• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sealing Away Naruto's 5-B in a Chibaku Tensei

Status
Not open for further replies.
neutral on the possibly L5B for CT, since there really isn't anything that would definitively put Alive Hags (Pre Juubi Jin) above Ghost Hags and the narrative of Naruto and Sasuke using the entirety of Hag's chakra to pull this off holds as much weight if not more than a calc for Nard and Sauces specific instance at least imo (it's not like we expect Kishi and the animators to draw the two CTs exactly comparatively proportionate in size and speed to how much chakra they took in the series.)

tbh, I can see why the possibly makes some sense, but without it, I would choose the solid L5B end personally unless there was some proof Ghost Hags was weaker than he was in the past.
Okay, so my issue with it is two-fold.

The first thing, at least from my pov, is just that we saw the feat in action and we have quantified it in the form of a calc. Now, fan calcs are not objective or anything, but at the same time, we're out here using them anyway so it's not like we have an issue with using calcs to quantify feats. Additionally, the reason that Hags and Hams' calc is as high as it is, at least as I understand it, is due to the KE of one (or both of them) pushing the moon into orbit. This is something that Naruto and Sasuke have not shown the capacity for, and more importantly haven't really done at all. Unlike Hagoromo, for example, who's shown to have some of the best TK in the verse with his ability to send meteors deeps into space and other ludicrous stuff like that.
Also, there technically is no real concrete indication that this SPCT is as powerful as the original. As in, there are no direct statements of that being the case. So it's not like the calc is contradicted by solid lore reasons, such as a direct statement.

The second thing is Hagoromo. You're right, there's nothing that says he got weaker. But there's nothing that says he's as strong as he once was either. What we do have is various in-verse examples of people growing very old, and in every case that I can personally think of, they declined with their advanced age. I'm mentioning this because we know Hagoromo removed the Bijuu from inside him and allowed himself to die of old age. The prime examples that come to mind are Hiruzen, Chiyo, Onoki, and more. And, I mean, it makes sense. People don't normally get stronger as they reach super advanced ages. Now, yes, Hagoromo is a chakra ghost in Part II, but we also saw through Hiruzen that people just sort of the same as when they died, as he was not revived in his prime. Same goes for Hagoromo since we saw that he's clearly old as hell.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should objectively treat Hags as weaker, but there's no logical reason for him to be as strong objectively speaking imo. So I don't feel that using his prime SPCT to scale to his old self's SPCT is the most solid thing, especially with my previous contentions in mind at least.
also

Planet level with Expansive Truth-Seeking Ball [Insert calc][Statistics Values 2]

wouldn't this be inaccurate? Since the calc isn't of ETSO in its entirety, but how much chakra Kaguya should be putting into it per second. if Arc doesn't continue to argue it should scale to normal ninjutsu then wouldn't ETSO look something like?
No, I'm aware of that. My point is that not all Ninjutsu draw out the same level of power from someone. Some Jutsu are just inherently more powerful than others no matter what. There's many examples, but the first one that came to mind is like how Mangekyo Sharingan Jutsu both take far more chakra and are far more powerful than regular Sharingan Jutsu by default. The argument you guys made would've worked a lot better back when chakra was a straight up UES, and things were a bit more loose, but now we're a lot more restricted in these regards. Not all Jutsu are created equally.
Also, I'm not even sure there's any real proof that Kaguya is, like, constantly pumping chakra into the ETSB the entire time. Similar to Chibaku Tensei, I feel like it's a technique that the user pumps out, and then it just continuously does its thing on its own. 'Cause, like, there's no way Kaguya will continuously put chakra into something for 15 years kek. But I digress.
at least Planet level, likely Star level over time with Expansive Truth-Seeking Ball,
I'm fine with that, but hold on a second. Wasn't the Star level thing removed originally because the ETSB is EE hax or something? I'm not sure what the argument was cause I think was on a break from the wiki then. It does sound kinda mid as an argument though, so whatever.
But yeah my point is that I'm cool with giving the ETSB an "At least 5-B, up to 4-C" type of treatment, as long as it's valid to do so.
Honestly, I think I'll just do it later so the calc can get the attention it deserves.
Yeah, no, that's fair. I only suggested it because I thought the calc's been accepted for a long time.
I can add it if other people deem it necessary, since it isn't where his primary scaling comes from I didn't add it to avoid over cluttering.
No, that's fair. It's not "necessary" per se. It's more about fleshing out the scaling between people, so folks reading the profiles don't feel like Naruto and Sasuke are relative or whatever. It's a pretty common debate in the fandom, so I thought it worth briefly addressing in their justifications. But I'm fine with it either way.
Idrc either personally, I know a handful of people brought that up, the logic imo makes sense, but if majority don't want it that's cool.
Yeah, that's cool.

