• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Settle it in Smash! Ganon vs Dark Samus (Concluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Somebody

He doesn't use transmutation in character (He personally never used it at all, only Zant with his powers did so), however the Dark World, which is where this particular Ganon likes to send people, has passive Transmutation. Once you're in the Dark World you are morphed into a reflection of your heart and mind.

TriforcePower1 said:
Okay. "You get near him, and he decides to teleport you away".
That's not...entirely true.

He actually engaged in a fight against Link before sending him to the Dark World, he only BFR'D him once he started losing. There's a good chance he may attempt combat against Dark Samus first before trying BFR, I wouldn't say with 100% certainty he'll do it the second she gets near him.

Ganon backhands any shot she shoots at him with his attack reflection. Unlike him, Dark Samus doesn't have anything that's thought based and all her stuff is purely projectile.

That's not...entirely true.

He actually engaged in a fight against Link before sending him to the Dark World, he only BFR'D him once he started losing. There's a good chance he may attempt combat against Dark Samus first before trying BFR, I wouldn't say with 100% certainty he'll do it the second she gets near him.

But he literally used it against anyone else. It's kind of like how Yuga, despite the fact that he's repeatedly shown to always lead with paint hax, doesn't actually use it against Link. Why? PIS to let the boss battle happen.

I just want to point out that Zant's transmutation is a curse/spell and Ganon loves placing curses on anyone who isn't Link(who is resistant to it) so I wouldn't rule out Ganon doing raw transmutation although only if he truly sees her as a threat.

@Triforce sounds like he enters combat against people he deems a threat (ironically), while BFRing everyone else. I'm pretty sure he'll see Dark Samus as a threat.

@Cal that's true, but spraying Phazon everywhere with his Attack Reflection is not a very good idea. There is also the fact that Dark Samus can become invisble (Even to the Dark visor, which can already see invisible objects and beings), which would include her projectiles.

She can also cover the surroundings with Phazite or Phazon which she's also done, or just do an omnidirectional explusion of Phazon energy like she did in Echoes and in Corruption several times.

Ganon's literally trapped thousands in the Dark World as his goal was to build up a populace of monsters to take over the Light World. Why he didn't simply BFR Link in the first place, idk, but even then, he still did at the end.

Ganon can one up that by pulling a Bayonetta with the Dark World being Purgatorio

Ganon can just...destroy or overpower that Phazon. He is a million times stronger after all.

And that's the issue, the entire point of Phazon is that once its effects are on you, then the battle has been basically already decided. Worst case scenerio is that Dark Samus gets transmutated in the Dark World and a few minutes later (Assuming the Triforce does has planetary mind manip resist, though that seems contested) Ganon becomes Dark Samus and she comes back with his powers as well.

Which is nice, only that's not exactly the point.

Didn't you say he would use attack reflection? Though even then, if it begins to affect him, its kinda over.

@Dust Collector, I'm not sure if Gargoyle One is still voting Ganondorf, and put me in for Dark Samus.

Also is this Ganon or Ganondorf?

Ganon and Ganondorf are interchangeable names, but if you're asking if he's in his human or beast form, it's the latter.

Hmm, I see, this may be even better for Dark Samus. It means that there is an even bigger chance that Phazon might spray on him.

I highly doubt that Phazon is so effective that it touching your hand for less than a second will do that to someone.

Permanent hypermode 3
It couldn't have been just a spore of Dark Samus' phazon that almost corrupted Samus, could it?

"Should Samus knock a Space Pirate off a platform in the Phazon Mines, it will die instantly once it touches the Phazon-covered floor."

Though that said, why would Ganon destroy the Phazon that touches him? He doesn't even know what it'll do to him.

Well Radiation Manip, though the point was to show the immediacy of the effects against someone who basically isn't Samus, not that Phazon kills Ganon.

Actually, while you're here, does Ganon also have an active pre-cog or nah? This part could determine how the battle begins.

If he falls asleep he'll have vague dreams about the future. In other words, no he doesn't have active pre-cog.

SomebodyData said:
Well Radiation Manip, though the point was to show the immediacy of the effects against someone who basically isn't Samus, not that Phazon kills Ganon.
But unless stated otherwise, I don't think we can assume all of its effects are instantaneous just because some of them are. Especially if the guy this thing is used against is much strange than Dark Samus.

Eh, it was just one example, gimme a sec, I'll find more, there should easily be one regarding the corruptive effects.

"The Great Poison is unlike anything we have glimpsed in this or any dimension. It eats relentlessly, worming out life wherever it blooms and corrupting what it cannot kill."

"Some creatures survive, but their forms grow as twisted and evil as the force that fell from the sky."

^These confirm that if it does not die immediately, it will become corrupted.

And like I said above, even people with Planetary Mind Manip Resistance and technology specifically meant to hold off the Corruption eventually succumb, given that its debatable that Ganon even has the former, the effects should be quite quick.

Except: Ganon doesn't know that the Corruption is disease based, mind you even the GF had thought Phazon was a radioactive material rather than a collection of superorganisms. Power Null is not something he leads with according to all of you.

Which is understandable, but the idea that he'll use it in time seems highly suspect, espically given that the Phazon can corrupt Samus.

@Triforce Well assuming he has Planetary Mind Manip resistance and the PED Suit equivalent, several hours as long as he's awake, if he's asleep Phazon spreads terribly slow (Like, a month at least). If he just has planetary mind manip resistance, then its proportionate to the amount of Phazon on him. Like if he was just standing on it, a minute at best, if its covering him, then significantly quicker.

It affected her pretty badly by just getting near it's vicinity and would corrupt her in a very short timeframe if not for the fact that she had the phazon suit and the PED suit.

So it's not instantaneous and the guys who's being effected realizes that it's harming him. Ganon should be more than capable of nulling it (and even completely destroy all Phazon thrown at him as the TF has shown to be capable of something like that iirc)

I think you're ignoring the fact that it takes a small time for people with a Resistance much higher than him. In addition, how would he know its affecting him again? The only reason the Chozo, for example, knew something was wrong was because they were literally yanked down from some higher plane, the Space Pirates knew because they saw it first hand.

Oh, I see, I was talking about the mind manip stuff, that's the radiation manip but it was affecting her 5-B form, so it shouldn't affect a 4-B.

Except, this is also radiation that effects Astral forms and Essences. It would require Mid-Godly Regenerationn to resist that by that logic.

TriforcePower1 said:
Btw, I've just discovered the TF may have an universal mindhax feat. Too bad it doesn't scale to Ganon's resistance. </div>
But it does scale to Malos and Tingles Resistances

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Except, this is also radiation that effects Astral forms and Essences. It would require Mid-Godly Regenerationn to resist that by that logic.
Ehm... is what you described something akin to souls or emotions? Because Ganon can regenerate from both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back