• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TyranoDoom30

He/Him
I hope this is not a stomp

Sephiroth (Post-Lifestream) Vs Magolor (Post-Star Allies)
  • Sephiroth is 3-C while Magolor is 4-A (Pretty high into 4-A, borderline 3-C)
  • Speed is equalized
  • Both are in character
  • Both start away at a 8 meters distance
  • Location is Central Highway (from Mega Man X)
images

images

Votes:
The One Winged Angel: 1 (ZephyrosOmega)
Traitor Egg: 7 (Garchomp777, The Wrighty Way, Waka1979, Peptocoptr27, Coolboy6, Lord_JJJ, Ned_the_Outer_God)
Incon:

Extra:
Music

Last edited:
Magic Spheres, and can one-shot via Black Hole, landing a Dimensional Vanish or a Friend Heart.

If this is 3-C Sephiroth, he has somewhat of an AP advantage, and he outskills Magolor so hard it isn't even funny. Magolor also has no resistances, and Sephiroth can kill and hax him even in ghost form.

Voting Seph.

I argue Magolor's the one who outskills; yes his use a sword is lame, but that serves its purpose given his style to overwhelm via variety and range. The fact that he uses that to keep up with and defeat Kirbys w/ various Copy Abilities, including Sword and Fighter, Meta Knight, and the Three Mage-Sisters shows he can use it to go evenly those characters' level of skill, the latter 4 having trained presumably all their life, w/ Meta Knight doing so every day and Kirby having more experience than Sephy as far as I can see.

Magolor does resist Transmutation and Mind Manip.

Except Seph is the one that has the superior variety here, and even if Magolor resists those two things, Sephiroth utilizes way more. Death hax, Soul Hax, Time Manip, Absorption, Paralysis and Blindness inducement on every hit, Powernull, et cetera. There's also the fact that most of those spawn directly onto the opponent instead of having to actually hit them like Magolor does.

TBH Sephiroth has significantly better skill feats than anyone in Kirby, and actually against people on his level.

That and he also still has the AP advantage, so...

My vote is unchanged.

I should also note that Sephiroth isn't exactly baseline 3-C either as the pocket dimension is much larger than just the galaxy it contains.

and there's also the fact that Void (which the characters scale to) is composed of countless Jamba Hearts, who all scale to Magolor's feat

My point remains unchanged. It's unquantifiable, just "haha big". Any way you slice it, Sephiroth is still significantly stronger, has better feats of skill, and has VASTLY better hax.

My point remains unchanged. It's unquantifiable, just "haha big". Any way you slice it, Sephiroth is still significantly stronger, has better feats of skill, and has VASTLY better hax.
i was explaining the reason for Magolor's high AP, your vote still remains

and they are around the Zettafoe

Last edited:
Except Seph is the one that has the superior variety here
Variety isn't necessarily an advantage and I meant it as in part of Magolor's style as a fighter, if he faces a Kirby w/ a Copy Ability that uses projectiles but has less tools for that style than Magolor then the latter's superior variety isn't going to be a concise advantage next to other factors apported, both scaling to the same and anyone being able to win.
and even if Magolor resists those two things, Sephiroth utilizes way more. Death hax, Soul Hax, Time Manip, Absorption, Paralysis and Blindness inducement on every hit, Powernull, et cetera. There's also the fact that most of those spawn directly onto the opponent instead of having to actually hit them like Magolor does.
"Those two things" cover sub-powers of them, just saying. Soul Hax you can't say it w/o knowing if Magolor's "overtaken by negative emotions or sins", which Magolor's not anymore, forgave himself or doesn't care and legit fights using positive emotions (ignore how that makes him stronger mid-battle). "Paralysis and Blindness inducement on every hit" are only as Safer Sephy, which seems pretty impossible to come into play before Magolor may land a Friend Heart or Black Hole. Aside from that they're a number of non-hax things he can do whereas everything Magolor does is more easily countable, making closer percentage wise to claim he would use 1 hax that would work against Sephy.
TBH Sephiroth has significantly better skill feats than anyone in Kirby, and actually against people on his level.
It's cool how he at times uses real postures and attacks swordsmanship next the anime-like whatever Kirby characters and Cloud use, but what does that do and what "significantly better skill feats" does he have when Kirby fights and fighters have a few times worst, multiple times or always added: Fighters being portrayed as skillful, block, dodge or teleport away from incoming blows or projectiles, even if in elaborate patterns, repeatedly get away or close to foes to change the meta, use acrobatics for confusion or to attack, change the battlefield, look out for hazards of the environment, look out for hax that may one-shot, attacks that ignore guard, fighting games-like grabs and counters, repeatedly defeat foes of even power, win when outnumbered and when overpowered.

