• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus Aran vs Ainz Ooal Gown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Immunity means immunity not resistance. Meaning hes totally unaffected by the cold elements. If it said merely resistance than it would be another story, but it doesn't.

If you don't want to accept that, thats fine, but my vote remains the same.

I vote Ainz.

Ainz may not be immune to AZ, but with the help of spells, there isn't anything stopping him from blockiing or tanking Samus's ice beam. I believe he can win, but it WILL be extremely tough. Thing is, as soon as he manages to get close, it's game over.

@William and Samus can sense him coming and shoot the ice beam at him before he gets anywhere near her.

@Jugger that's merely an assumption to say that he's resistant to all types of ice if there's no proof. Not to mention there's nothing like that at all listed in his profile.

@Theglassman12

Yes, and it is merely an assumption that he isn't immune to all types of Ice, and?

The way I see it is everything he has is transfered from a video game, in video games when it says an element like Ice or Fire it almost always means every type of Heat or Cold. So I imagine thats exactly how its transfered into a real world.

@Jugger that's not how it works. The burden of proof is on you to show that Nigh Absolute Zero isn't going to work against him.

Theglassman12 said:
@William and Samus can sense him coming and shoot the ice beam at him before he gets anywhere near her.
@Jugger that's merely an assumption to say that he's resistant to all types of ice if there's no proof. Not to mention there's nothing like that at all listed in his profile.
Wtf do you mean "all types of ice", my boy? Unless it's a substance with completely different properties rather than good old "increased stats and btw it's colder", resistance will apply.

And William Shrekspire, are his teleports really that large in range? If so, he can indeed beat the crap outta Samus.

@Glass

If this is a projectile, then it will not be difficult for him to dodge, teleporting again.

Again, she has no answer to get insta'd. Precog and Info Analysis doesnt help since Ainz's death spells operate instantaneously.

Greater Teleportation takes a tought and its spammable.

@Theglassman12

You are asserting that something works on him without any irrefutable proof. (I told you he had Ice Immunity to all forms of ice)

I am asserting that it doesn't without any irrefutable proof.(You are saying that it isn't immunity to all forms of ice)

Thats exactly how it works.

Immunity to all forms of ice is a NLF in of itself unless you bring evidence that justifies it.

@William Yes it does help her since they're already far away, it's gonna take time for Ainz to get anywhere near Samus, afterwards he'll just be unable to move at all since everywhere is covered in ice.his teleportation is just gonna put him in another part of the ice

William Shrekspire said:
@Mand
At leat hundreds of kilometers. Interdimensionsional if you wanna bring Yggdrasil.
If interdimensional, he TPs once to get her on half the limit of his range after preparing himself with buffs and barriers, and game over.

If several hundreds of kilometers or a few thousands, he'll take several TPs to get there. Can cooldown and mana allow him to do that quickly?

@Theglassman12

Anyone correct me if im wrong but isn't Greater Teleportation without a distance limit and is literally where ever hes ever been and as far as he is allowed to see, spells included? If that is the case, then this is literally a beatdown way past what I already thought.

Jugger47 said:
@Theglassman12
Eh? How? Teleportation is instantaneous and its range is for more than enough.
They're a few kilometers away, Ainz can only teleport a few hundred meters every time. That's more than enough time for Samus to fire her ice beam and incapacitate him.

@Theglassman12

Why are you assuming only a few hundred meters exactly?

• Greater Teleportation: A 7th tier spell that allows instantaneous transition without restriction to distance.
If im missing something I'll admit it, but why a few hundered meters?

@Theglassman12

• Greater Teleportation: Allows the caster to teleport anywhere they have been to, or can see. It works instantly and has the same cost no matter the distance. Visions from clairvoyance spells qualify.
This is from his profile.....Only most of his spells have ranges of a few hundered meters, not this one....

Theglassman12 said:
Glassman, yes you said "all types of ice". And you've been stating a lot of nerfs/downplays without evidence to them since a while already.

I vote for disregarding Theglassman12 and using what we have as evidence that The Overlord wins.

Plus, while his profile lists several hundred meters of range, that's more like an attack thing and in any way is to be contradicted by any different information as it's a generalization for most of his spells. His fireballs won't reach two kilometers of distance, but his teleportation is questionably limitless.

@Mand Oh that.

I said it before and I'll say it again, unless you show me proof that Ainz's resistance to ice is at the level of AZ, it's a NLF to assume that he can resist it since AZ is much deadlier than any form of ice.

