• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Salome runs RWBY gauntlet in a special manner

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Salome fights RWBY from the weakest character to the strongest character we have listed on our wiki pages.
But to make things more entertaining she fights them without her chain resetting between battles (See External Offering for what that means). So, if she kills one of them she is instantly healed and the fight with the next character starts.

How far can Salome make it, before the piled up power of all weaker RWBY characters isn't enough to win the fight?

Speed Equal
NLF on External Offering is lifted, so it can reach higher tiers.

Edit: Exclude Characters with Unknown stats

Last edited:
Probably she will stops against matrial arts user such as Yang? I think Salome external offering magic makes her hard to beat by projectile or ranges weapon user, so I think close combat matrial artist has better chance to beat her.

Martial Artists probably have some of the best matchups against her, but can Yang really win? At the point Salome reaches her she probably has the accumulated power of like a dozen weapons of Yang's fellow students or something, no?

I mean if shes going from weakest to strongest shes going to be going against a bunch of grimm first isnt she?

I mean if shes going from weakest to strongest shes going to be going against a bunch of grimm first isnt she?
Maybe? Don't know how they compare to the Junior's Club people... or Zwei.
That said, I don't think a single Grim so weak that a single first-year student can defeat it alone would be able to defeat Salome either. Or does it?

Some of the weakest characters in the verse are Grimm, though they're also some of the most haxxed

Which in particular? Apathy come to mind, but I don't know whether I would actually consider them on the low-end of Grim.

Couldn't find the profile for Spiders.
Fair point on Chill. Don't think Salome beats that. Although I'm not sure where I would sort that in, in terms of weakest to strongest. From the sound of that, virtually nobody in RWBY can kill that thing either in a 1v1 fight...

I think for the sake of having a proper debate I will restrict it to characters without unknown stats.

Okay so that makes the baseline that shes starting off against the fodder Grimm, Beowolves, Creeps, Boarbatusks, Lancers, Centinels, Sabyrs, and Ursai

From a brief glance that seems to be correct.
The basic Lancer might be the first target, given that it's not a solid Tier 8. The is interesting given its stinger harpoon.

Ok. In any case, how far do you think Salome would get with Chill out of the picture?
Would she get beaten by one of these first Grimm?

How do her powers work? Does she only have a limited number of weapons to use? And to stuff like claws and stingers count as weapons she can sacrifice?

She has a large bag of weapons, but yes, she only has a limited amount. She can also boost herself by sacrificing some part of her own body. At some point, she will have to start relying on opponents weapons, though. I suspect that she won't run out before clearing (or loosing against) the fodder Grim.
Claws and Stingers would not count, I believe. The exception would be something the Lancers Harpoon Stinger which in my opinion should count when it is fired. The power is rather liberal what weapons are concerned. Like, any object someone throws basically counts.

As for how her powers works... I don't think I spontaneously have anything to add to the Notable Attack/Techniques Section on the page.
To give a shortened summary of them:
  • Internal Offering: Sacrifices an organ (of herself) to boost her stats a lot. Her cyborg body lessens the consequences of that.
  • External Offering: If she destroys a weapon she does so completely. Doing that she gains the stats and traits of a weapon (on top of her own. So it's a sum of power). She can then create invisible attacks that are like a combination of the weapons effects. E.g. an invisible attack that has the reach of a flamethrower but cuts like a sword.
  • Shockwave Technique: By hitting to regions of the opponent's body in quick succession the shockwave creates a bubble in the bloodstream, which kills the target by causing an air embolism or something like that.

Back