• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
See here, scroll dow.

Our current Samus page is simply... not very good. It gives minimal explanation for her abilities, doesn't explain her arsenal and equipment, and then badly divides her keys and completely leaves other relevant keys out for no apparent reason.

What abilities are explained are evaluated only in a versus battles context, and this wikia is not about versus debating, it's about statistics and ability indexing, and to give descriptions clearly tailored completely towards the purpose of Samus' fights in threads goes against that. It also just doesn't read well.

Sure, it links to a blog that explains things more in depth, but that blog is a mess to navigate, outdated, informal, and filled with useless information and pointless ragging on Other M, to the point of counting it as a different key and continuity just because Samus has a low-end feat in it and everyone hates the game.

There's also some blatant misrepresentations, most notably Samus having High / Low-Godly Regenerationn Negation. She apparently has these things because she can destroy atoms and harm ghosts, neither of which makes sense. If there's a better explanation, I'd love to hear it, but that's all I've seen for now.

My updated page contains every relevant key and better explains all of her abilities, doing so without being too big or unreadable.

I think that the specification about the types of intangibility that she can bypass should stay.

Simply saying that she can affect intangible stuff without specifying it/explaning why she has it would look inaccurate in my opinion

Also her in character mindset should be specified.

Alot of her fights consist of "Lol Ice Beam"

@Kaltias I mean, I figured the types of intangibility she could effect would vary depending on her equipment so I wasn't sure what to put, but I'm fine with that.

Speaking of Ice Beam, if its Star level feat is an outlier it should be an outlier range wise too. I don't know why it wouldn't be, I'll need to update that on the page.

Also her "High and Low Godly regen negation" comes from being able to completely kill Gorea and Dark Samus completely. Both have these types of Regenerationn respectively.

If the feat is an outlier we can't just apply range and nothing else.

That's not really negating their Regenerationn as much as it is just... killing them beyond their ability to regenerate.

I disagree. Both should be outliers. The range is no more substantiated than the AP is.

Where does Gorea have High Regenerationn from? All that's mentioned is that it can control its own atomic structure, and if that's all, that's not High Regenerationn

Where does Dark Samus get Low-Godly Regenerationn from because nothing's mentioned on her page either. Her High feat also sounds more like Mid-High. I dunno, the borders between those are fuzzy sometimes.

... I have questions about other characters and their regens, too. What about Omega Ridley? And. Normal Ridley. Where's Mid and High come from for them?

Ever's also right anyways, and Samus has powerful atomic destruction anyways so Gorea could've just been atomized.

He tanked the shots from Sylux's gun given how he was unfazed by every hunter's gun when it appeared. Samus has to use the Omega Hammer to kill it, not the atomizing gun.

Dark Samus' low godly regen comes from being able to regenerate from dissipating into thin air in Dark Aether. A world that was being destroyed due to Samus draining all the energy from the planet. And we see Dark Samus regenerating outside of Light Aether's atmosphere.

As for Ridley, his mid regen I think comes from him regenerating from an explosion from his invasion on Samus' homeworld. Idk where the High regen came from.

That's not true, she has macro quantic destruction due to the volt driver firing neutrinos. Which are macro quantic particles.

> Dark Samus' low godly regen comes from being able to regenerate from dissipating into thin air in Dark Aether. A world that was being destroyed due to Samus draining all the energy from the planet. And we see Dark Samus regenerating outside of Light Aether's atmosphere.

Sounds like High regen. Low-Godly deals with the body being erased from existence.

No, we see virtually everything from dark Aether being destroyed and not existing. Even the dark atmosphere around Aether disappears when the world didn't exist anymore.

Not High. Resistance to Matter Manipulation at best, assuming Shock Coil even destroys particles, which it hasn't been stated to do. It just fires neutrinos.

I don't see why that'd be Low-Godly.

You know what I meant, which is that Gorea could've been destroyed on a High scale.

Is it specifically stated that it is erased from existence as opposed to just utterly destroyed?

Ah, yeah. It's even stated that Gorea simply can't be damaged by the Shock Coil, not that it can heal the damage it deals (at least in its final form, but it still tanks the Shock Coil anyways).

"GOREA'S DEFENSIVE CAPABILITY HAS INCREASED DRAMATICALLY. NO WEAPONS CURRENTLY EQUIPPED IN THE POWER SUIT ARE CAPABLE OF PENETRATING ITS ARMOR. INTENSE GAMMA RADIATION HAS BEEN DETECTED ON THE LOWER FLOOR."

Looks good but I feel the "Composite" key needs to go or be changed, aside from the problems of a Composite key on a canon only profile, the stats are mostly her Samus and Joey counterpart that has the Multi-Galaxy feat and such.

Data said that the Samus and Joey manga is canon to the universe given the mentions to super Metroid.

@kepe the entire dark Aether was able to function because of the energy it stole from Aether. When Samus stole the last energy source. The entire world was collapsing in on itself. And everything inside Dark Aether completely disappeared given that not only the portals that connect the two world don't function anymore. But the atmosphere around normal Aether disappears permanently.

I mean, mentioning Super Metroid in Samus & Joey doesn't mean it's canon to Super Metroid, just that Super Metroid is canon to Samus & Joey.

@Glass Sounds more like High, but "At least High" sounds like a fine compromise to me. Either way, Samus shouldn't get Regenerationn negation.

Ok

Aren't there other characters that have the same negation ability thanks to killing those with said regen like Link?

I dunno anything about Link but it's something that has to be judged case-by-case.

>Too much info, delete it.

>Not enough info, add it.

>On second thought, just keep the vs debate stuff on.

^This isn't anyone in particular, just why Samus' profile is how it is. Though looking at Prom's profile, its pretty clear its just gonna repeat itself given thats basically how it looked like before. You guys go ahead, just respond to the inevitable thread complaining.

Also, not sure where you got anything you just said Glassman, nor you Prom in regards to the regen negation. It comes from Samus killing Dark Samus in the end of Metroid Prime 3, whose regen is Low-Godly due to Dark Aether and that according to her scans she became reduced to phazon energy afterwards, which apparently is a valid reason for low-godly.

As for why we consider it negation, its because the phazon was explicitly stated to be able to prevent Dark Samus from coming back without any "pushing them beyond their ability to regenerate from" back in Prime 2.

@Glassman, that's... not the reason for why we treat Samus and Joey canon. While Fusion first created the Adam and Samus dynamic, Other M's "thumbs down" thing was first shown in Samus and Joey. There were also another few reasons, (like Samus knowing the Feds were corrupt-ish, a direct reference to the events of Other M), but I don't remember them off the top of my head.

Energy is a property of a physical substance, so that girl you linked who is listed as Low-Godly because of it needs to be downgraded to High.

Our pages aren't really consistent when it comes to regenerating from energy. Some are High, like Gabriel, and others are Low-Godly.

I also don't want to call out anyone here, but I find ironic as all hell that both Matthew and Gargoyle agree with this version, even though they were part of the reason she was revised to her current state.

Anyways, I do have a few gripes with the page, but they're minor, I'll probably discuss them in a post.

Energy is a physical and scalar quantity, much like mass. Low-Godly specifies abstract and spiritual concepts, like souls, minds.

So it should be always a High feat.

SomebodyData said:
I also don't want to call out anyone here, but I find ironic as all hell that both Matthew and Gargoyle agree with this version, even though they were part of the reason she was revised to her current state.
Opinions change.

Alright, SD, looking forward to those!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back