• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should Genshin Impact's Hilichurl Tier really be Low 7-B?

We already differentiate Yaksha in tiers from regular Adepti for whatever reason, I don't see why Guhua being said to be an adeptus is any real basis for scaling him to Ganyu. That's a leap if I've ever seen one.

Also let me quote the Rainslasher description:
It is said that he was an adeptus. While Guhua lived, bandits dared not act and the wilderness knew a peace like that of the city.
Allegedly, at the end of his journey he ascended in a purple haze and became a star.
Even Rainslasher is wishy-washy over it. Let's not forget how many people mistook Shenhe for an adeptus despite her being human. I'd say the situation is too vague to really apply to Ganyu, and allowing Guhua to scale to Ganyu requires too many assumptions to be made.

Yeah but that alone shouldn't be basis for Ganyu scaling to him.
It's a pretty generous average for most Adepti due to the God of Salt being able to achieve something similar. She helped found an entire nation, and upon her death she devastated all of it in a massive kamikaze. The God of Salt was considered a lower-level God, meaning a decent average of most adepti should scale to or above that. If Guhua truly is an Adeptus, his feat should be at least be the bar for other beings at his level

We already differentiate Yaksha in tiers from regular Adepti for whatever reason, I don't see why Guhua being said to be an adeptus is any real basis for scaling him to Ganyu. That's a leap if I've ever seen one.

Also let me quote the Rainslasher description:

Even Rainslasher is wishy-washy over it. Let's not forget how many people mistook Shenhe for an adeptus despite her being human. I'd say the situation is to vague to really apply to Ganyu, and allowing Guhua to scale to Ganyu requires too many assumptions to be made.
Xiao fought alongside Adeptis Morax and defeated enemies alongside him, meaning he should at least downscale to him somewhat

People mistook him for an Adeptus because he displayed feats that warrant that opinion of him. Shenhe was mistaken for an Adeptus because she has displayed power on par with them. So either way Guhua should either be treated as an adeptus, or scaled to one

It's a pretty generous average for most Adepti due to the God of Salt being able to achieve something similar. She helped found an entire nation, and upon her death she devastated all of it in a massive kamikaze. The God of Salt was considered a lower-level God, meaning a decent average of most adepti should scale to or above that. If Guhua truly is an Adeptus, his feat should be at least be the bar for other beings at his level
I mean a nation whose borders quickly shrunk in the face of any aggression though, I would scarcely consider that to be any real feat of power and Havria only devastated everything after she was killed by some no-name king which calls into question her durability and the resulting carnage was only because of the power that gods release when they are killed, according to Zhongli. Would we also basically believe that Adeptus can be killed by just some regular sword, then?

The issue with blanket scaling is that we're treating Adepti as a monolithic entity that scales to each other when there are clearly gaps between individual ones between the likes of Zhongli and Yanfei for example. Guhua being a sort of "baseline" seems like such an arbitrary notion without any real information to support this assumption. Yes, people think he's an Adeptus, but I hardly think that's any real reason to make him the "baseline" given the unreliable and indecisiveness of the text as well as the unique context surrounding individual characters in the story.

In my opinion, Guhua should be isolated completely until new evidence demonstrates that his feats can scale to the current cast without hasty assumptions. This is not a dismissal of the evidence but rather an acknowledgment that perhaps the current scaling is held aloft on very questionable grounds. I'm open to discussing this again in the future, but until then I propose the following:
  1. Have lower tier Vision Users downgraded to High 8-C from low 7-B, particularly combat focused ones like Bennett who aren't on strong grounds to be comparable to higher tier ones
  2. Either have 7-B characters downgraded to whatever calculation the new forest one yields (mine was a very rough estimate), or remove Guhua's feat from the equation completely. Or alternatively just leave them untouched until we can find a new solution to this.
The rest can be addressed in another CRT but I still firmly believe in downgrading lower-tier characters, and I'd rather this not be held back by debating intricacies of certain feats and scaling that wouldn't apply to them.

The issue with blanket scaling is that we're treating Adepti as a monolithic entity that scales to each other when there are clearly gaps between individual ones between the likes of Zhongli and Yanfei for example. Guhua being a sort of "baseline" seems like such an arbitrary notion without any real information to support this assumption. Yes, people think he's an Adeptus, but I hardly think that's any real reason to make him the "baseline" given the unreliable and indecisiveness of the text as well as the unique context surrounding individual characters in the story.

In my opinion, Guhua should be isolated completely until new evidence demonstrates that his feats can scale to the current cast without hasty assumptions. This is not a dismissal of the evidence but rather an acknowledgment that perhaps the current scaling is held aloft on very questionable grounds. I'm open to discussing this again in the future, but until then I propose the following:
  1. Have lower tier Vision Users downgraded to High 8-C from low 7-B, particularly combat focused ones like Bennett who aren't on strong grounds to be comparable to higher tier ones
  2. Either have 7-B characters downgraded to whatever calculation the new forest one yields (mine was a very rough estimate), or remove Guhua's feat from the equation completely. Or alternatively just leave them untouched until we can find a new solution to this.
The rest can be addressed in another CRT but I still firmly believe in downgrading lower-tier characters, and I'd rather this not be held back by debating intricacies of certain feats and scaling that wouldn't apply to them.
1 seems fine with me

For 2 I'd personally be ok with removing Guhua from the equation entirely, but then that means we don't have any feat to scale literally any mid-high tier to. Liyu Traveler, Jean, Diluc, Childe, Signora, most higher tier enemies and bosses, basically anyone who's stronger than Bennett but weaker than an Archon will suddenly become Unknown AP, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but that's what's going to happen

I mean they'd still be High 8-C just vastly upscaled from Susbedo's ice given a healthy amount of characters scale to it, including Albedo, Post-Liyue Traveler, and Eula for example.

