• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should Genshin Impact's Hilichurl Tier really be Low 7-B?

Simply put, everyone who was 7-B has been downscaled to 8-B, and characters who were Low 7-B are now High 8-C. And everyone's speed is now Supersonic except for a few characters who still have attack speeds at lightning speed. Only Lisa remains at 7-C, is that right?

Regarding speed, I am not sure if everyone will be supersonic, so I am considering doing a separate CRT on this. Now, the less complicated matter is AP, and I believe we should address that first.

It would likely to maybe Signora, but isn't it just 8-C or are we counting her multiple lightning bursts to add up?
Signora would just be unknown due to the scaling I mentioned earlier V
1 seems fine with me

For 2 I'd personally be ok with removing Guhua from the equation entirely, but then that means we don't have any feat to scale literally any mid-high tier to. Liyu Traveler, Jean, Diluc, Childe, Signora, most higher tier enemies and bosses, basically anyone who's stronger than Bennett but weaker than an Archon will suddenly become Unknown AP, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but that's what's going to happen
referring to this. They upscale from the low-mid tiers by such a massive degree that I don't think they're just 8C

We already have 8-B at the ready for this reason though, especially if the Ruin Serpent calc is approved, so there's no reason to just call them unknown, especially when a massive gap already exists between High 8-C and 8-B though.

We already have 8-B at the ready for this reason though, especially if the Ruin Serpent calc is approved, so there's no reason to just call them unknown, especially when a massive gap already exists between High 8-C and 8-B though.
then can we agree on "At least High 8C, likely 8B, possibly Higher" for basically everyone

Why would it be higher, though? And why are we spraying these ratings to everyone when we basically already agreed to just keep the distinction between low 7-B characters and 7-B when we make this change? We're just overcomplicating the simple change of just low 7-B>High 8-C, 7-B>8-B we can deal with exceptions on another thread.

This isn't really about whether or not we should give this rating to someone, it's just that we already have a proposal that can correct the massively incorrect and misinterpreted feats right now, and we can correct it down the line in a simple fashion. We can deal with the specifics in another thread.

I mean it's Genshin, people are going to spin something to give their fav characters high ratings, I'd prefer to just get something that accurately reflects characters at the moment. There are a lot of things that we still need to settle before we can conclude after changing ratings:

• Revamp the scaling chain to more accurately reflect character ratings
  • Finish the speed CRT
  • Possibly update other calculations, as well as calculate other characters like Apep to get a clearer picture of the ratings of Archons

Why would it be higher, though? And why are we spraying these ratings to everyone when we basically already agreed to just keep the distinction between low 7-B characters and 7-B when we make this change? We're just overcomplicating the simple change of just low 7-B>High 8-C, 7-B>8-B we can deal with exceptions on another thread.

This isn't really about whether or not we should give this rating to someone, it's just that we already have a proposal that can correct the massively incorrect and misinterpreted feats right now, and we can correct it down the line in a simple fashion. We can deal with the specifics in another thread.
ok then, that's fine

Alright, so the goal of this thread is to change these ratings. We can discuss the specifics of scaling afterward to pool our knowledge of the fights we've had so far and where we think these characters scale. Everyone in agreement over the proposals?

I think the only thing that we could handle before these changes is having the Ruin Serpent calc approved, but the Guhua calc should do fine until it is approved given it's already used for 7-B profiles. We're all in agreement over this then?

Alright, so the goal of this thread is to change these ratings. We can discuss the specifics of scaling afterward to pool our knowledge of the fights we've had so far and where we think these characters scale. Everyone in agreement over the proposals?

I think the only thing that we could handle before these changes is having the Ruin Serpent calc approved, but the Guhua calc should do fine until it is approved given it's already used for 7-B profiles. We're all in agreement over this then?
Yep 👍

Alright, then this will be applied.

Also we probably should also confront a new calc that appeared on the verse page. Someone calc'd Yelan dispersing the clouds, and I need additional thoughts on it.

Honestly, just an aside regarding the crop-up of other CRTs while we're just trying to get the AP of the verse reined in. For ****'s sake, no one actually just consults supporters for CRTs, literally everyone is off in their little world jerking their headcanon of the game and then post it without any prior information. Honestly folks, if you have any kind of proposal, please join the Discord and pitch it instead of trying to just make low quality CRTs by yourself.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the lore description it uses refers to her Breakthrough Barb/Special Charged Shot, which so far has only been used to take down a Skyfrost Nail to kill a Ruin Serpent. So it wouldn't scale to anyone given we've only seen her use it once, and it was mostly to set a chain of events to kill something rather than directly kill it.

