• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sergio Bonelli Comics Discussion Thread

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Hello guys. I'm intending to create a verse page for some classic western comics. TEX, Zagor, and the likes. I don't think that is a popular thing in USA, but here in Brazil and in Italy, those comics got a pretty big cult following, and I'd like to make some pages for it.

I do have plenty of feats, enough to make a few pages (although even if it is many, it is still very few compared to the whole thing, kind of like having +1000 scans of Marvel or DC comics, it would be a lot in any other scenario but the verse is big enought that it basically amounts to nothing), and I want to ask if anyone around here also read them and is willing to help me create the pages. There is a lot of love to these series, and I'd love to make some pages. Just a tip though, most of the scans I have are in portuguese. I'm willing to translate them and provide context to each one but I won't edit the scans themselves. It is mostly unneeded as the feats are usually very clear but eh, who knows. In particular, it is being hard to give clear speed measurings in the universe.

In any case, anyone interested?

As I already said, I can help out with an hypothetical Bonelli verse, only problem being, I only really know Dylan Dog, still, I can help with the scans, since I can translate the eventual italian scans you find along with helping with general formatting. Having someone else would be neat.

We should rename this thread into something like "Bonelli discussion thread".

Also, copy-pasting my message from eliminator's wall:

The problem with the scans is that they don't straight up exist, since Bonelli has no market in the US whatsoever, and they didn't publish anything in the UK.
They tried to oublish Dampyr and Dylan Dog with IDW, but it failed badly.
After Italy, Brazil and east europe are the most flourishing markets for their comics, while Greece, Germany and some other countries publish something once in a while.

Things might change after the release of the movies, who knows.

OH WOW, scans of the first 248 issues of Dylan Dog, most are in italian, but some are translated, this makes my job a whole lot easier

Also, Tex's profile is really impressive, as all the work and scans behind it, you did an amazing job, given the hundreds of stories that exist.

And I don't know which side-series are published in Brazil and at what point they are with the normal issues, but I'm sure something good could be taken from the most recent ones, the yearly specials and the prequel series.

Last edited:
Yeah, the only problem with that profile is the language of the scans, everything else is pretty much perfect

Language doesn't matter at the end, if you have to translate it in english anyway.

But I wonder if the supporters and creators of all the chinese-only stuff and other language-locked media have had to translate everything, I should get more information about the rules.

BTW, I already pretty much have 2 profiles ready for Dylan Dog villains, they just need some polishing and I need to gather the scans. i also listed some of Dylan's abilities, most being a wall of text about his, like what, 5 immortalities?

the way I would personally go about it, I'd put the italian scans first and then I'd edit the page itself with the english translation, so as to have both languages available to particularly scrutinous people, given that i found the scans, I just need to find a rapid and concise program to make this basic edit

The profile should have a note or something about the fact that DD doesn't always have some powers, since it pretty much depends on the story and the author, given the loose canon.

Regarding the language issue, I asked Ant about it.

The profile should have a note or something about the fact that DD doesn't always have some powers, since it pretty much depends on the story and the author, given the loose canon.
yeah yeah I already have an idea on what to write in that regard. The immortalities stay fairly consistent tho, what's not consistent it Dylan's knowledge of them

I look forward to see the intelligence section (which is my favourite part of a profile), given DD's personality and reasoning ability.

I'm re-reading through "Return to the Twilight" to get scans and je-sus christ, this guy is absolutely impossible to kill

Just from this volume (along with the "twilight zone" one) he (Dylan) gets immortality type 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 and 9, along with At Least Low-High regen, possibly Low-Godly

On top of this he has passive Probability Manipulation that allows him to survive stuff like point-blank multi-continental meteors and possibly Passive Plot manip to keep him alive (this one is dependent on an outside character, it 100% takes place, but I'm not sure if it's applicable)

Last edited:
No, I will not have the volumes at hand before a month or a bit less, and I will have to catch up with reading and else.
And I also need to wait for calcs anyway.

Real life exists and it's hard but I love procrastination and going slow

Anyway, if it can be of any use, at least to keep track of and skim through the various issues, I'm the one who keeps updated the Bonelli comics on comicvine (only the Italian releases, though), and the system there is much better than the official site, so go there every time you may need to have a wide look.
(I also turned it into a personal, rough Dampyr wiki, even though I should reword most things and add other)

No, I will not have the volumes at hand before a month or a bit less, and I will have to catch up with reading and else.
And I also need to wait for calcs anyway.

