• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would assuming samus got hit at least once not be enough? Samus did break out of a ice beam within samus and joey. Sax also broke from diffusion missiles from metroid fusion.

I'm not saying she doesn't have a resistance, I'm just saying the Noxus reasoning is innaccurate.

@Data and Samus has other feats of breaking out of ice before in Prime 1, like with Thardus, and the alpha sheegoths. I fail to see how this shouldn't count when other instances is consistent.

Because you're literally comparing an nigh-absolute zero resistance to standard freezing? Or the fact that like i already said, literally everyone breaks out of it in the game you mentioned?

Well be fair sd assuming the top bounty hunters would be ohkoed by a mere blast from the not even most canon threatening hunter fair.

The feat for the ice beam would be almost az anyway sd.

@J-man Well I mean, to be fair, they technically could if she was in her basic power suit.

Ye, like I said, the issue is using Noxus as a feat, not the resistance.

@Dark if not superior, yeah. Like I said to J-man^.

SomebodyData said:
@J-man Well I mean, to be fair, they technically could if she was in her basic power suit.

Ye, like I said, the issue is using Noxus as a feat, not the resistance.

@Dark if not superior, yeah. Like I said to J-man^.
The samus and joey joestar feat was the base power suit ovo. Also the lag enough now. Cant post after this dm and sd.

@Glass wait for Metroid Prime 4 ovo

@Prom, just remembered a few minor stuff that isn't on your page, but I'll add them once you add add your variation.

@J-Man lol

I looked into the Metroid Fusion Transcript, sadly, there is not mention of AZ at least not in English transcript. I knot ProtoDude said on his old Samus Vs Iron Man episode of Fatal Fiction that Omega Suit had AZ, but don't know where he got that. He may have either meant to say Near-AZ or there's some Japanese context we don't know about that says it, but I don't know and shouldn't assume true AZ for now.

Perhaps the reason for resistance to Nigh-AZ should be changed to resisting SA-X's Ice Beam, which should be comparable if not superior to the Judicator Beam.

Also, let's celebrate good news. Samus's new speed is over 300 billion C now, which is over 30,000 times faster than she was previously. And if J-Man gets the chance to post scans, it's possible even Zero Suit Samus and Basic Power Suit Samus are Massively FTL+. There's also a possibility Samus's sun Freezing feat no longer being an outlier given the new High 6-A calc.

I'll update it with my draft, any other upgrades can be handled later.

I'd say Samus' new page looks pretty damn good, awesome job Promestein. I wanted to bring up three minor things though.

1) The description for the Zero Suit says this: "In the event that she has somehow lost access to her Power Suit, Samus instead utilizes this, boosting her acrobatic ability but becoming much more vulnerable, losing her strength and arsenal." I know Zero Suit Samus is noticeably faster and more agile than Power Suit Samus in Smash Bros, but that hasn't really been applied to the games from what I can remember. The Power Suit augments her strength so I understand losing physical strength when limited to the Zero Suit, but being in the Zero Suit doesn't make Samus faster or more agile. In Zero Mission she moves at the same speed unless Samus has to crawl which is slower than Samus' Morph Ball. In Other M Samus moves slower while in the Zero Suit, but she falls a lot faster for some reason.

2) Samus doesn't have every ability from Super Metroid in Samus & Joey. Samus doesn't have the Gravity Suit, Space Jump, Spring Ball, High Jump, Spazer Beam, Wave Beam, Grapple Beam in S&J and can't stack her beams in any way. Samus loses all of her abilities in the last chapter of volume 3 of S&J and those abilities are given to members of the Greed Core. The abilities I listed are not among them and Samus doesn't recover them, they are not seen or even hinted at. That said, Samus is still the most badass character in the series and saves the universe without all of her Super Metroid gear, so more credit to Samus for pulling that off with less gear than normal.

3) It should probably be made clear in this sentence here: "Samus was adopted by the Chozo, given their technology and DNA, and raised to be a peerless warrior" that Samus was infused with Chozo DNA. I've seen in multiple places that people think she was given Chozo Blood, which isn't the case. Getting a Chozo blood transfusion (probably) won't give you superpowers. I'd just add "Samus was adopted by the Chozo, given their technology and infused with their DNA, and raised to be a peerless warrior."

She can harm space pirates who can damage her. There's nothing about her AP that needs to be changed when that has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back