Anyway, I'll be applying these changes. We'll need to discuss next the Traveler's ability additions for their long overdue Electro key, and then discuss also replacing Guhua calc with something else.

Anyway, I'll be applying these changes. We'll need to discuss next the Traveler's ability additions for their long overdue Electro key, and then discuss also replacing Guhua calc with something else.
you didn't remove the Razor Stormcloud thing from their profiles

wait

Traveler's Voice-Over:

About Musou no Hitotachi
Paimon: Musou no Hitotachi is amazing!
Paimon: It can beat any enemy with a single slash!
(Traveler): Uh, but for Childe, it might need three slashes...
Paimon: Y—Yeah!
Paimon: Anyway, if you mastered that technique, Paimon wouldn't have to worry about you for the rest of our journey!
(Traveler): So, where can one learn that technique?
Paimon: Yeah, where can one learn that technique?
(Traveler): Hm
Paimon: Quit looking at Paimon like that! O—Okay, Paimon will keep an eye on you during our adventures...

erm
does this change things

I also wanted to mention that Amber and Bennett should be 8B via scaling to Susbedo, since they presumably contributed in the fight against it.

Razor might scale to that too MAYBE if you want to scale him to Bennett

Susbedo was able to clash swords with Inazuma Traveler and Eula

I mean they didn't really directly fight him though is kinda why I don't want to scale them to 8-B. Their contributions in the face were mostly dodged and not tanked by Susbedo, and the gap between their tiers is still smallenough where Susbedo can get feasibly hurt by them anyway.

Also, I'd look at the Chinese voicelines first and get the context before drawing any big conclusions given there's a lot that can be lost in translation, as demonstrated by the Guhua description.

wait

Traveler's Voice-Over:

About Musou no Hitotachi
Paimon: Musou no Hitotachi is amazing!
Paimon: It can beat any enemy with a single slash!
(Traveler): Uh, but for Childe, it might need three slashes...
Paimon: Y—Yeah!
Paimon: Anyway, if you mastered that technique, Paimon wouldn't have to worry about you for the rest of our journey!
(Traveler): So, where can one learn that technique?
Paimon: Yeah, where can one learn that technique?
(Traveler): Hm
Paimon: Quit looking at Paimon like that! O—Okay, Paimon will keep an eye on you during our adventures...

erm
does this change things
No, it's actually a reference to Childe's Bossfight

1 slash for Base, 2nd slash for Delusion, 3rd slash for Foul Legacy, it's kind of a 4th Wall joke about game mechanics

Last edited:
No, it's actually a reference to Childe's Bossfight

1 slash for Base, 2nd slash for Delusion, 3rd slash for Foul Legacy, it's kind of a 4th Wall joke about game mechanics
Huh, I didn't think of it like that but it does make some sense.

Huh, I didn't think of it like that but it does make some sense.
What did you think about the statement?

If you take it quite literally at face value that just brings up a shit ton of scaling problems and just wouldn't even make sense for Paimon to hype it up like that

What did you think about the statement?

If you take it quite literally at face value that just brings up a shit ton of scaling problems and just wouldn't even make sense for Paimon to hype it up like that
I didn't think much of it outside of how taking at face value doesn't make sense for the scaling. I guess it was like an exaggeration for Childe's combat prowess to me.

Want to ask what other characters tiers we should change like Hu Tao's or Klee's too, since I could probably help with those if get a chance to use my computer.

Want to ask what other characters tiers we should change like Hu Tao's or Klee's too, since I could probably help with those if get a chance to use my computer.
Low 7-Bs to High 8-C, 7-Bs to 8-B. Anyone else that scales differently will have to be tackled separately

I mean they didn't really directly fight him though is kinda why I don't want to scale them to 8-B. Their contributions in the face were mostly dodged and not tanked by Susbedo, and the gap between their tiers is still smallenough where Susbedo can get feasibly hurt by them anyway.

Also, I'd look at the Chinese voicelines first and get the context before drawing any big conclusions given there's a lot that can be lost in translation, as demonstrated by the Guhua description.
First of all yeah they kinda did, since Susbedo turned into the giant whopperflower and Bennet and Amber presumably contributed to that fight directly

second of all, not the gap's pretty dang big, especially considering a vast majority of elemental beings in Genshin can create forcefields and the such

Back