• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't really change anything. Size is irrelevant.

I think the best argument for Low-Godly would be that all of the Phazon on Dark Aether was destroyed/converted into energy, yes? So you could argue that the same happened to Dark Samus, leaving nothing physical for Dark Samus to regenerate from, but it's still vague and only questionably Low-Godly, assuming that Dark Samus' original body was completely destroyed.

I'd go for "At least High", or "At least High, possibly Low-Godly" at best. Omega Ridley should just have Mid-High, and I don't know what regular Ridley should have because no one's shown me anything he's regenerated from and we're apparently not counting explosions for regular Ridley.

Phazon as mentioned above really isn't even physical at all, so unless Aizen is having his Low-Godly Regenerationn downgraded back to Mid-High, then I'm positive being reduced to Phazon is Low-Godly. There's also more info on the Chozo Lore, Phazo and Phaaze articles. Phazon was described by the Chozo as possessing supernatural properties that it exists across both astral and transdimensional plane. Considering it effects Transcendent Souls and corrupts them, that's clearly can't be caused by organisms that are completely physical.

Not to mention Dark Aether also has it existing on the Transdimensional Flux, and there is Luminoth Lore describing Phazon as Transdimensional Energy. Additionally, even the Annihilator Beam, which fusion energy of both Light and Dark Aether that is 100% Anti-Matter and destroys all matter that there is. Dark Samus was able to regenerate from that. Additionally, even using Sonic Boom which makes use of Space-Time Distortion was Something Dark Samus could regenerate from.

Additionally, Chozo and Luminoth lores are far more reliable sources than the Galactic Federations side of the story.

Fair points. I'm fine with Dark Samus having Low-Godly, then, as long as it's better explained. However, I don't think Samus should have Regenerationn Negation when she's using the same power source in her fight with Dark Samus, as she could very well have destroyed her soul in some manner.

Omega Ridley has High due to the amount of phazon >>>> Dark Samus 2 (Dark Samus fight against Samus in the Fortress), who was stated that at that point, had to be atomically destroyed to finish off because her phazon gave her regen and the fact that unlike Dark Samus, Ridley already had Regenerationn, so if anyone got a really good regen amp, its Ridley.

Normal Ridley gets his Regenerationn from being able to regen from the K-2L explosion (Which destroyed several parts of his body, including his tail, according to Ridley himself) and from regening from being incinerated up to at least bone, possibly even less given we no longer see the body in the flame.

As for why Samus got Regen Negation, its because according to the scans, its because of Phazon. However, looking at it again, it does seem phazon can destroy the soul "Use your Charge Beam to collect Phazon energy that she expels, then fire it back at her. Direct hits will overload and disrupt her essence."

However, not only does it not defeat her (This is Metroid Prime 2), we also see something similar with Metroid Prime's Core, literally called its essense as well. "The core essence of Metroid Prime."

In short, we might actually get to upgrade even Metroid Prime's Regen to Mid-Godly as she comes back.

Where was that stated? If I get that statement I'm fine with Omega Ridley having High Regenerationn.

That looks like it should be At least Low-Mid, I think, but it's a great Regenerationn feat at least.

Well, it may not have been completely destroyed.

Speaking of Gorea mentioned above, this video is where his High Regenerationn comes from. Samus finished the first/restricted Gorea phase with Shock Coil, reducing him to Neutrinos and all that was left was this aura like substance. Then he regenerated into his 2nd form, which is now immune to all 6 of those weapons. Omega Canno is now the only thing that harms Gorea after that point and completely destroys him.

Additionally, this page mentioned everything in the Infinity Void is composed of Anti-Matter and kind of describes it as an entire Parallel universe made of Anti-Matter. That might also add justification to Omega Cannon, but the whole Void Manipulation or Existence Erasure does admittedly seems too vague and probably shouldn't be included, but High Regenerationn negation still seems legit.

@SomeBodyData, nice that seems interesting. Though, doesn't that mean Omega Ridley might also get Regenerationn upgraded if Prime 2 Dark Samus is does? You said Omega Ridley's regen should be above Prime 2 DS. As for Base Ridley, that seems like he should be High-Mid at least.

The aura isn't necessarily just neutrinos but that'd be Mid-High to High, yeah. And resistance to Antimatter and Matter Manipulation for Gorea; the Omega Cannon is likely just stronger, I don't see why it'd be High regen negation and not just good atomic destruction.

It's At least Low-Mid because there's no indication his brain was destroyed, though it's possible.

The atomic regen?