I'll work on the Guhua thing as well as find some other feats that can work. But hopefully everyone is in agreement with no.1?

P.S. What's stopping us from using stuff like fireball calcs for certain characters? As far as I am aware, DnD uses calcs like these and it might be useful for some particular characters

Well 7A should be for average god like incomeplete Shouki no okami, higher end adepti like mountain shaper and people who scale to them. So Sumeru traveler would downscale from it for obvious reason, Nahida however would upscale from Scara with the device she made since oneshot from it crippled SNO for a while before it start back.

As for the mid tier, i guess they should upscale from Bennett for now since there isn't any other feat that isn't highly speculative. Also Inazuma traveler would still be in the mid tier since they clearly isn't that high above the rest of the cast with how the susbedo event start after Inazuma.

P.S. What's stopping us from using stuff like fireball calcs for certain characters? As far as I am aware, DnD uses calcs like these and it might be useful for some particular characters
Nothing really, but who would we even use to get anything relavent for mid tier?

I have also spoken with a Chinese speaker, and the original description moreso specifies that Guhua cut through the entire forest rather than destroyed it so a different formula should be used

Doubt we can calc that if by cutting through you mean just cutting through the tree, there isn't any windblade calc as far as i know and basic destruction calc is gonna get us nothing (assuming you can even calc something that cut cleanly).

How on earth did Post-Sumeru Traveler only 7-A? While we calc the island cutting feats of Raiden lol.

At minimum it is 6-C.

And mark my word. One day we will scale genshin characters with honkai ones.

Realized I forgot to scale this to "in-lore" distance. Ratio of in-game to in-lore is about 1:158.66, so plugging that in we get a radius of about ~5086km, which would be around High 7-C if plugged into a calculator. This might help with the current debate.
I think cutting these forest will yield us at minimum 8-A.

Here it is, the feat would range from Large Building level to City Block level depending on which end is used to scale.
Weirdly consistent with how he was considered to be just a random martial artist when he performed this feat and later become a renowned martial artist and likely an adepti, making him being above or on par with combat oriented Vision holder not far fetched. Altho it could be due to the weapon that allow him to perform such feat.

Also who do we even scale it to? Sure it isn't that far off from Bennett and Sus but we also don't have much of a reason to scale it to anyone.

Well at least if we take the low end we can put Genshin chars that aren't low tier gods and above firmly in the High 8-C ballpark. Alternatively, put high tier characters at either Bennett/Guhua tier but put a possibly 7-A, because I predict moving forward that while the traveler continues to get stronger, the game will still insist having him fight other characters and pretend they're his equals. Like Cyno or Albedo who both have put the Traveler on the backfoot, who had at that point could win a fight against Signora, fight Beisht and tank a blast from her alongside Shenhe, and survive against Raiden as well

We didn't scale anything from GGZ to HI, the Kiana thing is just pure HI statement not something from GGZ.
Look at Solacis

Also Star Rail still hasn't come out yet so we don't even know how powerful or weak Welt became with the bonus stuff from Path and the lack of a core.
Solacis said that they're comparable to GGZ god tier lol.
Rdit: Anyways, what is your discord username in the server?

Look at Solacis

Solacis said that they're comparable to GGZ god tier lol.
Sure.

No he didn't, Show said so and he specifically call them similar to low tier god which isn't even god tier like Outer God, and that's purely base on their nature of existence, not their power.

Sure.

No he didn't, Show said so and he specifically call them similar to low tier god which isn't even god tier like Outer God, and that's purely base on their nature of existence, not their power.
Here what Bun-Bun said.

Let's not get off topic guys, this is discussing purely Genshin scaling and any cross game scaling should be its own thread

Let's not get off topic guys, this is discussing purely Genshin scaling and any cross game scaling should be its own thread
4df5f321255c7ebef4dc574bdf3018b0.jpg

They actually do lol.
Just look in the discord.
They don't, I am on the discord.
We don't scale anything based off of HG2.
The only shared scaling is how dimensions work, and potentially what authorities characters have.
Attack Potency, Speed, Lifting Strength and everything else is completely unrelated.
Please don't preach to me about how HG2 scaling works when I'm the sole person scaling that game.

Anyway, I've revised the calculation now with the proper thickness of the Prototype Archaic taken into account. So now the lowest end is City Block level while the highest is Multi-City Block level

Now here is what we're working with:
  • Susbedo's Ice feat: 4.28 tons of TNT, High 8-C
  • Guhua's Bamboo Forest feat, which depending on which end gets approve, can be from 32 tons to 85 tons to 160 tons
  • Eula's Bullet Blocking

Now that we've collected most of what we can what do we do now?

Anyway, I've revised the calculation now with the proper thickness of the Prototype Archaic taken into account. So now the lowest end is City Block level while the highest is Multi-City Block level

Now here is what we're working with:
  • Susbedo's Ice feat: 4.28 tons of TNT, High 8-C
  • Guhua's Bamboo Forest feat, which depending on which end gets approve, can be from 32 tons to 85 tons to 160 tons
  • Eula's Bullet Blocking

Now that we've collected most of what we can what do we do now?
Waiting for approvals

same thing, they both have the same tier
≥ is not the same thing as =
Andrius scales to Liyue Traveler who scales to Ganyu who is an adeptus, and Guhua is also considered an adeptus
Doesn't Razor's story quest occur before the Liyue plotline?
If so that's Mondstadt Traveler not Liyue

Naito has already addressed the Guhua scaling so no need for me to speak on that.

Back