• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus I was going for Naoto, Celica and others being from different possibilities and that in BB there is always infinite possibilities. Hence why I feel like this being after Central Fiction for some characters could work due to the events of the series being mentioned as past events like Hazama did.

Though other characters are from early CF to somewhere in CP era due to them being plucked from there. Since this would be a Naoto who appeared in BBTAG and never came to the BB's events of CF. Plus it was stated that Naoto was flung into many different possibilities through the Boundary before he finally landed in the Embryo's version of Bascule in the 13th Hierarchical City of Kagutsuchi. So really who may say that Naoto gained that hatred to Hazama because of those "different possibilities"?

Hazama remarks as events of CF as past events and Terumi acted as completely dead, and Susano'o that was in TAG's story events was a hollow shell and was 3%.

@Shadow-Ragna you do realize Hazama in Tag clearly has terumi right? Ragna constantly refers to Hazama as terumi in Tag which Hazama himself doesn't deny one bit. Plus in CF whenever Ragna runs into him he even comments on how Terumi's not a part of him, plus in his own win quote in CF against Hazama he's trying to figure out where Terumi went, so this being Hazama after CF makes no sense.

Wait, Tag Hazama still had Terumi? I've watch all the playthrough, and I don't recall Hazama being referred to as Terumi

What part if I may ask?

@Shadow-Ragna you do realize Hazama in Tag clearly has terumi right? Ragna constantly refers to Hazama as terumi in Tag which Hazama himself doesn't deny one bit. Plus in CF whenever Ragna runs into him he even comments on how Terumi's not a part of him, plus in his own win quote in CF against Hazama he's trying to figure out where Terumi went, so this being Hazama after CF makes no sense.
Wait when? I saw through the cutscenes in EXTRA arcade mode and not once has Terumi appeared or mentioned with Hazama and he even treated Terumi in past tense.

It's in chapter 7 of the Blazblue story but Hazama was literally talking to Ragna like he was terumi given he's calling him Raggy, something not even Hazama does, and it's specifically a terumi thing.

Huh, I do recall that now that you mentioned it. Never crossed my mind, though I do recall Hazama telling Ragna "How far they go back"

Actually wait nevermind, I take what I said back, I just checked 2.0's story mode and Hazama did reference terumi as his former bodily roommate, so yeah it's just Hazama Hazama, not Terumi, though the fact Naoto of all people doesn't recognize Hazama despite his reactions in CF does make no sense if we're taking this as canon.

Plus it was stated that Naoto was flung into many different possibilities through the Boundary before he finally landed in the Embryo's version of Bascule in the 13th Hierarchical City of Kagutsuchi. So really who may say that Naoto gained that hatred to Hazama because of those "different possibilities"?

Plus this is just one of many possibilities of Naoto appearing so maybe in one of the many different possibilities he didn't arrive at the events of CF but ended up in the world of TAG?

@Shadow-Ragna Hazama/Terumi was there back in timeline given what Hazama says to him about a different timeline of him was there to torment him. Plus he doesn't really remember celica despite being with her in cross tag.

Yes as I said before Naoto in Cross Tag Battle was one of the possibilities of Naoto that didn't arrive in CF since it stated he went through a varied of different possibilities.

He went through varied of different possibilities before reaching the main timeline, that's what happened to him, which again wouldn't make sense to label Cross Tag as canon if he doesn't recognize Celica right away.

I am saying this is one of the many possibilities of Naoto so in a way it doesn't affect the CF canon. BlazBlue never has one timeline as it has infinite possibilities and it is even said would not take place in the main BlazBlue storyline, but was said to be a possibility.

I'm curious to ask, is there any source that implies that the events of Tag as a possibility? Been a while since I seen the playthrough

I'm curious to ask, is there any source that implies that the events of Tag as a possibility? Been a while since I seen the playthrough
The only thing I can think of is the Persona ending where all the other characters end up in the Persona Universe.

In this wiki it says Tag as a possibility.

Also in another one it says it involves the Phantom Field.

Also with Mori's statements that Strife shown.

@Shadow-Ragna Naoto isn't one of the many possibilities, that's not what was stated in his arcade mode, he was sent by Raquel through numerous possibilities to reach the mainline series, which wouldn't line up with anything in the story so this doesn't help its canonicity, and Mori labeled it as a what-if, which is never used to label the other stories whatsoever, slap that alongside the numerous inconsistencies with the character plus the game never being confirmed to be canon in any of the mainline series, this isn't sufficient evidence that it would be canon to Blazblue.

