• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sanji vs Trafalgar Law

"Dumb fandom", insulting people isn't the way to convince people. I think you're forgetting that Law did significantly better against Doffy than Sanji did, so any speed feat Sanji scales to in his base, both Doffy and Law should scale above. There is zero indication he got stronger between the Dressrosa Arc and the WCI Arc iirc.

Doflamingo had an advantage over Sanji. It was an areial battle in which Sanji was limited in approach to attack. Doflamingo himself implies his experience in aerial battles when he was challenged by Luffy in the air.

The scenario interferes here. Sanji has no experience in aerial battles and Doflamingo had a greater advantage due to range.

On the other hand, Doflamingo tried his best to get close to Law, as he knew that this was the best way to take advantage of him. Smoker also did the same thing and lost only because his CoO was not the best.

KingOFG said:
Doflamingo had an advantage over Sanji. It was an areial battle in which Sanji was limited in approach to attack. Doflamingo himself implies his experience in aerial battles when he was challenged by Luffy in the air.
The scenario interferes here. Sanji has no experience in aerial battles and Doflamingo had a greater advantage due to range.
How was Sanji limited in approach? He's actually more capable in the air than Doffy is, Doffy flies by attaching strings to clouds, Sanji essentially walks on air.

How does Doffy having ranged attacks even matter when he was fighting Sanji CQC? You're acting like he flew away from Sanji and started spamming long ranged attacks. And you're clearly not understanding that Sanji was completely helpless, not only was his CoO completely irrelevant, but he didn't avoid a single attack by Doffy and the fight lasted like a minute at most. By all accounts, he was ridiculed, more so than Law was.

This isn't me "Underestimating Sanji tremendously", this is what actually happened. Also want to add, this was Sanji who was trying to protect his Nakama, and he was still fodderized.

KingOFG said:
Dude, you seriously need to reread the manga and just think a little before talking shit.
You need to grow up and stop crying when people don't agree with you. I've made my arguments in this thread and you've made yours, people can choose to vote for whoever they want, I'm done here.

@King - If you are just going to act like a total tool, then go somewhere else. You're wrong in literally every instance anyways.

You are just wanking Sanji beyond belief. The only one here lacking intellect would be you.

1) Law can literally use pebbles or grain to transport. We see him use a small rock he tossed to get behind Doflamingo. This would be the same when engaging or backing away from Sanji.

2) Page One has 0 reason to scale to anyone in speed, and in fact, the only hits Sanji landed were when Page One simply didn't know his location. This is for all 3 hits we see.

• Why is he faster than Reiju? And Reiju scales to people who scale above Base Sanji anyways. Your reasoning makes 0 sense.
  • What's Franky got to do with this? He's scaled far slower than the rest.
3) Actually, Sanji had advantages against Doflamingo. Sanji had a preemptive strike opportunity thanks to Doflamingo being focused on the Sunny--but failed. Doflamingo easily beat him back, then turned his back on him. Sanji again had a free opportunity to attack--and guess what... he failed again and was easily disposed of if not for Law jumping in to rescue him. Also, Sanji's flight is technically superior to Doflamingo's. Sanji flies by kicking off the air, and Doflamingo requires attaching his foot-hold (or himself) to the clouds in order to fly. Therefore it's basically a balancing act vs someone who can leap into the air. Doflamingo is simply the superior combatant in every possible way.

• "Sanji having no experience fighting in the air" clearly shows your lack of understanding the story, as we see Sanji engage opponents in the air multiple times, and he has had 2 years to train this ability anyways.
4) Actually, Law was the one trying to get close to Doflamingo. Law attempted to remove his head or heart w/ Mes (in more than one fight). And let me educate you on the abilities he used such as Gamma Knife upon other abilities like Injection shot or Counter Shock. All listed abilities are close range. Doflamingo very clearly kept himself out of Law's range (except the one time he got heated from learning Law to be a D, which interfered with his mental state, allowing him to approach Law's range for Injection Shot). The fact that you suggest the contrary is hilarious, to say the least.

• Again, this shows your incredibly baffling lack of reading comprehension on top of your lack in understanding how these characters have engaged eachother in the manga.
If anything, in both melee and range, Law has a severe advantage over Sanji due to his dura negation being flexible in this sense. He can use Counter Shock and Injection AND Radio Knife in melee, and in ranged, he can simply amputate.

All of KingOFG's arguments are moot thanks to my explanation above, as he's blatantly lying, making shit up (like SB Sanji being > Reiju in speed, blitzing Page One despite this never happening, and Sanji being "inexperienced" in aerial combat), and he clearly misunderstands the stats displayed on the profiles.

I suggest removing his vote all together. It's purely biased and contradicts what is on the profiles and in the canon material.

Law should take this. Sanji is physically stronger, but Law using Buso was able to tank Doffy's named cutting attacks with no problem. Sanji would have the speed advantage, but within Law's room, unless you're fast enough that he literally can't perceive you, he can still fight and react. Case in point, with Doffy. Law has versatility on his side and only needs 1 hit to win while Sanji would need quite a bit. Still, I think due to Sanji's mobility, speed, and observation haki, it'll be a much more difficult fight for Law than say someone like Zoro who isn't as mobile and agile

Back