• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Settle it in Smash! Ganon vs Dark Samus (Concluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adapting to a parallel universe created by the 2-C goddesses designed to hax anyone who enters it is on a higher level than the lone Dark Samus. Ganon took much more Twilight than Dark Samus would be able to get an equivalent of Phazon on him.

SomebodyData said:
I'm... gonna need context? Not sure how it would adapt to mind manip/being pulled back.
To put it simply, Ganon turned his body into a PED Suit for Twilight when he was much weaker.

Ganon doesn't scale to the Golden Goddesses at all though; that would be like saying a fodder Universe 11 character is Low 2-C because he borrowed some Energy of Destruction from their GoD.

Also, about the Piano or Tennis skills, Dark Samus adapted Samus's Michael Jackson Moonwalk skills.

It took Ganon hundreds of years along with needing outside help from Zant before he could get his body back after being turned into a soul by Twilight.

I have severe doubts Ganon is going to adapt to the effects of Phazon.

Okay... then, uh, anything else?

@Fire Idk man, Dark Samus' motives are never exactly made clear.

Long post incoming.

I am voting inconclusive. SDs arguement that phazon will very likely effect Ganon is sound but there are a few things that are still not cleared in my opinion which could shift the momentum

1) This qoute presented by SD here which implies it could force teleport Ganon back(main arguement for BFR not working.

We have returned to Tallon IV, borne here against our will by a great cataclysm from the reaches of space. "
~ Chozo, after being yanked from some higher plane due to the effects of Phazon
"
The world of living things feels strange to us, we who have existed so long on the edges of time and space. It is clear now that we Chozo can never return to our dimension, not while the Great Poison reaches ever further into the planet.

This quote was used as arguement that BFR wont work vs DS but also force Ganon himeself back too.

But this is very vague. The Chozo planet was already affected by phazon(because of the meteor) and the Chozo's died by it. Which means the chozo ghosts not being able to return to their dimension is very likely just an after effect of them being corrupted. I mean, why doesn't the phazon planet just force teleport every kind of creature to a phazon area if it can do that(since it's goal is to spread phazon).

Has pahzon ever force teleported someone who wasn't yet corrupted/touched/in any way interacted with phazon?

If not, I don't see Ganon being force teleported back to a phazon area if he BFR himself and the others immediately. And while DS could probably revive herself in an area with enough phazon if she is killed in the DW, she still has no way to interact with Ganon without going to the DW or vice versa, i.e a stalemate unless one of them can affect them across the dimensions.

Also once DS is in the DW she will very likely turn into a entirely different creature which might not even be a phazon being(a human turned into a ball for example) but who knows. It should be noted though that Ganon's transmutation also contains powernull since Link couldn't use magic in the DW and Zant's transmutation robbed Midna of all of her powers.

2) There is also my other arguement SD replied to but there was no clear conclusion: When Ganon BFRs, he indiscriminately warps the entire battle area. The phazon will likely be wraped to the DW as well and affected by the curse(if they are living beings). Although a little phazon could seep to the underground and escape I guess but I don't know if that is going to happen.

A lot of vague things here I guess. I personally think it is either a stalemate(again unless one can affect the other through dimensions) or they both become corrupted by the other and both lose.

The Chozos died to Phazon later, and that was when the Leviathan first impacted the planet. Not sure where you got any of what you just said.

Yes, it has, the Chozo.

2) He only BFRs the beings, not the entire battle area otherwise there would be a massive hole wherever he BFRs...

We're still ignoring that he kills every part of Dark Samus with a single attack. The dude can kill souls so Low Godly won't help too much.

@SD I havent played the game yet so I get most of my info from wiki. Sorry if there is any misinformation. https://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Phazo / https://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Tallon_IV

Both sources here say that Phazon on Talon IV caused the Chozo on their planet to die or become corrupted ghost.

Unless you are saying that the phazon corrupted and force teleported the ghosts that existed prior the corruption of the planet? Not sure if I understand you correctly.

@Cal whatever happened to starting with BFR?

@Fire it states even in the wiki pages that they were brought back to the mortal realm when the Leviathan striked...? So where are you getting anything you're stating?

You also brought up Ganon's barriers. Other than BFR, the things he leads with in ALTTP are putting up a barrier around his tower and sealing his opponents in them (and given that the people he trapped in barriers can destroy Ganon's barriers but not his sealing barriers, it means quite a bit).

@Cal by the time it fails, Dark Samus should have been able to affect Ganon with a lot of Phazon.

I was referring to protecting himself with barriers, I have doubts sealing barriers would work against DS given her own teleportation, portal creation, and intangibility

Phazon won't even get near Ganon considering he can destroy it, has his own teleportation, and become intangible to beings that can hit ghosts. Ganon swipes at Phazon and it's subatomized due to the massive AP difference. Phazon's no longer Phazon if it's reduced to protons and therefore doesn't retain its properties.