It seems like the opposition keep's asserting a idea of a single timeline here, whereas the supporter's are citing the existence of infinite possibilities, equating to infinite different versions of Character's... So for example, the version of Naoto we see here could be a different Naoto altogether from the one in CF. A character could be taken from a Alternate series of events that is similar to the main timeline, but not the same, and plucked into here.

Since the OP is only seeking to use this game for Lore rather than scaling, that could work, too.
I'm not trying to assert a single timeline here, i just trying to say that trying to fit TAG into anywhere within the CF canon spawn too many contradiction and problem to which are too jarring to the point that even infinite possibilities will not be able to explain it.

TAG Naoto can be a Naoto from BE, CF, BBDW or even some random possibilities that we don't know of then either CF, TAG itself or even both will contradict it by the fact that he doesn't recognize anyone in both games.

Last edited:
I always thought BB character were pulled slightly during the events of BBCF
That actually make it worse because there's going to be even more problem with it.

-Jin in CF act more calm toward his brother while TAG he still going yandere to him

- Trinity stuck with Plat instead of Jin

-Nine act nothing like her CF self like if this is middle CF Mine she will try to break or hijack this phantom field instead of settling down for honeymoon with her husband here which after what happened before there's no way they gonna do it.

- Rachel demeanor toward Naoto in most of CF should not change here in TAG if this is middle CF Rachel, she will still be hellbent on killing him.

- Speaking of Naoto, i don't think i need to say it again but yeah Naoto and the cast recognization problem

Etc, etc

The list goes on and on so no it doesn't work

It always has been a spin-off, anything that remotely has other franchises crossover with the series by default is spin-off material. At this point I'm just waiting for Strife to post something that can justify Cross Tag being canon to BB, if there lacks any evidence then it can't be used, simple as that.

That actually make it worse because there's going to be even more problem with it.

-Jin in CF act more calm toward his brother while TAG he still going yandere to him

- Trinity stuck with Plat instead of Jin

-Nine act nothing like her CF self like if this is middle CF Mine she will try to break or hijack this phantom field instead of settling down for honeymoon with her husband here which after what happened before there's no way they gonna do it.

- Rachel demeanor toward Naoto in most of CF should not change here in TAG if this is middle CF Rachel, she will still be hellbent on killing him.

- Speaking of Naoto, i don't think i need to say it again but yeah Naoto and the cast recognization problem

Etc, etc

The list goes on and on so no it doesn't work
Jin in the story mode didn't yandere to Ragna in Cross Tag only the interactions in gameplay since the time they interacted in the BlazBlue part of the first TAG story and Jin just greeted his brother and then acted pretty chill with him afterwards.

In Persona, Under Night In-Birth and RWBY episodes Jin and Ragna didn't interact with each other.

Also in the EXTRA Arcade story didn't have Jin and Ragna really interacting much given Ragna throughout that episode is missing until he appeared to help Naoto against 3% Susano'o.

The other things I did mention them a lot since it seems that these BlazBlue characters are a patchwork of CP and CF versions of the characters.

Well from what I seen is that the BlazBlue ending with Hazama getting the gem was canon as it led to 2.0 story (EXTRA arcade story Mode).
Im gonna start making profiles soon, how do we treat storylines canon-wise? Which storyline is considered the main canon one? And are Astral Finishers canon or nah?
And that means this one:

Since BlazBlue has three endings depending on the situation.

One where Ragna leaves the sleeping Noel on the floor, and the one where Ragna just interacts with Rachel after everything. Where the Hazama one does lead up to where he interacts with the System in Cross Tag since he has the gem in his possession.

Well from what I seen is that the BlazBlue ending with Hazama getting the gem was canon as it led to 2.0 story (EXTRA arcade story Mode).

And that means this one:

Since BlazBlue has three endings depending on the situation.

One where Ragna leaves the sleeping Noel on the floor, and the one where Ragna just interacts with Rachel after everything. Where the Hazama one does lead up to where he interacts with the System in Cross Tag since he has the gem in his possession.

Gotcha

What about the Astral Finishers thing?

I think Astrals are canon in the sense that the characters are like capable of doing the attack.

@CurrySenpai Not fully, thanks to the fighting game revisions a while ago we don't use finishers to scale characters to anymore unless we have evidence that they're canonically used in the story.

@CurrySenpai Not fully, thanks to the fighting game revisions a while ago we don't use finishers to scale characters to anymore unless we have evidence that they're canonically used in the story.
Ahhhh okay okay. Does that apply to UNI? Cause the attacks we use to scale in UNI aren't instant kill finishers, just super supers. Also do you have a link to the thread.

@CurrySenpai it was a while ago back when we had forums on FANDOM so idk if it’s saved. For UNIB I doubt it can be used because with BBTAG they treat it as finishers as opposed to UNIB which is just a normal super move characters can use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back