• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sanji vs Trafalgar Law

Red-Eyed Specter said:
Not sure why it's limited, but the flames bypass ski and burn the insides of the opponent.
That doesn't really make a lot of sense but w.e I guess.

Huh? Zoro has a absurd Busoshoku but has a completely trash Kenbunshoku. Sanji himself is FAR better in Kenbun than Busou, this isn't a argument because efficiency in one does not interfere with the other.

It is still something that Sanji wasn't looking and predict, it's precog and that is my point.

Oda said who is the most skill in one type of haki inside the crew. And still as a Proeficient Sanji should be able to do all that I said before due wikia terms.

They are superhumans and Sanji is one too. Base Sanji is comparable to his brothers without Raid-Suit that means that they get these speed feats because of it. Use something for more time don't make it more faster, Sanji Stealth Black is the same Raid Suit then his brothers have in terms of gadgets and weapons.

His dura negation comes from Diable Jambe, internal heat attack.

KingOFG said:
Huh? Zoro has a absurd Busoshoku but has a completely trash Kenbunshoku. Sanji himself is FAR better in Kenbun than Busou, this isn't a argument because efficiency in one does not interfere with the other.
It is still something that Sanji wasn't looking and predict, it's precog and that is my point.

Oda said who is the most skill in one type of haki inside the crew. And still as a Proeficient Sanji should be able to do all that I said before due wikia terms.

They are superhumans and Sanji is one too. Base Sanji is comparable to his brothers without Raid-Suit that means that they get these speed feats because of it. Use something for more time don't make it more faster, Sanji Stealth Black is the same Raid Suit then his brothers have in terms of gadgets and weapons.

His dura negation comes from Diable Jambe, internal heat attack.
Oda stated Zoro is more proficient in using CoA so no wonder, no such statement exists for Law.

No it's just good CoO sensing, he could sense the attack without looking, that doesn't mean he saw it in the future...

Did you even read the SBS you linked? Oda never said that. And no, Oda was just telling us what Haki they are best at, what this tells us for Sanji is that his CoO is better than his CoA, to what extent is unknown and it's impossible to say without using feats.

The thing is though, his brothers never do any impressive speed feats that they couldn't do without the Raid Suit, Niji was already fast enough to get behind Sanji without him noticing and Niji wasn't wearing the suit.

Can you show me a manga panel of Sanji's Diable Jambe ignoring durability? Being heat based doesn't make it able to target internal organs without affecting the exterior.

Red-Eyed Specter said:
Jabara stated that DJ burnt him to the bone and his insides iirc, but don't quote me. It's been a hot minute since I last read that arc.
Yep he did say that, minus the insides part. That isn't Durability Negation though, it just means he burned through the layer of skin infront of his ribs (I say ribs because that's what I think he's referring to). Durability Negation would be bypassing the skin, muscle and bones and specifically targeting the internal organs, or in some cases, just causing damage to somebody who has Durability massively higher than your AP.
D5f2c4577330532e64da55f11e52fe87

Also, didn't Sanji use Diable Jambe against Luffy? I'd imagine those kicks to the head would have fried Luffy's brain if it ignored durability.

Eminiteable said:
Sanji was able to burn through Jabra's Tekkai.
So Tekkai doesn't protect from heat? And how do we know the kick didn't break through the Tekkai?

Zoro was unable to detect Pica inside his stones. His Kenbunshoku is terrible comparable to Busoshoku.

He have intentions of the future I never said that he could see into the future. Wikia says that Proeficient user can do everything minus FS. Sanji already have these feats.

So you are telling me that Reiju could fight against a YC without the suit? Niji attack Sanj from behind, this isn't a speed feat, lol.

Diable Jambe is dura negation, he hit the bone, inside the body. There's no need to hit only his organs.

KingOFG said:
Zoro was unable to detect Pica inside his stones. His Kenbunshoku is terrible comparable to Busoshoku.
He have intentions of the future I never said that he could see into the future. Wikia says that Proeficient user can do everything minus FS. Sanji already have these feats.

So you are telling me that Reiju could fight against a YC without the suit? Niji attack Sanj from behind, this isn't a speed feat, lol.
As I said though, Zoro has specifically been said to specialize in CoA, Law has no such statement so it's not really fair to assume his CoA is massively above his CoO.