@Jugger How far does his teleportation reach?

Mand21 said:
Glassman, yes you said "all types of ice". And you've been stating a lot of nerfs/downplays without evidence to them since a while already.

I vote for disregarding Theglassman12 and using what we have as evidence that The Overlord wins.
Hell, you've got my vote. I initally didn't realize it but Greater teleportation is a deal breaker considering its range and quickness.

Theglassman12 said:
@Mand Oh that.
I said it before and I'll say it again, unless you show me proof that Ainz's resistance to ice is at the level of AZ, it's a NLF to assume that he can resist it since AZ is much deadlier than any form of ice.

@Jugger How far does his teleportation reach?
He is immune to all other levels of cold. It is natural to believe that such immunity won't suddenly go from "no-selling at -250┬║C" to "Instakilled when it touches -273.15". Invulnerability means he can no-sell cold to great degrees. From his capacity to freeze at island level, I'd say he's pretty certainly capable of tanking AZ somewhat reasonably if taking that sort of attack to the face would do nothing to him.

@Theglassman12

Its range is as far has he can possibly see, and spells that increase his range (I.E. vision) or even act as a sort of display apply. So without the help of additional spells atleast 40-48 KM, FAR Beyond that with the aid of spells. Its really no chance for samus at that point. He has free reign.

Oh, and its range is limitless in regards to places hes already been to so...yea....(it sounds like the video game mechanic, fast travel)

BTW, if we add Jugger47 and I to the OP then there are 5 votes to each side. This is tied... We need someone who commented back then to change sides and/or a new commenter to appear.

EDIT: Wait, this battle has already been added? w/e

It was added but removed from Ainz's profile because SD asked me to reopen and debate again. Ainz has low range and everyone keeps ignoring that. Nor does it say several kilometers or above with teleportation; at least not mid combat. So in other words, none of Ainz's votes count anymore, people also keep NLF'ing's Ice resistance. Votes based on assumptions, or NLF's do not get counted.

Mand21 said:
William Shrekspire said:
@Mand
At leat hundreds of kilometers. Interdimensionsional if you wanna bring Yggdrasil.
If interdimensional, he TPs once to get her on half the limit of his range after preparing himself with buffs and barriers, and game over.
If several hundreds of kilometers or a few thousands, he'll take several TPs to get there. Can cooldown and mana allow him to do that quickly?
SBA places them in a distance of 4 km.

Until I know if Samus has teleportation in this version, I will assume that Ainz has an advantage in terms of maneuverability.

There is enough mana, I do not know about the cool-down, but I guess that it is not, because the verse is full of spells that block/negate teleportation.

Well I just has some idea theres statement about Time Stop.

"No attack would work while time was stopped." - Overlord Volumn 9 Chapter 4

"Another magic targeting the giant tree frozen in time" - Drama CD

"Stopping time with the invoked magic shining as if they were stars" - Drama CD

It mean he can use time stop to defend.

Then switch back to Ainz.

@DarkDragonMedeus

Yes, Ainz has lower range spells but Greater Teleportation is not one of them, even in combat. It might as well be limitless.

@Zoorooz117 And yes of course, time stop can be used to stop any and all projectiles and he can maneavor while time is stopped himself. As soon as Ainz is in range, which only takes a single greater teleport he can cast [Time Stop] + [Death] + [Delay Magic] which makes it so that if timed perfectly (which he is known to be a master at doing) the spell [Death] would be casted as soon as time resumed. Giving Samus literally no time at all (lol) to react, I mean, this is really not so hard at all because greater teleporation is more than enough range and speed.

Ainz still only has hundreds of meters range; he ain't stopping a Stellar AoE Ice Beam. The only way for him to avoid it is to teleport to another planet; like all the way to Jupiter at least. But his teleportation doesn't have enough range. His range for all his spells is only hundreds of meters until a CR goes through.

Anyway, because every vote for Ainz got debunked, none of his votes really count anymore. And this thread is getting far too chaotic to continue, so I'm going to have to close the thread soon. Also, Samus's Ice Beam freezes enemies who are Ice elemental and even absorb Ice and Cold based attacks, but it gave them zero resistance to Samus's Ice Beam. Another heads up. Also, Speed is Equalized, so they both have equal maneuverability on this thread, but it's not going to help against Samus spamming at least 340136.054422 rounds per second of her Stellar AoE Ice Beam.