"Morphology: Dark Samus

Logbook entry Tactical scans have identified several new battle systems in the armor of Dark Samus. She now wields a potent variant of your Charge Beam. Her Boost attack has been augmented, and the ability to render herself invisible is present as well. Bioscans suggest that Dark Samus can reform her body short of total atomic disruptio."

I think Ridley's brain would have taken severe damage from having it burn for quite a while, but am okay with Low-Mid if you're hesistant.

I think that it can be safely assumed that both times, it did, given Metroid Prime's Essense literally explodes at the end of the fight.

Looks good to me, thank you! So High for normal Dark Samus and Omega Ridley, and Low-Godly for Dark Samus at her strongest (or Mid-Godly if we go for that, but I think we should have another thread for it).

That's why it's At least Low-Mid.

Either way I don't think destroying either Dark Samus or Gorea should qualify as Regenerationn Negation, Dark Samus is being hit by essence-destroying Phazon weapons and Gorea's being blasted apart by an Alimbic superweapon superior to something that destroys particles.

Shock Coil is Macro-Quantum Destruction, and the particles are neutrinos; the Aura is more likely his soul. Omega Cannon would be stronger level of Macro-Quantum destruction at least, but if it's Anti-Matter, that still seems the same case for Annihilator Beam. Samus should also have some resistance because if Samus fires Omega Cannon at close range, she does hit herself and take damage. But it seems even the open space of the Infinity Void is Anti-Matter, which Samus survives in.

I'm assuming we keep Dark Samus at Low-Godly during the events of Corruption? or At least low-Godly Or Mid if we go that route, if you want, I could add it to my Space Pirate revision thread (though it wouldnt be a space pirate thread anymore)

I'm okay with that, however, then what do we treat Dark Samus' ultimate defeat in Corruption?

@DDM I think we would treat it as being attacked on the Macro-Quantum level, not destruction. Also, do you have a scan for the anti-matter Infinity Void? Could be a good feat.

I mean, Dark Samus is aligned with the Space Pirates.

Essence destruction? Shrugs.

I'll add Antimatter resistance and more matter destruction to Samus' page later.

Negating Mid-Godly is definitely iffy, but destroying body and essense is Low-Godly negation. Also, Samus defeated DS permanently by destroying all of Phaaze. Might be Immortality Type 8 for DS as long as Phaaze is around which Samus destroys.

Gotta go to work, but back in about 9 hours and I'm off the next two days.

I don't think we have enough evidence for immortality type 8. If anything, that sounds more like a weakness.

I updated the draft again.

I think a Composite key would be better than a Samus and Joey tab, given it really isn't that different, safe for one ability.

I just don't really like the idea of a composite key on this page

The tabs would be needed for prime. The suit different for the prime games bar one.

Also a gif gallery for the techniques for each key would be yseful.

Would do that myself though and have sd look over later and decide if adding a decent idea.

I don't want to crowd the tabber, so the other suits are in the gallery.

If you wanna find gifs of different techniques and weapons, go ahead, and I'll add them to the page.

I could understand that @Prom, but an S & J tab seems almost useless even by indexing standards.

Not really, there's the 3-B stats.

The Everlasting said:
General rule of thumb is that when a tabber is over one row long it should be a gallery.
Tell that to goku man. Even after the split he had almost a row of keys and pictures while samus has four.

Ped and light would be fair addition .

Unless Other M becomes non-canon, Samus & Joey is remaining canon. There's way too many references to Samus and Joey and vice versa to assume otherwise. So for now, yes it is canon.

I'm neutral on Samus keeping her Composite key, but I personally prefer that over simply having an end of Samus and Joey key. But I should mention that the reason Link has a composite profile is because Link consists of many characters who are all equally important to the series. Samus is just one character with many power ups that can be used to enhance the Power Suit.

@SD, for the Infinity Void, it's mentioned in the Alimbic's lore The INFINITY VOID is a vast parallel dimension of formless antimatter. Oubliette which is where the entire final battle against Gorea takes place, is located inside the Infinity Void.

Oh yeah, and I guess Everlasting words it better. Bypassing High or Low-Godly Regenerationn would be better wording rather than negating them, which would be worded as Matter and Soul Destruction respectively.

Anywaaaaaaays. Is the page good to go? Anything I'm missing?

I fail to see how that's game mechanics when it's stated in the datalog that it can reach to near absolute zero temperature, and that he can freeze samus, and she can break out of it in a few seconds.

The datalog never stated that Samus can break out of it in a few seconds.

"The JUDICATOR is powered by cold-fusion synthesis. It fires SUPERCOOLED PLASMA at temperatures approaching absolute zero."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back