• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. The page lacks nearly all of Samus' resistances to Phazon's effects (Except radiation for some reason?). And it includes the toxic gas resistance which was removed because an interview revealed that Dark Aether's gas is toxic because it was composed of Phazon. You also skipped over PED Suit's abilities.

2. The Noxus reason for her ice resistance should be removed, minor nitpick but its probably just game mechanics.

3. Why is there only 4 images for her suits? Not just that, but her ZS image is from another game and doesn't actually look like her current attire and her Gravity Suit image has been outdated for a long time now.

4. Is there any reason for why her stamina was downgraded? As a reminder, Super Metroid happened only a hour or two after Samus Returns, both of which required her to tranverse massive sections of the planets.

But yeah, your version is very much preferable.

If only people didn't make absurd claims like separating intelligence based on field or Range from AoE, etc.

@Ever sorry, but I guess you can say I'm a tad salty when people say "About damn time we had this." and "About Time that Samus got the revisions she deserved." when they're partially to blame for the mess.

1. They weren't on the current page and I wasn't ready to crawl through every single resistance. Some stuff was from an older version of the page before my vacation; I can update it.

2. Yeah, that makes sense.

3. The rest were going to be added in a gallery; I just had the most recognizable up there to save space.

4. Was it downgraded? We don't really have a stamina scale so any short terms we use are basically meaningless, I can update the stamina description more later.

For the Gravity Suit, I thought the older art looked better. It also wasn't fanart, so it was preferable on those grounds alone. (I think it was fanart, at least?)

Huh. I'll update it when I have the chance, then! Along with the rest.

Actually, while we're on the topic of Samus, do you happen to known what Data conversion into matter and vice versa would count as an ability? According to the manga, the reason she can store so much missiles and etc is because she converts them to data and then makes them tangible again once she needs them again.

I guess it'd be Data Manipulation and some Transmutation, but it would only be applicable to her own weaponry.

SomebodyData said:
Actually, while we're on the topic of Samus, do you happen to known what Data conversion into matter and vice versa would count as an ability? According to the manga, the reason she can store so much missiles and etc is because she converts them to data and then makes them tangible again once she needs them again.
It Isnt Transmutation?

I know I've talked about it to AccursedHunter, but I don't think we've actually talked about S&J yet lol, maybe you were in the thread Accursed and I talked about it but I don't remember?

Opinions change.

I was?!

When?

Because I've had a ton of issues with Samus's page and how she's treated on this site and I even visibly vented about it on multiple threads, a couple you, SD, responded too.

How long ago was the last time I actually responded to the revision and I changed something?

It was one of the "too much information" threads, (Either the "remove her equipment descriptions from the page" or "remove a few of her tabs" thread)

I think those threads were like 10 months ago - 1 and a half years ago.

Ye, I agreed there was an issue, I rarely however, agreed with the solutions. (For example, I proposed a page for her zero suit and original power suit stuff "Zero Mission/Manga" and everything else "Classic" Samus, instead of removing a lot of the stuff.)

Though this might not be the best thread to discuss it, we could continue talking about it elsewhere if you want. (I'm gonna make a Metroid General Discussion thread after the Space Pirate revision anyway, so I could just make it now.)

SomebodyData said:
That would be Transmutation.

An example, this guy has transmutation for being able to turn people into data.

Also, someone get DDM, he's one of the Samus experts and it would probably help to have him here.

If ya want scans and gifs could always go and make and save a lot of the primary things for example.

A gallery or something would be useful.

Also sd the samus and joey manga says the missiles are made from the atmosphere .

The page is fine for that, thanks.

DDM made a blog? Noice, kinda wished he told me since I also made one.

@Prom, in case you're wondering, she didn't get resistance to literally everything there, just the ones that are pretty clear. (So no Reality Warping or BFR resistance.)

@J-man whoa, that's kinda cool.

I've updated the page.

That's really interesting, @Jman

Nice @Prom, if you want, you can go ahead an implement it. If there is anything that is forgotten, we can add it later.

Also a few nftl feats for power suit and varia exist within the manga. And a mftl for the prime ship.

Also the frozen star calculation? Wrong. The star was frozen although only the surface.
Sc 2004-07.19

Ye, I remember the Speed Booster >>> Ship feat, traveling to the EX Galaxy, and the Samus attacking a ship mid flight feat.

I see, so it is possible that it isn't a outlier, hmmm.

Or ya know. The prime ship crossing multi galactic distances within a few minutes and samys aiming the ship mid flight with a beam. And meta flying fast enough to beat the prime ship within a quick race.

Lots of decent feats which may be looked at.

Hold on, we're talking about the same Prime 1 Meta Ridley feat right? Ye, I think I will make a calc based on the timeframe provided in S and J

Ye I know, it was an extreme lowball. I'm going to try to see if there is any info that can shorten the timeframe.

Speed revisions are a thing for another day; unless anyone has problems with my current draft of the page, I can update the page.

Well aside from some weapons from Hunters being missing from what I'm seeing. Nothing really looks bad in the current draft.

The information on Samus' page being kerscuffled is because 1) the page would be ridiculously long and cluttered so it needed to be trimmed down. That's why the "Samus' Equipment and Techniques" multi-tab list was moved to SD's blog. 2) Nobody read Samus' profile anyway when there WAS more info. That's always been a thing both online and off, but my point stands.

As for S&J's canonical placement, most people believe that S&J is either dubious canon or non-canon. I certainly hope it's canon for the fact that S&J has Samus wear a cool looking cape alone. The VS Battle Wiki accepts S&J as canon since it doesn't contradict anything that I'm aware of and actually predicts stuff that happened in Other M such as the overall interior of Samus' iconic Gunship. Assuming S&J is canon, it takes place sometime between Other M and Fusion since Samus doesn't have her Fusion Suit. Maybe S&J does take place sometime after Fusion and Samus just grew her old armor back, but the GF still thinks of Samus as the Metroid universe's equivalent of Superman so S&J probably takes place before Fusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back