• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Glass They're not missing, they're under weaponry.

@AccursedHunter I know why, but no one reads the blog either and this is just easier and looks better.

I was just concerned about scaling that with the questionable canonicity of the S&J manga, but if people are fine with that I can upgrade it too.

I added the Matter Manipulation for Shock Coil but the rest are there.

Actually, that was SD who made the blog for Phazon hax, not me. Anyway, the new keys for Samus look cool, RIP for her Composite key, but I suppose I'm alright with it.

It's been a while since I played Prime Hunters, but I recall Gorea was fight twice, which the first time was a weakened Gorea. The first encounter, some of the Hunters weapons did work and Gorea was able to regenerate from Macro-Quantum destruction. Omega Cannon on the other hand, I'll look for evidence when I have time, but some of the Alimbics lore did remotely imply that Omega Cannon was capable of Existence Erasure of some sort. Amlibics don't have profiles, but they would have Dimensional BFR/Void Manipulation if they did via banishing Gorea to the Infinity Void.

Also, Dark Samus clearly has Low-Godly Regenerationn at bare minimum. Positive that an entire pocket reality collapsing on her would completely erase her physical body; but she regenerated from that. Also, Phazo is clearly not physical energy, it's super natural. Pretty sure hacking gods that exist on an astral plane is supernatural. this blog has more info and it effected Chozo Ghosts among other things. SD did mention possible Mid-Godly, but I'm skeptical on that since there's no proof of consciousness being destroyed.

Also, converting Data into Physical objects. I'm not certain, but I'm leaning towards it being Transmutation of some sort. Speaking of which, in Samus Returns, she legit converts Life Energy/Spirit Energy into her missiles and Power Bombs; isn't that Mass Energy Conversio? It's consistent to what she did at the end of Prime 2; convert an entire planet into pure energy.

As for the range feat, while it was my mistake confusing range with AoE, I disagree with it being an outlier. Samus can still legit launch her Power Beam at stellar distances, but she needed Joey's help to freeze the Sun, yes. Also, Other M hints S&J being canon very frequently, so I think it's best for it to stay. Side note, I agree with removing the mention of the Other M PIS moments on the blog.

Also, it's possible Samus's Ice Beam might actually be AZ; I do recall ProtoDude mentioning that Metroid Fusion described SA-X's Ice Beam as being Absolute Zero. But I'll need to look for more context. Though, near-AZ for Judicator Beam will still suffice. Samus also does still need quite a bit of resistances added to her profile; much of which are her own abilities.

1. Please show me footage of that. I have to make it clear that even if Gorea takes a hit from Shock Coil and is damaged, and then regenerates, it doesn't mean it has High Regenerationn, not unless it's blasted down to just a quantic level and then regenerates.

2. It's definitely not "clearly", because it's being debated. I'd prefer "At least High".

3. It's not really used for anything but her own weaponry, from what I can see.

4. She only has the one Stellar range feat, does she not? If that's all she has, it's an outlier.

5. I'd like context for that, yes. Why should she have resistanc to her own abilities?

She fought SA-X, yeah, but SA-X doesn't use her complete arsenal and Samus was weak to ice at the time.

If we removed the resistance to Judicator should we remove the part about surviving shots from Shock Coil?

1. I'll look for it later, but I'm currently exhausted because I just got back from work.

2. Her entire physical body was completely gone. Destroying Soul and Mind as Kep mentioned would be Mid-Godly. Creating entities that exist across two parallel universes really isn't physical. Being able to harm spirits that exist on an astral plane with both immaterial and spatial intangibility and are said on their profile to be immune to all elements is supernatural. DS was reduced to particles by Samus's attacks before the realm collapsed, but she was still on it, when it collapsed. There really couldn't be anything left of her after she escaped/before she regenerated.

3. The energy does come from the enemies she destroys, so she's technically converting those enemies into energy and the same energy into her own life and ammunition.

4. J-Man showcased Samus firing Massively FTL+ beams that outspeed her ship and attacked far away enemy ships on another thread. Don't know if that proves Stellar range, but it's consistent long ranged attacks in general.

5. Yes, definitely need context, but that will have to wait for the same reason paragraph 1 SA-X also has the same abilities, which Samus also resists trading blows with her.

1. Okay.

2. She was dissipated, so Mid-High~High if she regenerated from that, and then the realm collapsed again. I dunno if you're arguing for Mid-Godly or not but that's another thing.

3. I mean, is that not game mechanics that every thing she kills turns into energy?

4. It's not stellar and she already has long ranged weaponry.

5. Alright.

Rest up and relax.

Ah, yes. Doesn't mean Samus is transmuting them though.

Turning them into health or Aeion would literally just be life absorption and energy absorption respectively, but the missiles and power bombs in what not sounds like transmutation if you ask me; Aeion is literally canon energy, not game mechanics. Wasn't Sonic's Ring Dash accepted as transmutation?

Mid-High is regenerating from a gas or plasma substance; separated particles which is what Dark Samus and Omega Ridley regenerated from is High regen. I was just referring to the debate Kep mentioned above that destroying soul and mind with the body Mid-Godly. But no proof of those being destroyed, but after Dark Aether was destroyed there was literally nothing left of her body; even the remaining particles destroyed by pocket reality destruction.

For the range part, if there's proof that she shot a ship from millions of kilometers away, that's still Stellar range. But again, I might switch to neutral but leaning towards what SD says.

I don't know what the Ring Dash is, but I can give Samus some extent of Transmutation. Limited Transmutation for shaping energy into her weapons. If that's fine?

Where'd Omega Ridley regenerate?

We don't have proof of particle destruction, so I think that At least High is the best shot.

I know that, but how do we know that it's High regen, even, if it was offscreen?

If it was just dust it'd be Mid-High at best. And, I mean... Ridley explodes all the time. Nearly every single time you beat him, Ridley explodes. And we don't give him Mid-High regen for that.

All that was left of Omega Ridley where tiny particles, happened sometime after Samus defeated Ridley and before Samus Returns, but likely while he still had Phazon. Limited to just his Omega key though.

The suggested for limited transmutation seems good. Also, let's wait for SD to come back and explained the Dark Aether collapsation better.

Looks Mid-High to me, but this did destroy Omega Ridley so... why would it apply to just Omega Ridley when he came back as Proteus Ridley some time after this?

@DDM Particles, yeah, but they don't look like atomic particles to me, though, just motes of Phazon dust. So Mid-High.

I think that the first post seems to make sense, but I haven't had the time to read the rest of the thread.

Prom thinks Omega Ridley's regen is Mid-High as opposed to High, and that Dark Samus should just be at least High. Not sure how to explain it to her for Omega Ridley's case, but Dark Samus literally had no physical self left when she regenerated; the mind and/or the soul was the only thing left of her.

@Kep, I know, I was just clarifying that if all physical self is completely erased, then it's Low-Godly.

"Dark Samus literally had no physical self left when she regenerated"

That's debatable though; there's no proof either way, unless you have something to show me besides mentioning how Dark Aether was completely destroyed, but that doesn't necessarily mean that every particle of Dark Samus was completely eradicated.

I'm most comfortable with "At least High".

SD can most likely explain it better, and it was actually Weekly Battles who said regenerating from a pocket reality destruction is generally Low-Godly to Mid-Godly, which we went with Low-Godly to be safe. Still, probably best of SD explains it better.

I don't really necessarily agree with that as a rule, though. Pocket reality destruction can vary in scale and scope and you can't just slap Low-Godly on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back