• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama: Faster than light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingPin0422

Derp Idol
Joke Battles
Retired
So, in a recent interview with Murata, he was asked about Geryuganshoop's ability to control gravity, and his answer was this:

Õàêþöƒ, µÁÀÕñûÒü«µû╣ÒüïÒéëÒü«Þ│¬ÕòÅÒüºÒüÖ: Òé▓Òâ¬ÒâÑÒé¼Òâ│ÒéÀÒâÑÒâùÒü»µ£¼Õ¢ôÒü½ÚçìÕèøÒüºÒâûÒâ®ÒââÒé»ÒâøÒâ╝Òâ½ÒéÆõ¢£ÒéîÒéïÒü╗Òü®Òü«Þâ¢ÕèøÒüîÒüéÒüúÒüƒÒü«Òüï? ÒéüÒüúÒüíÒéâµ░ùÒü½Òü¬ÒüúÒüªÒéïÒüØÒüåÒüºÒüÖ. Òéô´¢×Òü®ÒüåÒü¬ÒéôÒüºÒüÖÒüïÒü¡. ÒâûÒâ®ÒââÒé»ÒâøÒâ╝Òâ½õ¢£ÒéîÒüƒÒéëµ£ÇÕ╝ÀÒü¬µ░ùÒüîÒüùÒü¥ÒüÖÒüæÒü®. ÒüØÒüôÒéëÒü©ÒéôÒü»ONEÒüòÒéôÒü½Þü×ÒüäÒüªÒü┐Òü¬ÒüäÒü¿ÒéÅÒüïÒéôÒü¬ÒüäÒüºÒüÖÒü¡. þë®õ¢ôÒéÆÚúøÒü░ÒüÖÞâ¢ÕèøÒü¬ÒéëÒé┐ÒâäÒâ×Òé¡õ╗Ñõ©èÒüáÒüúÒüƒÒü«ÒüïÒü¬. Òé▓Òâ¬ÒâÑÒé¼Òâ│ÒéÀÒâÑÒâùÒüîÕ┐ÁÕïòÕèøÒüºÕ░Åþƒ│ÒéÆÚúøÒü░ÒüùÒüªÒüƒÒüæÒü®, Òé┐ÒâäÒâ×Òé¡ÒüîÒüéÒéîÒéÆÒéäÒéïÒü¿Õç║ÕèøÒüîÕ╝ÀÒüÖÒüÄÒüªõ©Çþ×¼ÒüºÕ░Åþƒ│ÒüîÞÆ©þÖ║ÒüùÒüíÒéâÒüåÒéôÒüáÒüæÒü®, þ®║µ░ùÒü¿Òü«µæ®µôªÒü¿Õ£ºþ©«þå▒Òüº. Òé▓Òâ¬ÒâÑÒé¼Òâ│ÒéÀÒâÑÒâùÒü»þ®║µ░ùÒü¿Òü«µæ®µôªÒéÆ0Òü½ÒüùÒüªÚúøÒü░ÒüÖÒüôÒü¿ÒüîÒüºÒüìÒéïÒüïÒéë, õ║£ÕàëÚǃÒüºþƒ│ÒüîÚúøÒéôÒüºÒüÅÒéïÒü¿ÒüäÒüåÒü¡. ÒüúÒüªÒüäÒüåÒüñÒééÒéèÒüºµÅÅÒüäÒüªÒü¥ÒüùÒüƒ. Òé┐ÒâäÒâ×Òé¡Òü»ÒâçÒââÒé▒Òâ╝ÒééÒü«Òü»ÚúøÒü░ÒüøÒéîÒéïÒüæÒü®, Òé╣ÒâöÒâ╝ÒâëÒü½Òü»ÚÖÉþòîÒüîÒüéÒéïÒü┐ÒüƒÒüäÒüº. ÒéäÒüúÒü▒ÒéèÕ«çÕ«Öµ£ÇÚ½ÿÒü«ÞÂàÞâ¢ÕèøÞÇàÒüºÒüùÒüƒÒü¡ÒÇéÕƒ╝þÄëÒü»µÖ«ÚÇÜÒü½þƒ│µèòÒüÆÒüªÕïØÒüúÒüíÒéâÒüƒÒééÒéôÒü¡Òé¢ÒéñÒâäÒü½ÒÇéÕƒ╝þÄëÒüïÒéëÒüùÒüƒÒéëõ║£ÕàëÚǃÒüºþƒ│ÒüîÚúøÒéôÒüºÒüìÒüªÒééÒüƒÒüáþƒ│ÒéƵèòÒüÆÒüƒÒüáÒüæÒü½ÒüùÒüïÞªïÒüêÒü¬Òüä, µé¬ÒüäÕåùÞ½çÒüºÒüÖÒéêÒü¡.

Translated:

(Murata reads stream question): Murata sensei, here's a question from overseas: can Geryuganshoop actually create black holes by manipulating gravity? It seems like they care about this a lot.

