• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should there be a page for all the powers and abilities of this wiki?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that we can probably replace the "Powers and Abilities" link in the front page, if the new page will be reasonably well-structured, yes.

Perhaps a Dynamic Page List based on Category: Powers and Abilities could be used to obtain a list of every power currently indexed to base from.

I am uncertain what you mean.

We can view all of the powers and abilities pages via the relevant category page instead.

I think that we can probably replace the "Powers and Abilities" link in the front page, if the new page will be reasonably well-structured, yes.
So has there been any progress with this project?

Phenomenon Powers:
Powers that allow the user to manipulate phenomena and whatnot found in nature. Not to be confused with elemental powers.
Rather than Phenomenon Powers i think a better name would be Physical Powers.

Also, i think the best place for Life Manipulation and Death Manipulation should be in Spiritual Powers, same with Magic on Arcane Powers.

And Genius Intelligence should be put in either Physical Characteristics or Skills.

Last edited:
It will be hard to fit a link to this page anywhere appropriate in the wiki navigation bar, but we can definitely add it to one of the link lists in the front page of the wiki.

Went ahead and did this, it's in a very rough state, but it's a good way to start going somewhere, especially given the user that did the original proposal is no longer active.

BTW, Omniscience isn't in the "Skill Powers" section as it's simply impossible to achieve without other powers besides Superhuman Physical Characteristics, after all, even if someone has perfect memory and has the time to explore every informational resource, they're still bound to a single place, and so it'd be inevitable some stuff remains unknown to them otherwise, and so it deserves being in the other section out of being rather inherently supernatural, as because of this Omniscience generally is a byproduct of other informational superpowers or a physiology out of the norm, after all.

Last edited:
Thank you, but shouldn't the sections in your draft page be placed in alphabetic order?

Also, do you have any suggestion for where we might place an appropriate link to it in our wiki navigation bar?

That's not a bad idea, originally I just placed them like that to ease comparing odd cases until I found enought to make a group based on similar criteria. I should also point out that I didn't include verse-specific powers as by definition they're already locked into a certain verse and would serve little purpose to list when the category exists.

As for the other part, probably in Information->Important->Part II, if possible.

Last edited:
That's not a bad idea, originally I just placed them like that to ease comparing odd cases until I found enought to make a group based on similar criteria.
Okay, so are you willing to handle it then?
I should also point out that I didn't include verse-specific powers as by definition they're already locked into a certain verse and would serve little purpose to list when the category exists.
Yes. Agreed.
As for the other part, probably in Information->Important->Part II, if possible.
That seems fine to me at least.

Okay. Thank you. To me it looks good enough to apply now.

@AKM sama @DarkDragonMedeus @SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Andytrenom @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Damage3245

Do you think that we should add the contents of the following draft to a regular wiki page, and then add a link to it under Information->Important in our wiki navigation bar?

I'd rather "Unique Powers" sounds like a list reserved for verse specific powers and otherwise an "Others" section would be something that would be abilities that don't fit criteria.

Also, looking at the "Unique powers" I'd categorize Afterimage Creation, Duplication, and Self-Destruction as technique powers and Self-Sustenance and Underwater breathing as physiology powers.

But looks good otherwise.

Okay. Thank you. To me it looks good enough to apply now.

@AKM sama @DarkDragonMedeus @SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Andytrenom @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Damage3245

Do you think that we should add the contents of the following draft to a regular wiki page, and then add a link to it under Information->Important in our wiki navigation bar?

Looks alright to me.

I'd rather "Unique Powers" sounds like a list reserved for verse specific powers and otherwise an "Others" section would be something that would be abilities that don't fit criteria.

Also, looking at the "Unique powers" I'd categorize Afterimage Creation, Duplication, and Self-Destruction as technique powers and Self-Sustenance and Underwater breathing as physiology powers.

But looks good otherwise.
Yeah, I was rather unsure where to place those powers and just made that section in the meantime, with that in mind I've moved them accordingly and removed the now-empty section.

Not yet complete, but feel free to give your suggestions. No summary, explanations, etc. because I only wanted to see a list of powers as I have said here. I can leave the rest to others.

Supernatural Willpower should be in Mental Power as willpower belong to mental catergory. Pain Manipulation can be considering as mental power i think

Supernatural Luck should not be in Bodily Capabilities, luck have nothing to do with body, it is some kind of minor reality warp

Plot and Fate should be under Reality Warping, same with Causality and Probability Manipulation, or you can slap them into a catergory called Metaphysical/Reality Warping Powers, there is also Information Manipulation.

Physical Characteristics should be renamed into Physiology power. Aura should be in completely different cathergory. Blessed should be under State of Existence catergory in my opinion

Should there be a Creation catergory?????