Regardless, prior to Kurama's death, the 9 Bijuu exist in the world, meaning Sasuke technically has access to the form even if it's not in character. It is an undeniable fact that pre-Kurama death, Sasuke could grab the 9 Bijuu and enter the form (Naruto willing). This being out of character in verse is not justification to not index it, in fact we have a section on the profile to handle this, it's called weaknesses.
I'm still not convinced.
It's not as simple as any regular old OOC move. It's outright something that's not usable in any real combat situation. The Bijuu are not standard equipment for Sasuke, he can't pull them out of a hat whenever he wants. In the midst of a fight, Sasuke cannot just go around the world and hunt the Bijuu down. You run into a lot of random assumptions in this scenario such as Sasuke not knowing the Bijuu's individual current whereabouts. Like, for this to work, you'd deadass have to assume that he would conduct an Akatsuki like manhunt for the Bijuu, capture them, and absorb their chakra; all mid fight.
If your rebuke to what I just said is simply "Well, the OP in a VS thread can just specify that this hypothetical bloodlusted OOC Sasuke had already captured the Bijuu prior to the battle", then frankly, I don't see why that sort of scenario can't be done without it being indexed. OPs can literally make up whatever scenarios they want. I've seen some ridiculous shit being done in OPs before. I've seen people literally give characters entirely different physiologies for battles to work. This hypothetical, OOC, and implausible scenario not being indexed won't stop or hinder people from making their own random VS thread scenarios if they so choose.
What it will do, however, is not present this on the profile as something that Sasuke has access to. No matter how much you flesh out the weakness section with how implausible this scenario is, the average reader who doesn't even get to stuff like the weakness section and mostly goes over abilities, tiers, AP, and speed will gloss over this and be misled into thinking this is a viable, regular move of Sasuke's when it isn't.
I just don't see the value in indexing this, at all. To me it's the equivalent of indexing Adult Gaara possibly becoming Shukaku's Jinchuriki again. Sure, it's definitely possible for him, but that in and of itself does not offer any intrinsic value in indexing it IMO since it's nothing more than a fanfic scenario. It's plausible in-verse and has a precedent even, but it's just not something that's ever going to happen as far as we know.
Tbh, I kinda agree with Damage in the sense that we likely won't see eye to eye on this. So instead of going in circles, it'd probably be better to ask other staff for their opinions. I honestly don't have much more to say on this, anyhow.
Furthermore, PS being acknowledged as his "peak" is contextualized by 1) his individual peak cuz MA > PS and 2) because he wouldn't steal Kurama in character.
I'm aware of this, which is why I said:
Naruto and Sasuke's individual full power is low-key acknowledged to be the PS and KM
Surviving hits that deal significant damage isn't a durability feat, it's endurance. Madara does not scale to attacks that wreck his ****. I can add the Rasengan Chidori stuff tho for sure.
No, I understand that.
Okay, so to better explain what I mean, here's how I look at it. So with both the Lava RS and Guy examples I brought up, we have other instances of the attacks doing serious damage to people. Here are a couple of instances for the RS. And here's what happens when someone ain't tanky enough to take Guy's hits.
Yes, in at least two of those instances, the attack and/or its user were simply a lot stronger than the poor lad receiving it, but that's exactly the point I'm trying to make. The fact that an injured, weaker Madara survived a point blank RS with nothing more than a gash in his torso implies to me that his durability isn't horribly far off of the RS's output. This is especially true for the stronger, more fresh versions of Madara we get later on. I also feel like Lava Release's heat should be taken into consideration, as it's not unlikely to have also contributed to the damage Madara received. Similar arguments could be made with the Sekizo thing. Guy even comments on its not being enough, but tbh I can definitely see this being a combination of endurance and durability, since the guy's spitting out blood. But I do find it interesting that he took less damage from Sekizo than his TSO, which is something we saw with other TSO users such as Obito and Toneri.