So you acknowledge that Sanji can't see the future, so again, his CoO is only going to be a slight help here, about as much as Law's CoA advantage if we don't wank them both.

Niji appeared behind Sanji without him noticing, that is a speed feat, you don't get to take one and disregard the other just because you don't want to accept it.

KingOFG said:
Diable Jambe is dura negation, he hit the bone, inside the body. There's no need to hit only his organs.
There's really not that much skin in-front of the ribs, he clearly burned through that thin layer, that isn't durability negation. I now know why it's called Limited, and even that is being generous, it shouldn't be considered durability negation at all.

He bypassed the skin to reach the bone and then burnes it. If you don't think that this is dura negation, go make a CRT.

Ryuga21 said:
He bypassed the skin to reach the bone and then burnes it. If you don't think that this is dura negation, go make a CRT.
It's referred to as Limited on his profile, and it's extremely limited. By the logic you're using, any heat based attack can be considered durability negation. I don't need to make a CRT, I'm only interested in this thread and Limited durability negation isn't doing anything. If it bypassed the skin Jabra wouldn't be rubbing the wound trying to cool it down.

Purgy said:
Ryuga21 said:
It's referred to as Limited on his profile, and it's extremely limited. By the logic you're using, any heat based attack can be considered durability negation. I don't need to make a CRT, I'm only interested in this thread and Limited durability negation isn't doing anything. If it bypassed the skin Jabra wouldn't be rubbing the wound trying to cool it down.
But the attack burns both inside and out... Just as it burned Jabura's bone, it would serve to burn inside Law's CoA. Also, I already say that Sanji can just boost his AP, CoA isn't indestructible and it not will make you unable to get hurt.

Ryuga21 said:
Purgy said:
Ryuga21 said:
But the attack burns both inside and out... Just as it burned Jabura's bone, it would serve to burn inside Law's CoA. Also, I already say that Sanji can just boost his AP, CoA isn't indestructible and it not will make you unable to get hurt.
If the heat can't burn CoA it can't burn the skin and it can't burn his internal organs. Armament Haki has been shown to give Heat resistance, Shanks sword demonstrated this against Akainu as did Whitebeards bisento iirc, we've already agreed Law's CoA is above Sanji's so therefore Sanji isn't burning his CoA or through it. And again, there's the minor problem of Sanji kicking Luffy in the head with Diable Jambe and Luffy's brain was fine, it clearly does not negate durability sufficiently enough to greatly harm internal organs.

Nope. CoA ignores logia intangibility and you is really comparating Law with ******* Whitebeard and Shanks? Sanji can boost AP, more than Law, he already have CoA too (A little weaker, I know) so what's matter?

Sanji is faster than Law, his Amputate isn't a thing due precog + speed + invisibility and Sanji is even more skilled than Law in CQC.

Ryuga21 said:
Nope. CoA ignores logia intangibility and you is really comparating Law with ******* Whitebeard and Shanks? Sanji can boost AP, more than Law, he already have CoA too (A little weaker, I know) so what's matter?
Sanji is faster than Law, his Amputate isn't a thing due precog + speed + invisibility and Sanji is even more skilled than Law in CQC.
Yep, CoA has been demonstrated as giving heat resistance, from Luffy using Red Hawk to Whitebeard and Shanks vs Akainu.

Law's CoA doesn't need to compare to Whitebeard or Shanks, as far as we're currently aware, Advanced CoA doesn't give heat resistance, so logically it must be CoA in general that does.

His CoA is significantly weaker than Law's, you said Law's CoO is much worse than Sanji's so in the same light Law's CoA stomps Sanji's.

No calc/multiplier means they're the same speed, if Doffy was forced to block strikes from Law instead of evading, Sanji will have to aswell and Doffy is above Sanji.

Sanji is more skilled in using his legs in the same way Law is more skilled in using his sword, that's it, having a sword is more an advantage here aswell since Sanji's CoA isn't sufficient enough to block Law's strikes.

Whitebeard and Shanks > Law (On a tremendous scale). There is no discussion about it.

