• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should Mettaton NEO's stats be changed?

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
I have noticed quite a few things that could be changed about NEO's stats, as he kinda has been treated like a normal monster, even though he is not.

First of all, his attack stat, his AP. In the game's check option, his attack is 90, which would put him easily above Asgore. However, one thing to note is that that makes him incredibly close to Undyne the Undying and Chara in stats, Although he is still way below them, there is quite a few reasons to think he would be more close to them in power than Asgore.

1. He was designed to fight humans, and was used as a last resort, if Mettaton knew that he would be completely inferior in battle, he would have probably flee or done anything else than direct fighting to try and protect the others.

2. Alphys, the one who built NEO, knew what the humans were capable of, as she stuitdied the nature of their SOULs and determination, so she likely knew of their power as well.

3. As Alphys had access to the Human SOULs, it is a possibility that she used it to boost NEO, explaning his huge power.

4. He doesn't attack you, so we can't say that his attack is that much lower compared to Chara's.

5. Again, his stats are closer to Undying than Asgore.

Now, about his dura. He is currently rated as high as his AP, which seems...wrong. Again here is some reasons.

1. His CHECK stats shows him at DEF 9, and CHECK stats are meant to show how strong/durable a character is in the story. Thus is seems like Toby wanted to show that NEO is fragile af.

2. Mettaton himself knows and says that Alphys should have worked on his defense more, hinting that while NEO has the Fire power to hurt you, he doesn't have the defense to tank you, explaning his wonderful failure against you.

So, it seems like to me that NEO would have Unknown, probably 2-C AP, but outright Unknown dura (But waaay lower than his AP)

This seems fair, I suppose. However, it's worth noting that 9 defense doesn't exactly make him "fragile". Just means his defense isn't up to snuff with his attack. And that means everything when you're getting throatpunched by a much, much stronger enemy.

Well I'd doubt this means 2-C Dura, especially since we don't have any canon clue that he is that durable (HP is not seeable normally and his defense is deliberately low)

Deliberately low compared to his attack, yes. Which would mean he could still easily get Fawlcawn Pawnched by Chara. Anyway, I don't know if the probably 2-C should be added or if his AP should just be "Unknown". Hmm...

Well, Asgore's stats also happen to be 80, and I seriously doubt the difference between stats makes him that much behind UtU and Chara.

Hence why the "Likely much higher" is (or should be, if I forgot) on Asgore's profile. We have no way to judge how much stronger he is.

And as I said, unlike Mettaton having 255 defense, NEO being somewhere near Chara's level makes sense at least.

Alright. Well, I would like some other opinions on this, mainly of if NEO should be completely unknown or have some relative level of power.

I have no idea either.

"Unknown. At least High 7-A, possibly 2-C"?

I think i can go with what Promestein put out. From what i'm seeing here, it seems that the case is weather or not Mettaton NEO is anywhere close to UtU and Chara's fullpower (is that the right way to say it here?? Idek), correct?

In anycase, i think him being unknown and then added the tiers after that like what Promes put (again) sounds reasonable enough....

NEO's AP has been changed to "Unknown. Anywhere from High 7-A to 2-C" with separate reasons given for both the high and low end. His Durability is now "Unknown", similar to his base form.

Back