Magolor has fought "actually against people on his level" in the main story of Star Allies, Heroes in Another Dimension and Fighters 2, non-canon stuff adding even more to what he should be able to perform.

Do note that I'm not voting nor saying that your vote is invalid.

Variety isn't necessarily an advantage and I meant it as in part of Magolor's style as a fighter, if he faces a Kirby w/ a Copy Ability that uses projectiles but has less tools for that style than Magolor then the latter's superior variety isn't going to be a concise advantage next to other factors apported, both scaling to the same and anyone being able to win.
Variety is an advantage when Sephiroth's variety is just outright better
"Those two things" cover sub-powers of them, just saying.
Sephiroth has a metric ton of non-resisted hax without Sub-Powers.
Soul Hax you can't say it w/o knowing if Magolor's "overtaken by negative emotions or sins", which Magolor's not anymore, forgave himself or doesn't care and legit fights using positive emotions (ignore how that makes him stronger mid-battle). "Paralysis and Blindness inducement on every hit" are only as Safer Sephy, which seems pretty impossible to come into play before Magolor may land a Friend Heart or Black Hole.
Except Sephiroth regularly utilizes all of his hax in the fights with him? And no, Soul Hax isn't exclusive to that at all. Status Effects and Petrification work on spirits, and he can just outright destroy souls with his own.
Aside from that they're a number of non-hax things he can do whereas everything Magolor does is more easily countable, making closer percentage wise to claim he would use 1 hax that would work against Sephy.
Everything Magolor has can be countered by Sephiroth quite easily.
  • Dimensional Vanish: Regen
  • Black Holes: Sephiroth resists gravity and can dodge/teleport
  • Friend Hearts: Literally nothing stops him from dodging, blocking the attack via barriers, teleportation, etc.
Whereas Magolor has no counter to Sephiroth:
  • Powernulling him
  • Stopping or Slowing him in time
  • Reading his memories and mind
  • Absorbing his energy
  • Sending him immediately to his last legs with Heartless Angel
  • Just outright death haxing him
Magolor has fought "actually against people on his level" in the main story of Star Allies, Heroes in Another Dimension and Fighters 2, non-canon stuff adding even more to what he should be able to perform.
If you want to scale people to other people, Dissidia exists where he's fought all manner of opponents, including other mages with similar abilities to magalor like Kefka, Exdeath, Shantotto, et cetera, and kept up with and kept aware of the exact same things.
Do note that I'm not voting nor saying that your vote is invalid.
If you're not voting then why are you arguing for Magolor on a VS thread. At least be upfront about it and put a vote down.

And no, Soul Hax isn't exclusive to that at all. Status Effects and Petrification work on spirits, and he can just outright destroy souls with his own.
Do show how. Petrification is a form of Transmutation. Why does it matter that those 2 powers work against spirits? The last sentence is just NPI.
  • Dimensional Vanish: Regen
A win for Magolor by the time he does so, Sephy's going to get f*cked/separated and blown away by Spatial Manipulation that harms others who can resist it on interstellar scale by warping all of it into them.
  • Black Holes: Sephiroth resists gravity and can dodge/teleport
Sephy doesn't resist it on the scale Magolor has it, who can harm others with resistance to it on an interstellar scale with a black hole that, again, was warping all that into them. "Can dodge/teleport" seems like just redundancy when Magolor can make the move as fast as any other attack, or miss it intentionally or accidentally and later try to grab Sephy to throw him in it/near it.
  • Friend Hearts: Literally nothing stops him from dodging, blocking the attack via barriers, teleportation, etc.
Teleportation works. Dodging can be dangerous, canonically the thing pretty much has around itself the hitbox of Marth's grab in Melee if you know what I mean, and considering that it's spammable Magolor may be already starting to throw another when Sephy finishes to dodge, or Magolor does something else. Idk why a barrier would work against something that goes inside stuff. Potentially, there exists the chance that Sephy may not even know if the pink heart-shaped thing will be a threat in a way that slows a bit any potential defensive maneuver, he could even try to grab it to see it.
  • Reading his memories and mind
Telepathy is a form of Mind Manip, which he resist. Also that doesn't really do much.
  • Absorbing his energy
That doesn't do much.
  • Sending him immediately to his last legs with Heartless Angel
Between this, 1 attack more to kill him and Ghost form to maybe come back, it's still a disadvantage but he'll be surving for quite a while to not feel like using a Friend Heart. The first time he's on his last legs, if it's not the last, can easily make him feel like doing so, or he could warp himself out of that dimension for a while to make his regen heal him to variable results or spam teleportation.