Sanji has feats of CoA, while Law doesn't have for CoO. You are so dishonest it makes me sick. No, they not have the same speed, base Sanji is already comparable to Law's speed with Raid-Suit boost is a consensus that he was much faster than before. Doffy choosing to block does not mean he was unable to deflect since he was fodderizing Law. Sanji is still far skilled than Law in CQC, in fact Law lacks skill feats with his sword.

Ryuga21 said:
Whitebeard and Shanks > Law (On a tremendous scale). There is no discussion about it.
Sanji has feats of CoA, while Law doesn't have for CoO. You are so dishonest it makes me sick. No, they not have the same speed, base Sanji is already comparable to Law's speed with Raid-Suit boost is a consensus that he was much faster than before. Doffy choosing to block does not mean he was unable to deflect since he was fodderizing Law. Sanji is still far skilled than Law in CQC, in fact Law lacks skill feats with his sword.
Cool, now show me something saying Whitebeard and Shanks having more potent CoA ='s them exclusively having Heat Resistance with their CoA, again, Heat Resistance isn't just an ability you gain after learning Advanced CoA.

You made this thread with already having Sanji winning in mind and you call me dishonest? Come on now.

Raid Suit gives an unknown amp to speed, since again, Niji was able to do the same feats without the Raid Suit that he was with it (Speed wise), I mean it's pretty ridiculous to assume an outfit increases their Reaction/Combat speed, it's not magical.

Law was also able to actually land a damaging hit on Doffy, even if it was insignificant, a far cry from what Sanji ever achieved.

Skill doesn't really matter when Sanji isn't able to block any of Law's attacks without losing a limb, he goes to block Law's sword with his leg and now finds his leg has been cut in two. Sanji was fodderized harder than Law was by Doffy, his CoO did absolutely nothing to avoid Doffy's attacks.

On the topic of Doffy vs Sanji, Doffy blocked Sanji's Diable Jambe with his coat and he also blocked it with his leg completely uninjured... Very convincing argument for it ignoring durability and if we assume Doffy used CoA on his coat, it's further proof it provides Heat Resistance.

base sanji vs law

law wins

stealth black vs law

sanji win by the superior coo + superior speed + superior attacking power

Okay, i'm just going to ignore the entire wall of arguments above me. Consists mostly of irrelevant arguments based on other characters that have nothing to do with these specific characters. Hint, hint guys: just because Character A did better vs Character C than Character B did does not mean A > B.

Sanji's Observation and Invisibility are not abilities that are necessarily going to give him a distinct edge over Law, but in regards to Law, his DF ability and ability to take hits from Sanji (ignoring Diable Jambe for now) are more likely to guarantee him victory via a potential one-hit if landed.

If Sanji is constantly being warped around via Shambles, he's going to get either annoyed, or shocked. Therefore his Observation Haki will dwindle due to his composure shaking.

Law got up from having his arm cut off and this was after being shot multiple times. I doubt a Diable Jambe kick is going to defeat Law so easily. It would take a while, and Sanji in-character will not be using such attacks in large quantities--even against opponents that give him a rough time.

Sanji's Armament isn't a factor if other Armament users failed completely to even mitigate Law's power (sole exception being Doflamingo thus far).

So what's more believable: Law going down after taking a beating without landing a blow on Sanji period (despite having superior range and self/other teleportation--AND comparable speed to Sanji in the first place), or Law managing to withstand the onslaught long enough to either incap Sanji with one hit, or outright KO him with a few of his own attacks?

My vote is on Law, though it is potentially high-diff vs Stealth Black Sanji.

@Cin

Comparable speed? You are telling me that Law have comparable speed with a Raid-Suit user? Lol, haha.

Eminiteable said:
Why wasn't my vote counted?
Because you say just "Law cuts" when Sanji have ways of prevent that.

@Purgy

Sani vs Doffy has nothing to do with this discussion, that was also the base Sanji while here is Stealth Black. Haki doesn't make you resistant to heat, don't try to use a ability that doesn't count on the page without make an CRT (Still, Whitebeard Haki > Law's Haki). I didn't create this match thinking about Sanji's victory, in fact I did it in order to defend him, since there are dishonest people like you who only analyze a single character. I'm tired of spending the whole night answering you, it's the last time.