Real life exists and it's hard but I love procrastination and going slow
I see, I see. No problem, we're in no rush

This thread gives an idea on how we should proceed, and its content will be added in the editing rules anyway.

Also, remember to put references to specific issues on the profiles, like here (it was originally established here)

So, is it good to post a link to, like Imgur with both the italian scan and right after it the same scan but with the english translation edited in?

Also, Tex's profile is really impressive, as all the work and scans behind it, you did an amazing job, given the hundreds of stories that exist.

And I don't know which side-series are published in Brazil and at what point they are with the normal issues, but I'm sure something good could be taken from the most recent ones, the yearly specials and the prequel series.
Awwe, thanks! Tex has a lot, a looot of stories published. I barely scratched the surface, I only covered the old issues of Tex Gold from 1# to 30#, and #94, but I'm still very far behind in accounting everything.

also about italian comic like Zagor and Diabolik, there is one in particular that could be a verse, the Alan Ford and the TNT band comic

Awwe, thanks! Tex has a lot, a looot of stories published. I barely scratched the surface, I only covered the old issues of Tex Gold from 1# to 30#, and #94, but I'm still very far behind in accounting everything.
I know, I know, I don't where are you in Brazil with the issues, but here in Italy we are at 723, without account all the other side-series, like specials, maxi, color etc...

also about italian comic like Zagor and Diabolik, there is one in particular that could be a verse, the Alan Ford and the TNT band comic
I love Alan Ford, but I have only few issues, and Diabolik too would be very cool.

Zagor already has a profile, but it's really bad and old.

do these comics even classify as "multi-work series"? I for one will only ever use stuff from the main series
I think the same should be done for every comic, normal books and the same, it just hasn't been applied yet.

So, is it good to post a link to, like Imgur with both the italian scan and right after it the same scan but with the english translation edited in?
DontTalk said the scans should be on a blog, with the related translation and original text, in case someone wants to copy and check it on a machine.

DontTalk said the scans should be on a blog, with the related translation and original text, in case someone wants to copy and check it on a machine.
mh that makes things a whole lot harder for me because I'm dumb and can't wrap my head around this kind of stuff, i'll do my best tho. Are translations also required for purely physical feats? Like, a scan of Dylan kicking open a door with some text that's not about him kicking the door, do I still have to make a blog or can I just link the scan in that case?

Also, can I make a single blog post for multiple scan that cover the same topic? Like, I have something like 20 scans all about the Twilight Zone, can I just make a blog called "The Twilight Zone explained" and dump everything there?

Last edited:
I think it takes less time than editing the scans, though.
You just post a link to the original scan (or put it under spoiler or such) and add both versions of the text (which you would have to translate anyway) next to it.

I didn't see the edit.
I don't think translations are required for purely visual stuff, it's self-explanatory.

I also think you can make all the blogs you want, as long as they are well constructed.

btw, what ability is it when a character knows or senses stuff that happened to other versions of himelf from another universe? What about a character who, throughout all of his incarnations in the multiverse, always has certain characteristics? Is it a form of Acausality?

I think the first is a type of extrasensory perception, while the second (without further context) is just the physiology of the character, like all Gokus are just Goku, while Rick and Morty are different beings in each universe.
Acausality is tied to being unrelated in some way to the normal flow and functioning of time.

It's just a normal ray, while the explosion is supposedly the entirety of her magic power released all at once, and it shouldn't scale to every attack.
That specific one also seems to be something done just to intimidate or hurt Dylan, since she's confident in being superior to him.
It's a bit like saying that every ki blast fired by Cell is 4-B, and I think that this specific type of thing is written somewhere, or just given as granted.

AP? I'm still doing my research, but for now he looks like a consistent Street Level guy, busts doors, kills zombies in one hit and such, abilities wise tho he's kinda crazy, look at this.
Just from this volume (along with the "twilight zone" one) he (Dylan) gets immortality type 1, 2, 3, 4, 7 and 9, along with At Least Low-High regen, possibly Low-Godly
He might also have some kind of 2-A environmental destruction/via reality warping/via probability manipulation, but I think it's too nebulous to be applied, tho I already have a "at least Low 2-C, likely 2-C, possibly 2-A" profile planned for a one-of villain

Last edited:
He also has passive Probability Manip to keep him alive and, depending on if it's applicable, Plot Manipulation too.

About the plot manip, Dylan has his own writer constantly write him into and out of problems, said writer is an in-universe character but seems to reside in sort of a superior reality. Can this be applied to Dylan's profile?

Back