• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should there be a page for all the powers and abilities of this wiki?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's quite tedious to look for them in the category for P&A where it's easy to not notice something different among the small thumbnails and vertical text. Not to mention I don't get notified when there's a new page for a power or ability and it would be a lot better to have a single convenient page to look at every time I need to stay updated.

I mean, how would having a page for P&A significantly improve over going to the current categories? If size of the text is the problem, you could use your computer settings to zoom in.

f3 search functions work way better when everything is on 1 page.

Its more convient and it isnt much work.

I'm not talking about poor accessibility, but the current category page makes it hard to tell whether a new power was added. Not to mention it's easy to miss abilities that are newly created. I didn't know Supernatural Willpower was a thing until I scrolled through the page a few more times.

So, just a simple page with the name of every ability in a bullet point list? I'm not exactly sure how you want the page to be.

I actually agree, there should be a powers and abilities page.

Especially since fandom got rid of that old format which allowed thumbnails, and was generally better for finding an ability you might not remember the name of.

True. I agree.

It's a pain in the ass figuring out whether or not rock manipulation exists only to discover you either get cement or ground manipulation. Like bruh.

We need a list so we can actually find the abilities necessary as it is very tedious trying to find it all.

Man, I really shouldn't be reading anything when it's late at night, I hurt my brain trying to comprehend the title and OP.
I'm also fine with such a page existing. A lot of people don't seem to know about all of the new, wacky abilities that have been added to the wiki.

Perhaps my sleepiness is ******* me over, but do you people like what a simple page with every ability's name in the wiki listed in a bullet point list, or is it something else? I thought that would be it, but there seems to be talk about thumbnails, which made me confused.

Yeah just that. It's confusing without it, I've seen like a hundred threads asking "what is this ability? "
So just that? Just the name of the ability, no thumbnails, or anything? Because I honestly don't see how that is different from our current powers and abilities page. They are in alphabetic order as well.

I could probably make a sandbox for it, but first I just need some clarification.

I would be fine with such a page existing, but what name and formatting would it have?
It could also be updated automatically with the Dynamic Page List code, BTW.

Since everyone seems to like this idea, here's a small glimpse of what it would look like and it's not a complete list of what's supposed to be in the page if we ever create it. I'm not sure if it relies on thumbnails or simply bullets of text, but powers and abilities can be sorted like this:
Elemental Powers:
Powers that allow the user to manipulate the four classical elements often found in nature (fire, water, earth, air) and their subpowers.
  • Sand Manipulation
  • Metal Manipulation
  • Ice Manipulation
States of Existence:
States of existence that provide various benefits or disadvantages to the user. (feel free to replace this because it sucks rn)
  • Intangibility
  • Incorporeality
  • Acausality
  • Nonexistent Physiology
Phenomenon Powers:
Powers that allow the user to manipulate phenomena and whatnot found in nature. Not to be confused with elemental powers.
  • Light Manipulation
  • Darkness Manipulation
  • Magnetism Manipulation
  • Electricity Manipulation
Reality Warping? (change this if you want)
Powers that allow the user to manipulate aspects of reality, often found in the hands of cosmic level beings.
  • Law Manipulation
  • Conceptual Manipulation
  • Spatial Manipulation
  • Time Manipulation

bump

I have found yet another page for a power that I wasn't updated or didn't know even existed, so I guess this is quite important.

Anyone want to volunteer to draft up a page (not necessarily a complete list, just a few examples)?

Maybe "Mental Powers" with stuff like Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Aura, Fear Manipulation and stuff like that?

By the way we should have some powers in multiple categories, for example Accelerated Development can fall under Skills, Manipulation of Stats or Manipulation of Powers

Maybe "Mental Powers" with stuff like Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Aura, Fear Manipulation and stuff like that?
I'll get to that part soon. Aura is very broad in its usage as it doesn't always cover mental abilties.
By the way we should have some powers in multiple categories, for example Accelerated Development can fall under Skills, Manipulation of Stats or Manipulation of Powers
I was thinking about that too actually.

id agree yes it would be easier. but the all the character pages would have to get a clean up and you know how much pages there are.

At the moment "Physical Characteristics" is too broad and could be broken up some more but that's a good start.
How does "supernatural physical characteristics" sounds? Although using this name does mean removing peak human physical characteristics from that section since their is nothing supernatural about it

How is this definition for mobility?
Mobility is an ability that allows the user to move freely and manoeuvre throughout the battlefield with quickness and efficiency in rapid succession through various means. This ability may also allow a user to reach or move onto places that they may not be capable of accessing via normal means.

How does "supernatural physical characteristics" sounds? Although using this name does mean removing peak human physical characteristics from that section since their is nothing supernatural about it
I'm trying to find a good name for a section that describes physical properties of a character, how a character does things (physiology) and innate powers that require little to no activation.
How is this definition for mobility?
Mobility is an ability that allows the user to move freely and manoeuvre throughout the battlefield with quickness and efficiency in rapid succession through various means. This ability may also allow a user to reach or move onto places that they may not be capable of accessing via normal means.
Looks good to me

I personally don't mind, but I suspect that we would gradually forget to update this page with new abilities over time.

Also, what should the page be called? "Powers and Abilities Index"?

We can put it under that statistics explanation thing at the top of the wiki page's drop down menus. I also think that pictures aren't really needed for the page, a simple list is good.

That's fine by me.

That section of the wiki navigation bar is already full. Each folder has 10 entries as a maximum. We will need to use another part of it. Maybe "Guidelines" would work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back