Anyway, I'm not too pressed about this, it doesn't actually matter all that much.
Also, you didn't give your opinion on the Light Fang thing, unless I missed it.
I'm go with Net's suggestion. Since over time the ETSO is accepted to reach Star level.
I'm okay with that, if there are no issues with it, cause I heard the 4-C rating was removed but I never bothered to check why tbh.

Well Net said in vc you’re fine with the Kaguya stuff and I don’t care enough to read all that text so I’ll just concede cuz I’m lazy, someone else can do the Bible wars if they want 😭

Well Net said in vc you’re fine with the Kaguya stuff and I don’t care enough to read all that text so I’ll just concede cuz I’m lazy, someone else can do the Bible wars if they want 😭
Cool.
But I just wanna say that I'm fine with it as long as the reason the 4-C rating was originally removed is no longer an issue. I'm only speaking in vague terms because I don't actually know what that reason was, not fully at least, since I wasn't around.

Rn it’s accepted etso can create a star realm (4-C) and it’s accepted that the maximum time frame is ~time from Shippuden to Boruto, so it’s got a rating and time frame. Unless people disagree with either of those it should be good.

This isn't really a disagreement, it's more of an inquiry. Are you not planning on using base Naruto's High 6-A feat for scaling? I'm fine with handling it later if that's more convenient for you, just curious is all. Although, I do think implementing it would be pretty simple.
What High 6-A feat?

Excellent work Arc.

I guess we're no longer using that Naruto is at half power during the Momoshiki arc, since that comes from the anime.

-Hamura's Tenseigan might refer to the big ball in the moon.
Yeah that's fine, doesn't contradict anything

-Black Zetsu doesn't scale to Black Zetsu Obito
Idrc about Zetsu scaling but that's what's accepted on his profile so i literally copy pasted it

-I disagree with 6-C Sakura, but fair enough for now.
Real, Sakura is gonna get an upgrade with the Last base Naruto upgrade thread coming after this, so dont fret

-Shin shouldn't scale that low. He pierced a Chakra cloak from Kurama twice, and through Naruto as well.
He can prolly scale to Sakura, which will prolly be handled when that the Last base Naruto upgrade thread drops

Question: Why is Base Koji's AP scaled to 1/10th Base Jigen instead of 1/10th Karma V2 Jigen? AFAIK Jigen used Karma V2 in that fight.

Last edited:
Someone brought to my attention that since naruto was separated from kurama in his fight with toneri he should scale 2x at full power. Does this make sense?
Just because a portion of his chakra is separated from him doesn't necessarily mean the AP of his jutsu is halved. It's not like shinobi are putting all of their chakra into every single attack.

Just because a portion of his chakra is separated from him doesn't necessarily mean the AP of his jutsu is halved. It's not like shinobi are putting all of their chakra into every single attack.
This is not a portion of his chakra. This is kurama. Kurama has Comparable ap to him so together their power should be doubled.

I don’t think we can make a claim on how much the Kurama clone’s power took away from Naruto, hence why I’m not gonna bother using that

I don’t think we can make a claim on how much the Kurama clone’s power took away from Naruto, hence why I’m not gonna bother using that
From the description in the novel it doesn't seem like a shadow clone tbh and we never saw him do the hand sign.

From the description in the novel it doesn't seem like a shadow clone tbh and we never saw him do the hand sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back