@Jugger read both characters profiles. Samus Ara and Ainz Ooal Gow, and also read Standard Battle Assumptions. You keep using statistics that aren't on his profile. Saying Ainz has infinite range with teleportation is just borderline NLF. His profile clearly says it's limited for hundreds of meters with all his spells until Content Revision is both made and approved.

DarkDragonMedeus

He constantly uses Greater Teleportation in Volume 12 to go back between Nazrick and the Holy Kingdom...which is hundereds of miles apart. What exactly are you basing his teleportation range being only a few hundered meters on?

Also. Even on his profile this is there

• Greater Teleportation: Allows the caster to teleport anywhere they have been to, or can see. It works instantly and has the same cost no matter the distance. Visions from clairvoyance spells qualify.
So even assuming statsitics can't be used because its not in his profile, the exact defintion of this specfic spell is there. And even supports what multiple people are saying here. Im fine with this being closed, but the point on Teleportations range is far away from debunked.

Based on what's in his profile, and go here if you want to upgrade his range. Until then, his official range here is only hundreds of meters. And even then, that doesn't automatically prove that his teleportation can be used for combat while there's a Stellar Ice Beam all over the place.

Also, due to SBA, he hasn't been anywhere in this battlefield, meaning he can't teleport anywhere has can't see. And if he needs to activate a Clairvoyance spell first, than Samus already froze him before he can activate teleportation. Also, all areas Ainz could teleport too are covered in Samus's Ice Beam; and he can use that and Time Stop at the same time; he'll need to wait to wait for reaction time interview between each at least. Where as Samus's just just spamming Ice Beam Constantly and Running backwards really fast.

DarkDragonMedeus

Greater teleportation is used constantly in the novels and somewhat even in the anime (with shalltear) in battle lol. The only reason shalltear cant teleport right up in his face is because he had [Delay Teleportation] active in the area to counteact that. Which Samus sure doesn't.

Nah im sorry, but I am no where near convinced. Just close this, the same things are being said which is only then replied to with either "Its not in his profile"(Even siting from the source novels is not enough) or "It is but his general range is a few hundred meters" which makes literally no sense at all when even the profile lists Greater Teleportation being as far as he can possibly see and where ever hes already been.

Ah, This has been quite the shame. Farewell.

(Before I leave, constantly backing up is not fast enough to get away from a teleportation thats instant and limitless range, I assure you. Especially with speed equalized and the cooldown on it being AT LEAST less than single second. For cooldown reference just look at the battle with shalltear in the novels, less than a second between each cast. And I see his range is already being debated, thank goodness. Seriously though, what a dissapointment.)

DarkDragonMedeus said:
OtterMonk haven't really given input since the match was revived.
I have busy with final projects and a convention. That said, despite Samus being my favorite character in fiction I am not convinced that she has this. Ainz's immunity to cold attacks in universe imply he would be immune to the damage from the Ice Beam even if the slow down effects happen, despite it's stellar affects. Nothing is stopping him from teleporting while frozen since he has no biological functions in the slightest. His teleport can close the gap easily and Samus's precog isn't infalible as she has been successfully surprised and ambushed in universe. Ainz's ability to give false information would more then likely give him the ability to overcome that.

My vote remains unchanged.

@Otter resistant to cold attacks is very vague. Unless he's shown to resist AZ, he's not resisting something Samus can shoot at a stellar range. Him having no biological functions doesn't mean much when samus can attack spiritual entities in the first place.

Someone wanted me to post this for him in chat.

• "I vote Ainz FRA teleport is infinte range and Jugger even quoted the spell description from this website and it said Greater Teleportation: Allows the caster to teleport anywhere they have been to, or can see. It works instantly and has the same cost no matter the distance. Visions from clairvoyance spells qualify. And it wasn't NLF because the site contradicts itself and even if you have no knowledge of Overlord, it is pretty clear that Greater Teleportation directly contradicts the discription of Range on his profile. Also, Ainz has Ice Invalidation. Which is an even stronger word than immunity, so idk what you're trying to say by him being frozen by Stellar Ice Beam. He literally negates all of that, and someone even took the time to emphasize this by changing it from immunity to invalidation. Again, I vote for Ainz."
infinite range is a complete NLF unless you have proof that he can go that far. Ice invalidation is very vague, and we need proof to see that he can resist something on the level of AZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back