• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus Aran vs Ainz Ooal Gown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the thread is still open. Well actually, I was planning to write a CRT about Ainz's range + some missing abilities. Well, now I will speed up writing :) A pair of counter-arguments in response.

1. Ainz continues to resurrect.
2. Becomes completely invisible and undetectable.
3. Realitywarps distance as well as Samus in addition.

Thus i vote Ainz, cuz it simply creates more possibilities for him

Note: >imlying that Ainz can use teleportation only for mere hundred of meters. Dude, that a great downplay, based on missed clarification.

Ainz can't resurrect himself once his soul is completely destroyed. Also, Samus doesn't really have to kill him, just Freeze him frozen shut. Samus can see invisible targets, so 2 is irrelevant. And range still says hundreds of meters until Content Revision is finished; no where does it say several kilometers with Reality Warping or teleportation.

Also, I did close the thread a while back, but I was asked to reopen and debunk it. SD was curious because he was like, "How did Ainz get past Samus's stellar AoE?" Anyway, I'm also gonna get more back up from Glassman and SD soon.

In that case, opening the thread was a pointless undertaking. It still has to be redone when new updates for Ainz are adopted or rejected.

Considering Samus can tank multiple hits by the SA-X's Plasma/Wave/Ice/Spazer Beam (plasma passes through Samus body including her organs) while wearing weaker armor than her base Power Suit, would the Grasp Heart REALLY be an instant kill? It would be a definite threat, but would it be an instant kill? Samus' Power has shown to protect Samus from damage outside the suit and inside her body, only by reducing the shielding to zero would Samus die since no one has ever been able to use a one hit kill move on Samus before in the games (not sure if that last point means anything). The SA-X's beam from Fusion is taller than Samus is btw. Not sure if my points will add anything, but I don't believe anyone has brought up Samus' organs getting hit by Plasma yet.

@Hunter, I actually did above about Samus having resistance to internal organ damaging. But people kind of ignored the context.

Ainz doesn't need to use TGOALID here. He can just use Cry of the Banshee and oneshot Samus, which do not require a 12 second wait time.

Except he's not far enough, at least until Content Revision is made and range is upgraded, you can't really on assumptions that any of his abilities are above 1 kilometer. Side note, if Samus was on the moon while Ainz is on Earth or vise versa, Samus would range stomp with Stellar AoE Ice Beam that phases through all solid objects.

We need to give a little explanation. Grasp Heart is the Death Manip, which means, as long as Samus does not have resistance, it will work perfectly. What appears in Ainz' palm is the convential hologram. You can not resist anything that installs Death into you with a purely advanced technology. 'Sigh'.

Samus's Power Suit isn't "Purely Advanced Technology" It's Supernatural Biology granted by Chozo DNA. Chozo is a race of Immortal Godlike Alien Birds.

Suppose she can unconventionally withstand the Grasp Heart (which I very doubt, judging purely by profile information). What about the other of Ainz's homing death spells? For example:

Death - Instantly kills the target without any activation time or requirements. It is similar to grasp heart, but does not require the caster to crush the heart, and does not have its secondary stun effect.

Ainz should be just think: Death. Which is much easier.

Samus's Ice Beam also freezes projectiles in place. This even includes both physical and magical projectiles. So that counters homing attack. And combining it with Wave Beam makes it where even one shot freezes a whole bunch of projectiles in line.

As for thinking Death, is that a form of soul manipulation, she resists that too. Death Manipulation with no explanation of how the person dies is generally assumed to be removing soul from the body without damaging anything.

1. Death is not projectile. Closer fit definition: Status (state) Damage. Probably, I'm not in the sense of Homing Attacks, huh. This is the everyday version of True Death without Ressurection Negation ability.

2. Soul Manipulation =/= Death Manipulation. And even if it was =. This is nothing but the Death Manip in the first place. This spell does not come into direct contact with the Soul. It classically turns you into a corpse.

Casually turning someone into a corpse sounds like biology manipulation, aka, another ability Samus resists.

This is not biological manipulation. Where do these subcategories come from? It changes your Permanent Status from [Living] to [Dead] via magic. No frills.

Because subcategories exist so that everything is not heavily dependant on NLF. Removing Soul from the body, that is Soul Manipulation, decaying a body into a corpse, that can be either biology manipulation or age manipulation; Samus resists the former at least. Death Manipulation can be a combination of both however. It's just like how durability negation has hundreds of sub categories and Samus resisting dozens of them. Ainz still needs to be close enough in order for it to work.

You sounds more vague now than I do.

Let's go through the points.

1. Death is just a magical construct that interacts with your Status. Works on the transmutation principle - replaces the [Alive] status on the [Dead] status. If you wanna hit the specifics.

Next, the resistances of Samus. Or how to avoid it.

2. There is no resistance to the Death Manipulation.
3. There is no 7 type of immortality
4. There is no Magical Resistance as a pronounced ability.
5. There is no resistance to Transmutation (at least at the level that I have singled out)

So... It works.

Samus has resistance to transmutation; that's another hax ability that with multiple sub categories. She resists biological manipulation, soul manipulation, technological manipulation, matter manipulation, and elemental manipulation. All of which are transmutation sub-categories. Also, Samus should have magical resistance, but we keep forgetting to add that ability. Magic exists in Metroid and Samus dealt with it.

