• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Settle it in Smash! Ganon vs Dark Samus (Concluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about Dark? We have no evidence that the Radiation affects Astral forms or essenses, only the corruptive elements? Not to mention radiation manip isn't a hax ability, it is still correlated with ap, otherwise nukes would neg durability.

I mean, giving cancer and stuff from radiation doesn't seem like it's that tied to durability, just that melting someone with microwaves or something would be.

Well that's true, but I don't think Ganon would be affected by cancer..

Hold on, do we assume he's like Calamity Ganon or the former Ganon, the latter might actually be affected, weirdly enough.

Well the former can't get, well you know, cancer, becauses he's just malice energy incarnate from what I understand. @Dust

@Triforce I see. Huh. Not sure how the cancers will affect Ganon, but surely negatively I would assume.

Assuming he just doesn't null it, RWs it etc. It's probably not even a distraction given Ganon's regen. And unless shown otherwise by the radiation, cancer takes time (hours at best) to actually be noticeable.

Yeah, so even now the Radiation Manip is probably not relevant, with the corruption being on the fore front.

Yesish and no, most of the Phazon abilities are contact based, while some (Like Portal Creation or Life Creation) have been shown by thought. Others like psychic and precog neg are by standing there.

Ganon doesn't need more than 10 seconds to destroy any traces of Phazon on him. It taking like, a minute, and that's being generous, if it so much as touches him means little in the grand scheme of things. Ganon's not in a heavily Phaaze'd area. The only source of Phazon is Dark Samus. Even if Ganon didn't have any resistance to mind manipulation (and Ganon's resistance isn't planetary), I've seen nothing yet that proves that the instant a mm of it touching you means game over. Ganon can cut off his limb or use magic to null it and he has enough time to because again, I see no reason to believe that a touch pulls a Digimon and wins that second.

Because like I said before, he wouldn't realize he is being mind manip'd by the Phazon.

Corruption Dark Samus literally drops planet corrupting seeds wherever she goes, and that's ignoring the fact that by now she is literal Phazon, with even her forcefield releasing Phazon bullets in excess. Mind you Dark Samus has also been shown creating pillars of Phazon and Phazite. The Leviathan's core can release enough Phazon to completely convert a planet to Phazee, which Dark Samus at this point is completely above.

Again, it takes about a minute for regular Phazon to corrupt someone with Planetary Mind Manip resistance which you just said Ganon doesn't even have, and Dark Samus' strain is significantly above that. And even if it takes a minute, you're forgetting the part where that corruption doesn't stop just because Dark Samus is BFR'd, so he would in turn become Dark Samus.

Why on Earth would Ganon cut off a limb or use magic on something he doesn't even know has powers, to him, it would basically be Dark Samus' blood / projectile.

So how is this playing out? Can DS corrupt Ganon before he BFRs? I say Ganon wins for now. We have established that Ganon not opening with BFR is PIS(since he did it to anyone else who isnt Link plus Link had an artifact that made him immune to the transmutation in the dark world so in the end the only difference would be a little less gameplay because no boss battle).

Also it doesn't matter if DS can create portals to come back because the moment she enters the Dark World is the moment the transmutation takes effect. So she would have to be completly immune to BFR to avoid this.

"And even if it takes a minute, you're forgetting the part where that corruption doesn't stop just because Dark Samus is BFR'd, so he would in turn become Dark Samus."

It's not like the effect isn't gradual. It's not like one minute Ganon's fine and the next he's a Phazite. Ganon feels woozy and then negates it.

Actually it is like that.

But first he might experience more aggressiveness and a sense of being stronger, which I don't think Ganon would do anything about.

Also, what are you talking 'Phazite'? That's just solid Phazon, not a state of being.

It's more like, does Ganon BFR Dark Samus without Dark Samus spreading Phazon at all (Because mind you, as of Corruption Phazon can produce its own beings and dupe itself), which I doubt given the circumstances (Like Dark Samus being literal Phazon)

Ganon's the smartest being in his verse with the complete Triforce. He takes no chances and destroys the Phazon. Not to mention that he goes to the Dark World himself for a home field advantage, making DS's terrain changes moot.

Good luck with teleporting to the Dark World, actually I'm not sure BFR would even work.

We have returned to Tallon IV, borne here against our will by a great cataclysm from the reaches of space.
~ Chozo, after being yanked from some higher plane due to the effects of Phazo​
The world of living things feels strange to us, we who have existed so long on the edges of time and space. It is clear now that we Chozo can never return to our dimension, not while the Great Poison reaches ever further into the planet.
~ Same​
+ The entire dimensional mishaps of Echoes.

What?

Unless the Dark World is a higher dimensional realm, the point stands. Heck its basically like Dark Aether.

Except it's bigger by an unfathomable amount and Dark Samus is a tree upon arrival.

Heck, from what you posted, Chozo returning is related to their ties to the planet, not Phazon.

How does size factor in to this? It's not affecting the world itself?

A Great Poison burst forth into the land, clawing at life with such violence that we were ripped from our peaceful state and find ourselves wandering as shadows of the mortal forms we left behind, searching for why we are here.
~ The Phazon brings them back as spirits (Or essence, if you will, something Dark Samus already is/was)​

borne here against our will by a great cataclysm from the reaches of space.
~ They literally say it was the Leviathan, not the planet (Where did you even get that?)​

Erm, the Phazon brought them forceifully back after "ascending" into this dimension? And they weren't dead (yet), they were turned into the spirits by the Phazon. Never said it was Heaven? (There is an afterlife if that's what you're implying, but its not that dimension.)

We have returned to Tallon IV, borne here against our will by a great cataclysm from the reaches of space. A meteor came, casting a dark shadow of debris over the land with the violence of its impact. Though we perceived this from beyond space and time, it was but a curiosity: a brief flare in the universe. A Great Poison burst forth into the land, clawing at life with such violence that we were ripped from our peaceful state and find ourselves wandering as shadows of the mortal forms we left behind, searching for why we are here.
~ Nope, it was the Phazon, the World itself doesn't have reality warping powers as you seem to imply​

"A Great Poison burst forth into the land, clawing at life with such violence that we were ripped from our peaceful state and find ourselves wandering as shadows of the mortal forms we left behind, searching for why we are here."

Phazon clawing at life would do nothing here. At best, it would draw other things to the Dark World.

"borne here against our will by a great cataclysm from the reaches of space." They state it in the quote you just copied that it was the Phazon.

Without context and ignoring the first part, that works, but the thing is their 'peaceful state' refers to their lack of technology.

We Chozo are departing now, after so many years in peaceful seclusion here on Tallon IV. When we came, this place was a refuge for our spirits, a civilization built from native materials, bereft of the trappings of our technology.
And even if we ignore the context, either the Dark World or the SBA world would have life, no? It would still work.

@Iapitus, ye, I kinda like how the battle now depends on the lore and several abilities rather than convential ones here.

Phazon would do something here. It's a huge chunk of hax all at once. Ganon gets exposed by it and he automatically gets f%cked. And that's not taking into consideration that Ganon has no idea what Phazon does or how to even combat it since he lacks resistance to a good chunk of the abilities

Ye @Glass, Ironically, if Ganon started with forcefields encompassing his whole body (So basically defensive stuff) rather than BFR/ RW or something he would probably have won easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back