• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sanguinius vs Thanos (Marvel Comics)

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Using a guy that's not named GEoM, Kharn, or anyone else just as overused as them (blame the wiki commute here) against a probably okay guy to use from a known Comics series verse.

Translation: Sanguinius of the Primarchs takes Thanos from Marvel Comics. Thanos is at Base meaning he has NO IG OR COSMIC CUBE. Just normal base powers.

Speed is normal as is but if necessary, can be equalized (Read this part).

Place is neutral i guess but could be changed to either sides worlds (of course, with no interruptions from either worlds inhabitants).

Who wins and why.

The Great Angel: 7

The Mad Tyrant: 0

Incon: 0

Thanks does seem to have the AP advantage, 10e50Joules scaling from Sentry.

He also has incredibly good mind manipulation and is likely faster due to being in the sextillions.

How fast is Sang?

Okay...

Do you not like to check San's page? It's literally on his page...with a link to a calc about a Space Marine holding onto a spear of his that contains a fraction of his full power that allows him to see even lasers and light as frozen...with results ranging from 5000c to 7700c.....WITH A MERE FRACTION, which could mean that San's (WH) could be a lot faster with his fullpower to some big unknown extent.

Nextime look at the profiles completely.

Gargoyle One said:
You REEEEEAAAALLLY got to do better then that.
what do you mean? Thanos's Regenerationn is Mid-Low and Sanguinius's is Low-Mid, and the Primarchs all have Ridiculous combat skill, I mean, they are literally genetically bred warriors that have been fighting for thousands of years.

Dude that regen is not helping you at this level.

And Thanos is also incredibly skilled, same guy who outskills Thor

Gargoyle One said:
Dude that regen is not helping you at this level.
And Thanos is also incredibly skilled, same guy who outskills Thor
1. Sanguinius has regenerated from attacks from characters in the 4-B range before, like when Ka'Bandha broke his legs or when Madail just straight-up overpowered him

2. Fair point, Thor has fighting skill comparable to a Primarch and he lost to Thanos

Gotta go with Sanguinius.

He has some insane levels of Precognition (Almost pushing to Eldrad's level, although he lacks Eldrad's advantadge of combining it with Fate Manipulation), superior Regenerationn, and Thanos' Mind Manipulation won't do much due to Sanguinius' insane Regenerationn. If push comes to shove, Sanguinius can enter into a rage-boost mode through the Red Thirst.

Matt, you're right about Thanos' mind manipulation not doing much but it's not because of his regen, it's cause of his resistance to it. So, since Sanguinius has a higher regen, I'll say that Thanos' edge in AP and Dura is moot. Can Sanguinius counter Thanos' matter manipulation? If not, I'm saying Thanos, if so, inconclusive do to each having relatively equal stats.

Considering that Sanguinius fought Madail the Undivided, a guy with Matter Manipulation on the scale which he can create and disintegrate solar-system sized constructs, and wasn't immediately reduced to atoms, I'll say Sanguinius can resist Thanos' Matter Manipulation.

Uhhh....

Crisis?

Who was the vote for Thanos?

Said I might switch to inconclusive.

Regardless, I was right about it being a Blitz, so Sang for Matt's reasons

Gar, I was referring to your initial vote but since you might go for Sanguinius I guess I'll allow that then.

Sanguinius doesn't even look that broken to me. Only thing is precog and taking on strong 4-B's in his verse but not broken.

Anyways in case i counted right, there is now 5 for Sanguinius so 2 more and this could practically be added.

Okay scratch that, there probably is like 6 for him i think if my counting is not off again this time so one more...

And that's seven if my counting is right. Welp, at least another Warhammer character got a win here.

Edit: I'll give a minor form of grace period and add this later in the day if no one else has an argument for Thanos or whatever.

you are forgetting the powers of Sanguinius:precognition, Telekinesis, Energy Manipulation, Immunity to most poison and toxins, Resistance to Magic, Possession, Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Reality Warping, and Existence Erasure, Can attack on every level of existence (Physical, mental, spiritual, symbolic, etc.) .

Sanguibius wins

Back