KingOFG said:
@Cin

Comparable speed? You are telling me that Law have comparable speed with a Raid-Suit user? Lol, haha.
You are going to tell me 1) Sanji is faster than teleportation, and 2) Sanji is outright faster than LAW when he has inferior feats?.

Law has kept up with Doflamingo consistently and has been capable of reacting in perfect time with Gear 2nd Luffy (not to mention he could activate his power faster than it took Luffy and Kid to reach an enemy ship, and waited for them).

Sanji... ... ... He was outsped by Doflamingo, only dodged one attack from Katakuri that was from a distance (and considering he has Haki, i am going to have to take this feat into question), and in his Raid suit, there's no evidence indicating he has become fast enough to compare to any of the previously mentioned characters.

So in terms of speed, Stealth Black is > his base self, which has inferior speed feats to the likes of Doflamingo and Luffy. The only case where it can be argued is against Vergo, but Law vs Vergo AFTER the former retrieved his heart has no real example to suggest either Law or Sanji have superior speed to one another. the absolute best that can be argued is that Sanji in Stealth Black is either inferior or equal to Law in speed.

Ryuga21 said:
Eminiteable said:
Why wasn't my vote counted?
Because you say just "Law cuts" when Sanji have ways of prevent that.
@Purgy

Sani vs Doffy has nothing to do with this discussion, that was also the base Sanji while here is Stealth Black. Haki doesn't make you resistant to heat, don't try to use a ability that doesn't count on the page without make an CRT (Still, Whitebeard Haki > Law's Haki). I didn't create this match thinking about Sanji's victory, in fact I did it in order to defend him, since there are dishonest people like you who only analyze a single character. I'm tired of spending the whole night answering you, it's the last time.
It has everything to do with this discussion, you're just saying it doesn't because you don't want to accept his terrible showings against Doffy. You have two choices, either accept that Diable Jambe doesn't ignore durability, or that CoA gives heat resistance, Doffy blocked Diable Jambe with his Coat and with his Leg, both of which recieved no damage whatsoever, keep trying to ignore this fact and I'll just keep stating it. You clearly did make this with Sanji winning, you're the dishonest one, completely biased in Sanji's favor.

"the absolute best that can be argued is that Sanji in Stealth Black is either inferior or equal to Law in speed." literally this. Stealth Black gives a completely unknown speed amp, even calling him equal in speed to Law is generous, given his showing against Doflamingo.

Yeah, Law definitely cuts and Busoshoku does indeed grant resistance to temperatures. A lot of Haki users have already proven this, Shanks and Whitebeard obviously have much better Haki than other characters but heat resistance is something that scales to most levels of Haki.

i don't think Haki specifically "grants resistance" to heat/cold based attacks, but it can be treated as an extra layer of protection, and the only way to break through it is if the attack used is strong enough to break through, but it will protect Law from Diable Jambe (Or against Law, Sanji's Haki is too weak to negate his reality warping powers, so he'll be Vergo'd at some point).

CinCameron20 said:
i don't think Haki specifically "grants resistance" to heat/cold based attacks, but it can be treated as an extra layer of protection, and the only way to break through it is if the attack used is strong enough to break through, but it will protect Law from Diable Jambe (Or against Law, Sanji's Haki is too weak to negate his reality warping powers, so he'll be Vergo'd at some point).
Then you have to agree Diable Jambe doesn't ignore durability, as I said there are only really two choices, CoA either gives heat resistance or Diable Jambe doesn't ignore durability.

@CinCameron20

1) Law needs an object to use telportation. 2) Base Sanji is slower than Law but with Raid-Suit not even Franky could see his movements. He should be as faster than Reiju, the same who could blitz a Yonko Commander and dodge an attack from Big Mom. Law was completely trashed by Doffy, he only could hit him with Luffy's help.

Page One should be as fast as Basil that he is superior to him inside Beast Pirates. Sanji easily blitzed him.

This shouldn't even be discussed. Sanji would approach Law at the start of the battle from this distance. DJ increases the atck speed and with the skill and experience that Sanji has it would be easy-win. Unfortunately, the dumb fandom likes to underestimate Sanji tremendously and praise other characters.

Back