Phenomena Powers should also have Gravity Manipulation, Matter Manipulation and Quantum Manipulation

Arcane Power should have Magic, Petrification, Transmutation

And lastly:
Note that some powers may fall under more than one category.
This should be placed in Note section. And i also want to add more:
Note that some powers may fall under more than one category or completely different catergory from the one they was listed on this page despite they can achieve the same result, for example: Existence Erasure via Reality Warping abilities. Petrification or Transmutation via Matter Manipulation, Social Influencing via Mental Powers, and many others

That all i can think for now

Supernatural Willpower should be in Mental Power as willpower belong to mental catergory. Pain Manipulation can be considering as mental power i think

Supernatural Luck should not be in Bodily Capabilities, luck have nothing to do with body, it is some kind of minor reality warp

Plot and Fate should be under Reality Warping, same with Causality and Probability Manipulation, or you can slap them into a catergory called Metaphysical/Reality Warping Powers, there is also Information Manipulation.

Physical Characteristics should be renamed into Physiology power. Aura should be in completely different cathergory. Blessed should be under State of Existence catergory in my opinion

Should there be a Creation catergory?????

Phenomena Powers should also have Gravity Manipulation, Matter Manipulation and Quantum Manipulation

Arcane Power should have Magic, Petrification, Transmutation

And lastly:

This should be placed in Note section. And i also want to add more:

That all i can think for now
Uh... we moved on to this, I considered using that as a basis after I posted my take on the matter (I didn't check previous posts at the time, oops), but in any case Ecstacy's draft was way too messy, and didn't even have all the powers on the site listed.

Uh... we moved on to this, I considered using that as a basis after I posted my take on the matter (I didn't check previous posts at the time, oops), but in any case Ecstacy's draft was way too messy, and didn't even have all the powers on the site listed.
something need to change:
Time Stop and Energy Projection is just sub-type of Time Manipulation and Energy Manipulation. The same could be said for Petrification and Transmutation. Other than that everything look good
Also the note i already presented
Note that some powers may fall under more than one category or completely different catergory from the one they was listed on this page despite they can achieve the same result, for example: Existence Erasure via Reality Warping abilities. Petrification or Transmutation via Matter Manipulation, Social Influencing via Mental Powers, and many others
Or new members will go to sematic territory when it come to evaluate power and abilities

something need to change:

Time Stop and Energy Projection is just sub-type of Time Manipulation and Energy Manipulation. The same could be said for Petrification and Transmutation. Other than that everything look good
Also the note i already presented

Or new members will go to sematic territory when it come to evaluate power and abilities
Eh, I don't think that's necessary, otherwise I may as well list a good chunk of powers as a subset of Mind Manip, which is just asking to make things messy and defeats the point of ordering them alphabetically.

As for the note, this is why I was quite explicit on each description for each section, the area they fit more should be the one they'd be, with there even being well-defined sections for powers that are just really variable, and most of the examples don't even hold up here as all of those cases share the same respective section here, at most I'd need a considerably rewritten one as those examples don't really hold up here out of being based on a different format.
In fact I doubt it's needed when the descriptions effectively exclude out versatile powers from just being listed about anywhere out of those having their own sections.

Last edited:
I'd rather put the powers in a plain alphabetical order, to limit the amount of categories, which can also be debatable in some cases.

Like, making two major groups for "General" and "Verse Specific" powers, then leave A, B, C etc... as sub-categories.

Verse-specific powers should just go in their own subsection at the end of the page.

Eh, the category page already does exactly that, just look into the "V" for the verse-specific powers subcategory
That's more difficult to find and structured to serve its technical purpose.

I feel like dividing them by types leads to an excessivs amount of content, some repetitions and a few distinctions that are up to debate.

Instead, a pure alphabetical order is completely neutral and, personally, makes the page easier to navigate.

Eh, generally I just type like "Category: Powers and Abilities" if I want that, in fact that category is featured currently in the top navigation bar on the wiki, so that doesn't hold up too well.

There's over 200 P&A pages on the site (Excluding verse-specific ones), regardless of what we do we'll get a large amount of content, in fact, dividing them by letter would give a net of more spaces to read.

Well, verse specific powers also have 2 catergories, one is universal power system (ki, magic, energy, etc.....) and other is physiology-type power (DMC Demon Physiology, SMT Cognitive Physiology, etc......)

Eh, generally I just type like "Category: Powers and Abilities" if I want that, in fact that category is featured currently in the top navigation bar on the wiki, so that doesn't hold up too well.

There's over 200 P&A pages on the site (Excluding verse-specific ones), regardless of what we do we'll get a large amount of content, in fact, dividing them by letter would give a net of more spaces to read.
I think that Bobsican seems to make good points above.

I personally wouldn't particularly mind, but the page would need to be updated much more frequently if we include them.

Well, a quick issue I found trying to do that is that as verse-specific powers rely a lot on the context of the respective verse, that makes categorying them quite harder, and so even if this was done to the current pages, we'd quickly turn into the issue of that section requiring way more maintenance and compromise for next to no benefit.

Yeah, that's why all verse specific powers should either have their own section or excluded from the list outright and that their would be a note of that if the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back