I'll go the easy way. Samus has ever interacted with someone who can say: - "you're already dead"? And did it lead to a reasonable outcome?

I don't know about that but Phazo radiation instantly kills targets who don't have Phazon resistance. Samus's resistance to Phazon is rather limited in her 6-C key, but she can at least be unaffected by the radiation; which is still one of the strongest radiation feats in fiction even if it's Phazon's weakest feature. Still, Ainz is not close enough to use that ability and getting pretty tired of repeating that. Wait for the Content Revision to go through at least. And I'm sure Glassman and SD can back me up some more.

@Apies, and yes, I was referencing that. Samus can resist Kenshiro's method of durability negation.

Pyra already has too many losses, but they're getting removed once she becomes Low 2-C

SD and Glass are also coming for you all.

Alright, well Samus is going to right off the bat lead with scan visor, which will let her know everything about Ainz, which will make her more willing to stay away from his range as to avoid the instant death attacks. Her Precognition will also be a factor here since she's able to dodge attacks that she couldn't see coming, from both her normal senses to even her radar being unable to see the enemies, she can react in time. And her range is without a doubt going to be a big factor for her winning since her ice beam can freeze an entire star, and is stacked with her wave beam, so anything and everything that's physically in the way is going to be bypassed thanks to the wave beam. And once he's frozen, Samus can continuously fire at him while he's frozen until he completely shatters. His invisibility won't work here since she can see invisible enemies with the different visors, Stat amping and stat reducing aren't going to help much when Samus can negate durability easily and oneshot very quickly.

All in all, Samus likely has the edge here.

@Glass

1. Ainz can analyze her too. 2. Ainz' invisibililty would work, because even those who specialize in recognizing invisibility users have problems with recognizing Ainz.

Complete Invisibility: A spell that was far superior to a normal invisibility spell. Ainz becomes completely invisible to anyone unless they use specialized magic to see him. Only the highest-ranked undead with classes focused on perception can see through this spell's effect.

Perfect Unknowable: Erases all non-visible traces of the caster. When in combination with complete invisibility, only the highest level players specialized in stealth or enemy detection would be able to sense Ainz. However, he could only keep up the spell for about ten minutes.

3. Teleporation. Portal Creation. Passive Insanity Inducement. Passive Death Inducement. As well as RW return Ainz to the game.

Samus can see beings with Spatial Invisibility Phantoo, Dark Samus. It's not limited to seeing Ghosts, she can see through illusions and even characters who are invisible to to existing in another universe.

how willing is he in using his information analysis? even if she can't see him, she's already gonna get info right away by the time he activates his invisibility. Her stellar range AOE attack is going to screw him over, and Samus can use precognition to avoid any incoming danger, like using the speedbooster to run away from his range. Teleportation and Portal creation she has experienced against with Dark Samus, and she resists mind manipulation, so insanity inducement isn't going to work on her.

@Dark

Which says to me absolutely nothing.

@Glass.

Precognition: Samus has shown more than once in Other M to be able to dodge threats behind her, and threats that are out of view, such as when the Vorash lunged at Samus from below the location she was traveling in, and there was no way for Samus to see or hear the Vorash coming using Sensemove. She has shown to have visions of the future and the past due to her Chozo DNA, such as when she had a vision of Dark Samus in the opening to Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Ainz' Death Manip takes a tought.+ Perfect Unknowable that nulls Precog. How limited is her PreÐüognition in the battle? Can she see her own death?

Considering she can foresee an upcoming threat, she can most likely sense the same thing. It's not limited when she can use it numerous times without tiring out.

Complete Invisibility and assuming no one can see him period is NLF. Especially if Spatial invisibility is more advanced than ghostly invisibility. She sees it all.

And her Precognition is like Ultra Instinct plus Shulk's Monado Visions. She predicts every move before it's made, and her body can detect patterns that even her mind isn't aware, so help her move out of the way and dodge attacks. And yeah, as Glassman said, it's very continuous and she detects every move.

@Glass.

Expect there are no threats, Perfect Unkowable completely erases Ainz's presence, as well as the threatening or malicious intent, giving him the perfect opportunity to teleport to the right distance and just think.

@Dark.

But Ainz can perfectly see intangible ghosts and astral beings. Heh, he can even summon them. So no, nothing special.

What does Ainz being able to see ghosts have to do with Samus being able to see Ainz?

@William Yes there is a threat, which Samus can foresee and be cautious about.

and guess what, Samus can perfectly see intangible and astral beings too.

Well, I see a lot of things on Ainz's profile that either sounds like game mechanics; such as Life to Death Status effect, or takes Verse equalization and throws it out the window. And yes, as Glassman said, she faced Intangible beings of all categories; elemental, immaterial, and spatial. Phantoon is literally a God, as is Gorea and the Chozo Ghosts.

Ainz' invisibilty is superior to ghostly invis. Seeing ghosts is not a great deal for Overlord characters. However, the invisibility of Ainz puts even the most "sensitive" sensors to a standstill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back