• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sergio Bonelli Comics Discussion Thread

I mean, he ain't wrong.
Yeah I know, it's probably gonna be a short scene in which Bats quickly ambushes him and then they join forces.

Still, it's worrying that there have been no news on this crossover, from what I read around the web it seems like it was supposed to come out in summer of 2020. Same with the tv series, no news, we don't even have a cast yet. What about the Dampyr series? I recall from Lucca that at least you had a cast, any news on that?

Those are the moments when you should realize how bas the idea is. (About Recchioni's post)

The Dampyr movie should come out this year, it is unknown when, though

Just found a Tex story about vampires, gonna read it cause 1) I wanna read stuff 2) Might have feats
I've always been curious about those stories of Tex and Zagor.
They are apparently grounded comics, and then magicians and monsters appear, especially with the second, who goes after zombies, aliens, robots and more.

Tex is usually fairly grounded, but I don't really see Zagor that way.

Cool, I didn't think that explosions would grant that, since I've never (I think) seen such resistance given after them.
It also matches a statement in another story, where is stated that incendiary bullets would be useless against them and with especially powerful human-vampires laughing off at being set on fire.

It's not because of the explosion itself, but the helicopter was on fire and he walked out of it without much trouble. Anyway, gonna get to the Dylan Dog calc

Makes sense, I didn't even think of it.
Something I want to make, eventually, is a Master of the Night Physiology, they share really a lot of powers, both mental and physical.

That's warranted only if you make a lotta pages for them iirc

I will, I have enough amazing artworks for all the relevant vampires, and I could get something more overtime.

Here are the vampires of which I have very good artworks [ (Not all are villains) (Some need censorship 👀 )].

And I have to decide which of these three images is better for the MC. (I will still fill the gallery section with dozens more).
This should fit his vampire form.

I also have arts ready for more characters.

Blood and gore are fine (some profiles have a disclamier at the top), nudity isn't.

This is valid both for images that are uploaded and linked.

Last edited:
Up to 2-B everything should be fine as long as it follows the rules, staff approval is needed from 2-A onwards, but I'll ask in due time.

"Ed eccoci giunti, con la serie regolare, all'estate, che sarà all'insegna di un evento epocale che riguarderà i Dylan dal 418 al 420"

stop! It's already dead!

"Non preoccupatevi: la lavorazione del team-up tra Dylan Dog e Batman prosegue spedita nelle abili mani di Roberto Recchioni, Werther Dell'Edera e Gigi Cavenago. Serve ancora un po' di pazienza, ma il risultato ricompenserà interamente la lunga attesa!"

ok so they haven't forgotten about it, good to know. Still no news on the tv series tho

I saw it, this should be a great year for Dampyr, while I'm not quite sure it's the same for DD, unfortunately, but who knows.

And it was about time for the crossover, I hope at least that turns out to be good.

I'm not quite sure, Dylan was aware of what was going to happen and it seems he was already down when the bullets passed over him. The distance and the timeframe seem also difficult to determine, sincd the burglar (or whatever he is) was behind a wall or something when Dylan's shot reached him.

I'm not quite sure, Dylan was aware of what was going to happen
Dylan didn't know he was armed until that moment, and the assassin quickly whipped out his gun. Groucho was also obstructing his view on top of that
it seems he was already down when the bullets passed over him
He screams "down" in that very pannel, wouldn't make sense if he was already down, and in the pannel right before he's standing upright
The distance and the timeframe seem also difficult to determine
this one is true, but i think both can be approximated

"Togliti, quello sta per" implies that Dylan was aware that the assassin was armed, otherwise he wouldn't have said that.
My problem with the timeframe is that in the other panel we see both Dylan moving down and the bullets passing, but we can't tell how things went, and I'm more prone at thinking that Dylan went down first, since he knew the guy was about to shoot (It could even be said that the "bullet lines" being entirely shown is a proof of that, but that's my interpretation).
Also, immediately after ducking, Dylan shoots, and the bullet reaches the guys once he is behind a wall, making the whole spacing weird, because he either outpaced the bullet to get covering or was already there when he shot.

"Togliti, quello sta per" implies that Dylan was aware that the assassin was armed, otherwise he wouldn't have said that.
I mean... no it doesn't, he's simply telling Groucho to not stay in front of his gun and block his view of the intruder. Also as you can see, the assassin only took out the gun as Dylan said that and up until that point he only had a torch, there's simply no way that Dylan knew he was armed. The phrase could easily be refering to the assassin escaping. And the "buttala" is refering to a sleeping gas-cannister the guy is holding, not the gun
I'm more prone at thinking that Dylan went down first, since he knew the guy was about to shoot
But it's just wrong and you have to assume that 1) Dylan had knowledge of something he 100% had no way of knowing, because the gun didn't come out until the bullets were shot, you can literally see the assassin turn around, take out the gun while Dylan is telling Groucho to piss off and quickly turn around. Dylan couldn't possibly know that the guy was armed 2) Dylan just happened to scream "Down" AFTER he was already down, which makes no sense and 3) the artist just completely messed up the pannel disposition by only showing Dylan standing upright and then down only AFTER the gun was fired.
The most logical interpretation of this is simply what we are shown: Dylan is standing upright, the assassin shoots, right as he shoots Dylan ducks, easy
Also, immediately after ducking, Dylan shoots, and the bullet reaches the guys once he is behind a wall, making the whole spacing weird, because he either outpaced the bullet to get covering or was already there when he shot.
It's not that big of a deal, the guy was next to a wall when he shot and quickly shuffled behind the wall in the time it took Dylan to duck and shoot, easy as that

Last edited:
But wasn't Dylan about to say "Quello sta per sparare?" Why he should've said that if he didn't know that he had a gun, or at least supposed so, since he clearly had bad intentions.
On the other points I think that the scene is open to different interpretations (and I wouldn't exclude wonky timing of the action) but previous knowledge and distance can greatly change the outcome of the feat. (granted, I consider your stance valid, since that's what happens in the scene after all).
But if Dylan was actually so fast to dodge the bullets, he consequently shot almost immediately, and the other guy should have had really good reactions to hide behind a wall, because the entire thing should have happened in a very short timeframe.

Back