• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I just noticed the existence of those profiles, and their 2-C tiers. I assume those are from the end of the WN or very late in the LN (which is still on-going). I think there should be different keys for Naofumi and Raphtalia at different key points in the story.

Based on what I've read (I'm on Vol.7), having a key at Vol.4 (end of 1st arc) and another at Vol.7 (post-training and end of 3rd arc) would make the profiles better

They are based on the WN.

If you want to make more keys you can do that, though based on the WN (and I would suggest keeping the existing profiles to the WN as the LN differs) in my opinion it only really makes sense to add a hero form key, not keys for separate arcs.

That is because, as far as I see, the first proper feats are in the spirit turtle arc and after that, while they in theory grow a lot stronger, they don't have feats that would upgrade them above the spirit turtle arc level.

Why make them based off the WN? The LN is technically an adjusted version of the WN, so the LN would be the more truthful version. Same thing happened with KonoSuba: the WN came first, but when the author got scouted and his series was serialized, events changed and the new version is what everything resolves around.

Because the current profiles are based on the WN (the LN isn't that far yet and will take many years to reach that point) and you can not mix the two canons, because the stories differ in relevant points as the story progresses.

There is also not a "more truthful" version, it simply are different canons. (just like the original web novel end of the author is technically its own canon)

If you want to make LN versions do them in separate profiles.

That annoying turtle destroyed a mountain, and it seemed like fragmentation or violent fragmentation, iirc. Naofumi with the Wrath Shield - if I'm remembering the name correctly - could scale.

Don't know about the rest of the scaling though. It's been quite some time.

Nope, clearly composite.

(btw. should you care about copyright infrigment, all of Raphtalias ability description there is a direct copy of the one on the shield hero wiki)

Aside from that I am fairly sure they are wanked. The stat reasoning seems to be based entirely on WN events, based on the fact that in the LN they didn't fight Medea yet as far as I can tell, and in the WN Medea certainly didn't affect the entire multiverse (at least not in ways that would justify multiversal ranking. She does arguably delete each the version of some people from all universes). If she did anything relevant on multiversal+ scale Ark would instantly have kicked her butt.

Just a question, I know that the Shield Hero Profiles are new but what I wanted to make sure is what part does it confirm that what they meant by "World" is that they are referring to the universe rather than just the planet? I finished the WN but I'm not sure which part did they indicated it. Maybe I might have missed something here.

Look around the part of the story with Arc, there are various things.

We prepare ourselves to cross worlds once more, as we start drifting through space. I concentrate… those two's locations. … Motoyasu is close. He's somewhere parallel to that world.

On the contrary, Ren is far. If I were to compare it to Outer space, it's like he's a world a galaxy away. Is that Ren's world?
Which clearly states that the worlds referred to are not actually in outer space.

"Can I ask you something?" (Naofumi)

"I'll give you as many answers as you want."

"… Then, where is this?" (Naofumi)

I do think the starry sky is pretty, but I really can't see where I'm going. Even with the light of the spirits, that doesn't really change.

"Here? Would you understand if I called it the dimensional rift?" "What?" (Naofumi)

"It's the space between one world and another. Each and every light you see floating in the sky is but another world."

The man points his finger to the sky as he answers.

As I squinted my eyes, I could see that they were, indeed, not stars. They kinda looked like crystal balls floating in space, I guess? Not like true stars.

And they looked closer that I thought. As If I could reach out and grab one if I had a ladder.

"This is the rift you can reach from any world. You seem to have come from a world without magic, so I guess if I put it simply, this would be space? Well, something similar to that. A rule-less world of disorder. A normal human would be guaranteed to get lost here."

"Well… I do understand that my sense of common sense isn't working here." (Naofumi)

"So it isn't."
Which also makes it clear that we are not talking about planets or anything.

And there are other things like different passages of time, worlds being "parallel worlds" (see the one motoyasu is in during the side story) and different laws of physics in different worlds etc.

Not sure if the word "universe" was ever actually used, but it is from context absolutely clear that "worlds" refer to universes.

So a bit of a necro, but why is Naofumi 10-C?

"Below Average Human (Has an attack stat of 0 and would be incapable of harming even an infant)"

Specifically this. He's almost definitely physically capable; lifting and pulling people by their collars and more notably, killing Ballons (The orange monsters). These monsters may be weak but adults are visibly afraid of it's bite and also can be seen leaving very visible marks on victim's bodies (Other than Naofumi of course. Who drags these things around with him because of his naturally high defense). If Ballons were really weaker than infants and would pop with any strong blow, bandits and such would have no reason to be afraid and run away from them.

The profile is missing keys, atm it only has the characters at their strongest, and not their previous versions.

Eos naofumi what i know lost all his attacking stat, while raphtalia lost her defensive stats.

As for what their stats would be pre Eos, maybe mountain level for defeating a turtle that was as large as a mountain but idk haven't read the shield hero wn yet only manga so you're gonna have to ask DontTalk about it

Naofumis attack stat in god form is straight up lower than at the beginning of the series. It's directly stated that he would be physically incapable of hurting a child at that point.

Lifting and pulling are other stories in Shield Hero, as they are separate of the attack stat.

As much I want to see Naofumi Iwatani vs Rimuru Tempest I do not see any key phases of Naofumi and Rimuru matching.

Rimuru would destroy Naofumi...unless they start of at unequal speed, he has Raphtalia with him and you highball his abilities and give him 2-A reflection...then, and only then, he might stand a chance.

just asking tho when they (naofumi and raphtalia) say they fighting another evil gods what their possible tier tho? and maybe those evil gods tier is more than 2-C and they can win against the evil gods. so isn't naofumi and raphtalia tier is more than 2-C?

and infinity zero to create barriers around universes?? since if it only affect universe the evil gods can just escape to different universes? and ability to make attack potency from can destroy universes to cannot destroy world and can super easily affect someone in tier 2-C is definitely isn't power that someone in 2-C have..

@Thief Arthur

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking, but they're more than likely 2-C...tbh

"since if it only affect universe the evil gods can just escape to different universes? "

It blocks them from escaping.

can infinity zero affect 2-B and 2-A? since naofumi quite possibly fight other evil gods that have power like that? can he also tank those evil gods? and don't forget medea a 2-C character don't even give any resistance to that

When was it said that other evil gods are 2-B and up?

but....Honestly...considering Shield Hero's cosmology, it's pretty likely that there is a 2-B out there somewhere, but why would Naofumi and Raphtalia scale to them?

in defence and attack part they are more than 2-C since they fight with 2-B naofumi needs to tank their attack and raphtalia needs to breach their defence to kill those 2-B

and we still don't know how strong naofumi's gods magic is, since some of the one he use is probably isn't the strongest one

YungManzi said:
Rimuru would destroy Naofumi...unless they start of at unequal speed, he has Raphtalia with him and you highball his abilities and give him 2-A reflection...then, and only then, he might stand a chance.
Was about to start a thread on this, but decided not to since I'm not knowledgable enough to do so, bu would like to see one done, byt people who actually are.

Doomrider7 said:
YungManzi said:
Was about to start a thread on this, but decided not to since I'm not knowledgable enough to do so, bu would like to see one done, byt people who actually are.
naofumi probably can fight rimuru because the gods that he hunt is basically someone that reached their peak evolution and have some godlike power like rimuru

Back