• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus Aran vs Ainz Ooal Gown

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not infinite as much as it is boundless.

Also, Dark Dragon, stop saying "not until it's approved", that's biased as ****. What are you gonna do if it's approved? Are you really trying to give your waifu an empty victory that will have to be removed? Are you really going to ignore the fact that teleportation as a quick travel technique does not influence one's combat range and thus is not in direct contradiction? You're trying to force skewed logic that downplays Ainz and then more biased logic and unfair standards under a guise of impartiality so that arguments that allow this to be a fair fight cannot be used.

So what if enemies who would absorb ice attacks but couldn't resist her own? It's obvious she's on a whole different tier from normal ice attacks, you don't need to tell us that. However, that attack is hax and as such can be blocked by Forcefield Creation from the same tier as Samus. Who cares about her range? He can spam teleportation until he gets to where she is — he doesn't need to breath nor eat — which essentially gives him Mach 291~5830 traveling speed when spamming teleportation. She has no way of surpassing that on a speed equalized battle in which she's brought down to his hypersonic level.

You're spouting BS and trying to pretty much abuse your authority to force a situation where she wins. Spoilers: she doesn't.

My vote goes to Ainz.

I have such a feeling that this unorgonised thread soon will be closed. In spite of this, I will try to answer.

1. Nigh-AZ =/= AZ.

2. It has been mentioned repeatedly, that Ainz is immune to Ice Manipulation, not extemely resistant. This is how physiology of Undead works in-verse. He has an extreme resistance to Holy Manip, but Nigh-AZ is still an elemental attack, which he is immune to. And even if it works half-effectively, Ainz can use a Wish to gain the appropriate resistance. (In-character for him to do so.)

3. Ainz has an 3x AP advantage here.

4. Teleportation makes an advantage on part with Samus in terms of the initial distance insolvent.

5. The Flight gives Ainz more maneuverability.

6. Death Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Reality Warping, of course, just children's toys.

@Mandi how is him saying that something that hasn't been approved by the majority of people here shouldn't be used in the match considered biased?? Teleportation is only gonna take him a couple of hundred meters at best every time he uses it.

@William AP and flight doesn't mean jack shit for Samus, who's fought people who can fly and can oneshot very easily. Also has he shown to use those abilities from the get go?

It doesn't need to be "approved by the majority of people". This isn't a democracy, but a debate. Facts precede "public approval". Teleportation is gonna take him through planetary range.

yes it does, by that logic, I can say that a character has infinite magic and can spam the living shit out of every single hax he has in a split second without showing any proof whatsoever, and it would be fine.

Theglassman12 said:
@William AP and flight doesn't mean jack shit for Samus, who's fought people who can fly and can oneshot very easily. Also has he shown to use those abilities from the get go?
Yes, he usually starts when he meets an unfamiliar opponent with:

A) Death Manip.
B) Time Stop.

Giving a report on how much he can be paranoid, it is likely that he will start with teleportation, measuring that the initial distance is not enough.

Theglassman12 said:
yes it does, by that logic, I can say that a character has infinite magic and can spam the living shit out of every single hax he has in a split second without showing any proof whatsoever, and it would be fine.
Strawman fallacy. There were lots of evidence being shown, you both just rejected it because it contradicts the profile. Reality takes priority over the theoretical models drawn from it.

There's one ongoing. DDM even agrees with it. Now what's your argument? "Oh, they didn't yet edit the page so it's not valid"? You should be able to think better than to force the winning of a battle that will simply be lost later.

Theglassman12 said:
if it's not on the profile, then make a CRT. Simple as that.
And what do you propose if the CRT is accepted by the majority (Already have five people ready to stand up for it)? Re-open the thread and vote again? A waste of time and resources. I advise you to accept reality as it is, and not blindly appeal to statistical data.

@Mand There wouldn't even be an argument when it's accepted.

@William Why would we need to reopen the thread if it's been accepted. The CRT being accepted would mean that his win is legit, and not from people ignoring things being stated from the profile.

Ok. this fight is getting ridiculous. Let's just accept it like this: if the CRT is accepted, Ainz's barriers and capacity to travel fast will allow him to win this battle. Not without struggle, but decisively. If it doesn't, this is a stomp in Samus's favor for he is outranged beyond salvation and basically incapable of doing anything but put up barriers to half-assedly tank her beams until his mana runs out.

Theglassman12 said:
@William Why would we need to reopen the thread if it's been accepted. The CRT being accepted would mean that his win is legit, and not from people ignoring things being stated from the profile.
It is still far from reaching the conclusion. If Samus wins, relying on the advantage in the range of attacks (which in fact is her only superiority) and it get added, then the result of the match can be considered invalid.

The starting distance is no problem for Ainz. [Greater Teleportation] can reach anywhere he can see for the same cost, and he can simply stop time after that. His anti-divinity measures would probably also resist scanning. He's immune to ice, and can instantly kill her with [delay magic: death] while using [time stop]. One should also keep in mind that Ainz can cast his spells silently and instantly. I vote for Ainz.

It follows that I vote for Ainz via versality and better hax overall. (If the consistency of my voice was reduced to zero, I return it).

You know what, this thread is a mess. It really should be removed from both profiles for now; the reason it was removed from Ainz's profile was because of all the at the time illogical reasoning. But there's a content revision in order; then again, Samus always seems to be missing some abilities and resistances that should be on her profile; it was agreed that she should have Soul destruction and resistance to magic.

Anyway, I think I should just close this; you're welcome to make another thread After the content revision board, but for now, this one is just a mess of people arguing in circles. Especially when all the Ainz voters are making way too many illogical assumptions; Final Fantasy bosses being immune to Blizzaga does not even close to making them resistance to Samus's Ice Beam. Anyway, closing this and having the outcome layed off of profiles for now, all in favor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back