• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should there be a page for all the powers and abilities of this wiki?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, I suppose I'll just add a subsection at the bottom for verse-specific powers.
I personally wouldn't particularly mind, but the page would need to be updated much more frequently if we include them.
For the record, I'd still be against that, so that depends on what others think on that regard.
Well, a quick issue I found trying to do that is that as verse-specific powers rely a lot on the context of the respective verse, that makes categorying them quite harder, and so even if this was done to the current pages, we'd quickly turn into the issue of that section requiring way more maintenance and compromise for next to no benefit.
Yeah, that's why all verse specific powers should either have their own section or excluded from the list outright and that their would be a note of that if the latter.
Yeah, currently there's a note on why they aren't included.
Anything else?
@ElixirBlue @Damage3245 @Armorchompy @SamanPatou @DarkDragonMedeus @LordGriffin1000 @KLOL506

What do you think about this and potential other issues that have been discussed in recent posts above?

Can anyone condense all of this into one precise summary? Because it's kinda looking to be all over the place.

Other than that, verse-specific powers involve their own mechanics and context so I think exclusion is much better in the long run and putting them in their respective verse categories instead.

If the aim is to have a list of all of our Power & Ability pages, I don't see what good would come from excluding verse-specific powers entirely. Just put them in another subsection.

I agree with Damage, it do no harm to just put them in their own section on the page. It also make people find them easier rather than search for each verse page

Well, they are only relevant for specific verses, not in a general interest sense, so I personally think that it should probably be enough to place links to them in the related verse pages.

Personally I think we might as well throw them all in a section at the end and specifically give a reminder to what verse specific powers are, that way less people will link them to other verses' pages on accident

Eh, it wouldn't hurt to just list them alphabetically at the bottom in their own section then, but on the other hand the category already does exactly that, so it comes as rather unecessary TBH, so I'd rather see if the consensus leans there enought first.

At that point I don't think an entire subsection is required, the summary part at the start already links to it and explains why they aren't directly mentioned, which does the job in a clean and direct manner IMO.

But can the page be automatically updated or someone else need to update it manually everytime?

To be fair most of the abilities is set in stone. Only verse specific abilities that can constantly update.

To me that seems like a good idea.
Eh, it wouldn't hurt to just list them alphabetically at the bottom in their own section then, but on the other hand the category already does exactly that, so it comes as rather unecessary TBH, so I'd rather see if the consensus leans there enought first.
I'd still be willing to add it if more consensus leans to an entire section for what'd otherwise just be a short note.

I'd personally rather keep verse specific Powers & Abilities to their particular verses, simply because they are notably different to the other powers from an editing perspective. Otherwise draft looks good.

Thank you greatly for helping out so much. 🙏

It is not done yet, and there are definitely duplications, since I copied it one from OP and one from Bob, and try to adjust it.
I will be also using Col templates to separate long list into two parts.

Update:​

So basically, I am working on the project, and there will be some good news.
Here is my sandbox link: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:ImmortalDread/powers-category

I updated (it should be done, but unless there are some missing abilities, let me know)
  • Elemental Powers
  • Physical Characteristics
  • States of Existence
  • Metaphysical powers
    • Temporal Powers
    • Spatial Powers
I would recommend that you put them in alphabetical order for easier access.

Both, IMHO.
Eh I think groups should be ordered by importance, but I agree with alphabetic order for abilities inside group.

The reason why I think the groups should not be ordered as alphabetic because I think for example the physical characteristics should be first since we always put that in powers and abilities (character) as first too.

@Antvasima I have also a question, it may help this project too.

Are there any guidelines or standards on how P&A in characters should be ordered? I do remember getting warned by you (verbal warning) before years for having a mess in P&A (for example I put superhuman characteristics at the end)

Do we have standards for that?

For example, we always add "Superhuman Physical Characteristics" at the beginning of the powers and abilities.

Last edited:
Eh I think groups should be ordered by importance, but I agree with alphabetic order for abilities inside group.

The reason why I think the groups should not be ordered as alphabetic because I think for example the physical characteristics should be first since we always put that in powers and abilities (character) as first too.
Hmmmmmm. I guess just the abilities within said groups could be fine for alphabetical sorting then.

@Antvasima I have also a question, it may help this project too.

Are there any guidelines or standards on how P&A in characters should be ordered? I do remember getting warned by you (verbal warning) before years for having a mess in P&A (for example I put superhuman characteristics at the end)

Do we have standards for that?

For example, we always add "Superhuman Physical Characteristics" at the beginning of the powers and abilities.
Not beyond placing SPC at the beginning and resistances at the end I think.

Anyway, I think that this seems like a good idea, Dread, so thank you for helping out, but from memory alone I am not sure where we should place a link to this page in our top wiki navigation bar, which navbox template we should place it in, or which bottom indexing category/categories that we should use.

Anyway, I think that this seems like a good idea, Dread, so thank you for helping out, but from memory alone I am not sure where we should place a link to this page in our top wiki navigation bar, which navbox template we should place it in, or which bottom indexing category/categories that we should use.
@ImmortalDread @DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Agnaa @Just_a_Random_Butler

What do you think about thIs?

I'm not sure where the link for the page should be placed sadly or what categories we should use at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back