• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Alphys intelligence

I know. Undertale intellgience CRTS. can't get enough amiright? This is a rather small thing, but Alphy's intelligence has her scaling to W.D. Gaster for creating the core under the logic of her working faster than he did...

Theres already a problem there. what does Alphys working Faster than Gaster have anything to do with whether she was as smart as him? The Gaster followers actually completely say the opposite of that, and actually imply Gaster himself was smarter by a long shot

"I understand why ASGORE waited so long to hire a new royal scientist.
The previous one... Dr. Gaster.
His brilliance was irreplaceable." - Gaster Follower #3

This quote directly contradicts Alphys scaling to gaster, and not only that but the quote used for her reasoning directly states afterwords;

"Alphys might work faster. But the old Royal Scientist, Doctor W.D. Gaster?"

while nothing comes from this line, it was definitely leaning into him being far more impressive, but simply worked slower compared to alphys.

I say it should be removed from her profile. this wouldn't actually change the overall rating, but it's wrong she scales to him.

Agreed; 1

Neutral;

Disagree;

Last edited:
Wouldn't them replacing him with her mean that she scales?
The gaster followers say asgore took a long time before he replaced gaster, chances are she was the best the underground had after gaster. The gaster followers still describe him as irreplaceable after the replacement.

The gaster followers say asgore took a long time before he replaced gaster, chances are she was the best the underground had after gaster. The gaster followers still describe him as irreplaceable after the replacement.

But it could very well be a figure of speech to denote his significance. Especially if the person is dead (don't know the plot at all.)

He is erased from time and space (Only his followers remember his name) if that helps

Yeah just when someone is dead people really boost his honor. Especially if he was already deeply revered. Like for example Einstein was irreplaceable. Doesn't mean that there aren't smart people like him but everything he did was huge for the field.

"Alphys might work faster. But the old Royal Scientist, Doctor W.D. Gaster?"

This one is slightly better though I still think they are considered piers. Anyway that's all I thought about it.

Back