• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Senran Kagura Revisions Again

Well, here I am once more. Several months ago, I downgraded this series based on my thinking that the feat which put them at 8-B+ was only done in a game's opening sequence. However comma, I found the feat in the manga while skimming through it earlier today.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BHCGYBbZZ...qwNpS1K4BQJw-ISY991b1IBACHMYCw/s0/166-167.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-K3rcjtT0u...dNBhPEuYtveqoAXYGS29Xu0TVvJwCHMYCw/s0/168.jpg

However x2, this series is primarily a video game series, the manga is just an adaptation of the first game. So I looked through a walkthrough of the first game and lo and behold I found the feat... described through text.

https://youtu.be/UzsrM37OArM?t=1h51s

So what happens now? Do I use the manga version to calc the feat or the intro sequence's version since this series is a video game first and foremost?

Also, it is important to note that Asuka and Homura did this in what is more or less their Super Saiyan forms (their second keys) so this would likely only apply to anyone with a form like these (Yumi, Miyabi, Hikage, Ryoki) as well as the teachers (Ri and Daidouji), and Sayuri. This might also scale to everyone else's Super Secret Ninja Arts.

"What the hell are Super Secret Ninja Arts?"

I'm glad you asked. They're essentially a character's Final Smash in this series. Everyone mentioned above has theirs in the form of a Super Saiyan mode, while the rest are single attacks (like this)

TL;DR: The 8-B calc for Senran Kagura might be valid again. But the games, the primary canon, don't explicitly show the feat via cutscene except in the opening sequence. The manga also shows the feat, but the manga is not the primary canon. So which version do I calc: The one from the manga, or the one from the intro sequence?

Question

Did you change your username after the calc was evaluated? Because if so it needs a new evaluation since the comments on it are gone

As for the rest, I'm not sure about which one's better to use

Yeah I did, and I contacted FANDOM directly to see if anything could be done but no dice. That was several months ago tho

This is gonna be a lot of fun cuz no one else on this site knows anything about SK but I don't know how to judge which one I ought to use.

You can use it. It was evaluated by 2 calc group members + me in the past, and I re-accepted it

Arrogant Schmuck said:
This is gonna be a lot of fun cuz no one else on this site knows anything about SK but I don't know how to judge which one I ought to use.
I played the OG game and read Guren no Hebi so currently could be of some help

Oh if Senran Kagura gets back into 8-B+/Low end 8-A, I can do a few matches against one of my most hated characters and her verse.

Huesito88 said:
Oh if Senran Kagura gets back into 8-B+/Low end 8-A, I can do a few matches against one of my most hated characters and her verse.
They already have. Or, at least a handful of them.

Well to think about whether to use the opening or manga of Senran Kagura, we may need to question the canonity for a moment. The opening/trailer I think counts as promotional material to get people interested and start playing but yet it does foreshadow some of the events to come in the game. The manga though is more like an adaptation of the material that even though follows some of the plot points of the OG game it does tell a different story. One can think of it as the anime of DB to the manga. Although what makes the canonicity questionable is that the opening shows the fights that as to come in the future and in a way follows the story line but isn't really part of the game, the manga though implies to follow at least the beginning part of the game but altogether tells somewhat of a different story. However there are at least some scenes directly from the game that are adapt to the manga. Now I'm not wanting to dis you off Schmuck I just wish to bring some points up to think about how canon the material(s) are.

Also I think in that walkthrough there is a feat of Katsuragi pulverizing a couple of large boulders without breaking too much of a sweat.

Also I sort of think that the characters could be upgraded to hypersonic speed because in the OG game they were playing table tennis where the ball was going as fast if not faster than a bullet and it sounds similar to this feat.

Back