Also isn't the Heartless Angel a literal angel descending to do that? If so then that's a terrible idea, you never have to summon anything against Friend Heart users, temporary summon or otherwise, a common thing to do against it is to just steal it as an ally and have it work against whoever summoned it with now more enemies that can use Friend Hearts each and can heal each other.
If you want to scale people to other people, Dissidia exists where he's fought all manner of opponents, including other mages with similar abilities to magalor like Kefka, Exdeath, Shantotto, et cetera, and kept up with and kept aware of the exact same things.
I didn't just "scale people to other people", I pointed out canon stuff and non-canon stuff only because it's stated, and we have annotated in a blog, that it works to show what the characters can actually do. Dissidia isn't canon in a way that we can say that Sephy has experience against those characters, heck we shouldn't even use Dissidia in the way we do but eh.
If you're not voting then why are you arguing for Magolor on a VS thread. At least be upfront about it and put a vote down.
Everything you said before I understand, this bit has a terrible logic to it. Anyone can argue advantages, disadvantages, if they believe something's correct or not in Vsthreads without being sure enough (or care enough) to give a vote. Maybe Sephy wins, I wouldn't mind it and I would have maybe contributed in clarifying some things for the thread, contributions like it can exist.

Last edited:
If Spehiroth is b
Do show how. Petrification is a form of Transmutation. Why does it matter that those 2 powers work against spirits? The last sentence is just NPI.
Break works on the ghost enemies. And status effects affecting the soul and mind are that type of manipulation, not just NPI.
A win for Magolor by the time he does so, Sephy's going to get f*cked/separated and blown away by Spatial Manipulation that harms others who can resist it on interstellar scale by warping all of it into them.
Kirby isn't surviving 4-A spatial warps whenever he resists it, just however much is touching him at once. And Sephiroth can just survive as a soul anyway, so whatever.
Sephy doesn't resist it on the scale Magolor has it, who can harm others with resistance to it on an interstellar scale with a black hole that, again, was warping all that into them. "Can dodge/teleport" seems like just redundancy when Magolor can make the move as fast as any other attack, or miss it intentionally or accidentally and later try to grab Sephy to throw him in it/near it.
Except
Teleportation works. Dodging can be dangerous, canonically the thing pretty much has around itself the hitbox of Marth's grab in Melee if you know what I mean, and considering that it's spammable Magolor may be already starting to throw another when Sephy finishes to dodge, or Magolor does something else. Idk why a barrier would work against something that goes inside stuff. Potentially, there exists the chance that Sephy may not even know if the pink heart-shaped thing will be a threat in a way that slows a bit any potential defensive maneuver, he could even try to grab it to see it.
Why would Sephiroth be that stupid.
Telepathy is a form of Mind Manip, which he resist. Also that doesn't really do much.
Telepathy is not mindhax.
That doesn't do much.

Between this, 1 attack more to kill him and Ghost form to maybe come back, it's still a disadvantage but he'll be surving for quite a while to not feel like using a Friend Heart. The first time he's on his last legs, if it's not the last, can easily make him feel like doing so, or he could warp himself out of that dimension for a while to make his regen heal him to variable results or spam teleportation.
All of Sephiroth's shit works on souls due to NPI so ghost form won't matter.
Also isn't the Heartless Angel a literal angel descending to do that? If so then that's a terrible idea, you never have to summon anything against Friend Heart users, temporary summon or otherwise, a common thing to do against it is to just steal it as an ally and have it work against whoever summoned it with now more enemies that can use Friend Hearts each and can heal each other.
It's literally just an attack animation. Not going to bother going over the dissidia shit because it relaly doesn't matter when Seph just thinks and status effects him into oblivion.

I'm not going to say any more in this thread, because i feel like we'll both just go back and forth endlessly, which is a waste of both our time.

Telepathy is a subset of mind manipulation, so it gets resisted. That's literally how we've always treated it.

Anyways, Magolor FRA.

Back