93d6756b44a0474e60a0.png

Why would this be alphabetically or not REQUIRES a staff votes? It is even a suggestion from Klol where he even said its not even mandatory?

@Antvasima We need some help here, this conversation is going nowhere.
In summary:

The idea is generally and successfully accepted (thus it's being worked on, check first page), Klol and Ant came here to suggest an alphabetical list order, we said fine, we can do it, it's not that high priority (see the screenshot above)

Bob now (for some reason) said it's being “rejected” which again I don't know why this requires a discussion or relevance, It's not even important.
Now he switches (or changes his argument) that rejection goes to the whole notion of the thread which is false (or otherwise the thread won't be worked on), and then he again switches his argument to that screenshot.

Which leaves no choice but thinking he is not following any discussion or simply being overall unnecessarily nitpicky.

What's on low priority? This proyect, or merely indexing them alphabetically? Strictly speaking if we exclusively want an alphabetic list of all P&As on the site, and that is already covered by the category, then we may not need a new page at all to begin with.
And this post let me believe he is being unconsciously talking about random stuff

since the draft itself is more than this.

Last edited:
Just bob trying to destroy the plans that we were already working on, and it's being already accepted on because he can't follow the discussion without being nitpicky or clearly.

I got no horse in this race anymore, I had a contribution to give, I gave it, don't care who did it first.

I will continue working on the project, the discussion was really unworthy and very nitpicky from Bob's side. The idea of the thread is accepted by @KLOL506, @Damage3245, @Antvasima, @IdiosyncraticLawyer, @Armorchompy, @DarkDragonMedeus, @LordGriffin1000, @SamanPatou, @GyroNutz.

The current draft: (the ecs's version and Bob's version titles will be removed, not finished yet)

@Bobsican I advise you to drop the topic, and explicitly the alphabetic order idea that @KLOL506 suggested since it carries zero value to discuss while it is already optional and there are many important aspects of the draft to be focused on.

Thank you.

Well, the issue here is that I that these powers are often not easily defined into specific types, as they overlap into several areas, so if we are going to feature such a page, I think that just listing the links in alphabetic order with brief descriptions afterwards may be our most workable solution.

However, as Bobsican said, we shouldn't try to fix what isn't broken, and our current category is likely perfectly workable and acceptable as it is, so this seems like a task that likely wastes time and energy that is much better spent on significantly more crucial areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back