@Triforce like I've said before, Phazon is a composition of mirco organisms. It's like saying Ganon BFRs the very bacteria in the air or the ground as well (Which none of you have shown)

@Cal Pretty sure Ganon doesn't just punch every projectile on the floor or coming at him?... And like I've mentioned before, this is Phazon energy he'll have to repel as well. Touching it would only begin his corruption

Energy can be dissipated. And he's not going to be stupid enough to just let the projectiles touch him. And I still stand by that Ganon's ability to dispel diseases negates the effects of Phazon before it can achieve victory (as you have yet to show me otherwise).

SomebodyData said:
@Fire it states even in the wiki pages that they were brought back to the mortal realm when the Leviathan striked...? So where are you getting anything you're stating?
Not sure which part of the arguement you are addressing. Do you mean the part of the chozo ghosts not being able to return to their dimension very likely just being an after effect of them being corrupted?

My main arguement was that since the chozo planet was corrupted by phazon already that this phazon on the planet was the cause of the ghosts coming back(I mean why only Chozo ghosts. Why not human ghosts/space pirate ghosts ect...) Not to mention( a seperate arguement) that if phazon can just force teleport others away like you said, why doesn't it teleport a bunch of people on planet phaaze or something like that?

SomebodyData said:
@Triforce like I've said before, Phazon is a composition of mirco organisms. It's like saying Ganon BFRs the very bacteria in the air or the ground as well (Which none of you have shown)
Humans are a composition of cells. BFR'ing a person is like saying Ganon BFRs the very bacteria in the air or the ground as well.

Ganon doesn't need to BFR the rest of the Phazon. He needs to BFR Dark Samus.

@Cal The entire point is that contact makes it so he gets corrupted. He can dispel it yeah, but to do so he needs to make contact.

@Triforce yes... However like I've mentioned before, it's so hasn't gone so far as to to rip the ground off the Earth or affect so many microrganisms. Ye, in the case of Dark Samus, it becomes shaprnels upon shrapnels, it's kinda in the name of her arm cannon... Of course, she can also make it invisible to even Samus' invisible seeing radar and induce blindness from a distance.

@Fireblast, instead of cherry picking the info (sorry I'm going to have to put you guys on blast) if you were to actually read what you're linking, they don't get corrupted by the Phazon untill long after they were brought back. Hell you're literally agruing that it should have brought back humans that never even were on the planet, and space pirates didn't arrive untill 50 years later. Please stop cherry picking the info, and actually read what you're linking.

@Cal please read what he's linking instead of just agreeing

@SD. Firstly, Ganon dispels disease via lolmagic. Not contact. Second, Ganon resists the blinding even in base due to being a Gerudo, and Ganon has extrasensory perception, so invisibility means as much to her as it did to Link. Still, in the words of Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot, the first thing to do when your opponent becomes invisible is to logically do an AoE attack. Going invisible is the worst thing to do because it spells instant annihilation.

@Cal you've been stating he would simply swipe it away, not via lolmagic. Secondly since when does he do that? Has he, for example, done that against the Light Arrows? Again, even with the Dark Visor which sees invisible things, can't see Dark Samus 3, much less DS 4 or Corruption Dark Samus. Yeah, but out of the blue? It should at the very least suprise Ganon long enough to spray him with some Phazon.

Yeah. I said he'd swipe away the projectile. Which would still be subatomized by making contact with Ganon's force and therefore lose its properties due to no longer being Phazon at that point. If it does corrupt him, he still lolmagics it, because that's the first thing his much weaker alter ego Agahnim does in ALTTP: dispel disease. Seeing invisibility=/=extrasensory perception. Dark Samus doesn't have Reimu's Fantasy Nature. She's still physically present and can still be sensed. Link uses the Magic Cape and Ganon doesn't let up a beat.

And to answer your question, Ganon does reflect Light Arrows. That's what gives him his current speed.

Ganon's force comes from his fist though, going by this, he still needs to make contact with the Phazon energy.... If it corrupted him, he'll be corrupted. You can't lolmagic it when you don't want to lolmagic it because your mind is corrupted, that's the equivent of me saying "Well yeah, Ganon mindhaxes Link, but once Link is mindhaxed, what stops Link from finding a way out of the mind hax." Well you really aren't telling me how the extrasensory perception works here. Actually, her intangibility is via dimensional flux, she's not really there.

All Phazon energy that makes contact with Ganon if he's applying force and isn't neutral, it doesn't matter if he's making contact because it stops being Phazon when it makes contact. It can't corrupt him because it's no longer the same substance after making contact. That's how energy works. And even if it did, Ganon has at the very least a few seconds before he gets affected. He's not lolmindhaxed instantaneously. Because that's how diseases work. It has to reach certain parts of his body.

Extrasensory perception works the way conventional extrasensory perception works, dude. And I said invisibility (or at least I meant to), not intangibility (again, at least I meant to).

Phazon energy doesn't get transmutated into some other type of energy from being hit, if that's what you're saying.

You were being serious about the Phazon needing to reach your brain? Like I said, Chozo Ghosts, several robots, plants, and rocks say hi. You know that this "needs to go to your brain" thing is something you just made up.

There is 4 types of extrasensory perception.... Which one are you talking about? It was mentioned above, but the invisibility and intangibility basically come hand to hand in Echoes, so it still applies (Not to mention you're arguing it would still physically affect it)

@Triforce makes you wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back