Murata: hm~, I'm not sure. Black holes seem too powerful. I won't know for sure without asking ONE. But his ability to control flying object should be above Tatsumaki, because he can eliminate the friction between rocks and air. If Tatsumaki throws rocks like he does, her output will be too powerful, the temperature increase due to friction and pressure, and evaporate the rocks in an instant. Geryuganshoop's psychokinesis can eliminate the friction between objects and air, the rocks will fly at sub-light speed, that's the setting I based my drawing on. Tatsumaki can throw very large objects, but there's a limit to how fast she can throw them. Geryuganshoop is the greatest psychic in the universe after all.

Murata: Saitama still beat him with a casual stone throw though. In Saitama's eyes rocks at sub-light speed is nothing, it's like a bad joke.

The main point I'm trying to make, though, is that Saitama is FTL. But Murata only says that Saitama sees "sub-light speed" as nothing... right?

On the contrary, the original Japanese kanji used for "sub-light speed" is õ║£ÕàëÚǃ, which roughly translates to "speed that is in-between 90-100% the speed of light".

Based on this, I suggest that Saitama should be FTL in at least some parameter of speed.

Source

I've debunked the 90-100% speed stuff on another thread. The word doesn't translate to such a thing. It'd be impossible seeing as the Japanese need to use Arabic numerals to express percentages.

õ║£ÕàëÚǃ = "speed below that of light" to "sublight speed". No specific percentage. Confirmed by other translators over Reddit.

Also, there is another thread discussing it. We agreed with "At least Relativistic" for G's rocks, which'd scale to Saitama.

Okay so of course the staff needs to discuss whether or not this statement is to be accepted. However if it is deemed usable, here are my suggested revisions.

• Geryuganshoop: Massively Hypersonic+ with At least Relativistic attack speed.
  • Saitama: At least Relativistic, likely higher
  • Boros: At least Relativistic, likely higher
  • Garou: At least Relativistic, likely higher
The reason I put "likely higher" for the top dogs is because Geryuganshoop's attacks were stated to be "nothing to Saitama" and "like a bad joke" in which Saitama could effortlessly throw a rock much faster than him.

Boros and Garou can both evade attacks from a Saitama who is somewhat taking the fight seriously. Land attacks on Saitama who is somewhat taking the fight seriously. And managed to impress Saitama with their power. Which should put them far above Geryuganshoop's speed which again is "nothing" and "a bad joke" to Saitama.

Though if others don't want that part I guess I'm fine with it.

• Flashy Flash shouldn't scale to this, and I've been wanting to downgrade him for some time.
Yes he dodged attacks from Garou, but he got blitzed immediately after that. Multiple times. With one of those times being where Garou didn't even bother looking near Flash's direction.

Plus if we're going to assume Garou went full power on those attacks Flash dodged (clearly not since Garou could casually blitz him afterwards) then why not upgrade Flash's dura to Planet level while we're at it?

Also Saitama effortlessly caught Flash's attack like it was nothing, yet Garou could evade and land stuff on Saitama who was taking the fight somewhat seriously. Flash clearly isn't on Garou's level.

I would be fine him being "At least Massively Hypersonic+, possibly/likely higher", since he's like ridiculously faster than the other S-Classes, which I can elaborate on later if people want. If they don't like that then I'm totally good with just "At least Massively Hypersonic+". But no more scaling to Garou for him.

disagree with the upgrade, its a MASSIVE outlier.

Saitama had to run around to find the sea king, if he was faster than light, he would have fount it in less than a second.

1. This is an upgrade to combat speed and reactions. Not running speed.

2. Saitama clearly wasn't running at full speed. Plus he causes collateral damage when he runs too fast, so he was most likely trying to be careful of that.

3. Saitama can travel from the moon to earth in seconds and run faster than people like Genos or Boros can keep track of. Him having to run to find the Sea King would be the outlier for being a real low end.

As I said in the other thread I agree with @Ryukama especially with Flashy Flash seeing as how his speed justification is weird and should be changed to at least MHS+ with possibly higher being his new rating.

Due to the fact that Garou even stated that he could catch Flashy Flash very easily but he just wanted to do it the hard way.

This seems fine, really. Especially since it was kind of the opposite of someone goading the author into saying what they wanted. Someone asked Murata if Geryuganshoop can actually make black holes, and he responded with, "Nah, but he can throw shit at close to the speed of light because he eliminates friction"...which is barely even tangentially related to the original question.

Moreover, it's actually pretty consistent.

It seems like a case of an author not really getting to show off what a character can do due to them being taken out of the story so fast, so Murata basically just flat out says it, instead. Kind of like 4020 kek ma apparently being able to do a bunch of things we don't see due to being killed like three seconds after showing up.

@Azzy Thanks very much for the input. Are you fine with my suggestions?

This is not ok because moving faster than the speed of light would destroy someone like Saitama. this seems fine.

@Azzy Thanks again for your input and support.

@Gargoyle So are you fine with Flashy Flash's durability being Planet level since he also survived said casual attacks? (As well as pretty much most of the other S-Classes.)

Flashy Flash dodged a few uber suppressed shots from Garou, immediately got blitzed right after. Then got super casually blitzed a second time. Garou can also keep up with people who have outpaced Flash with absolutely no effort at all.

Flashy Flash does not scale to Garou. Putting them at the same level or basing Flash's ratings off Garou is inaccurate. We don't powerscale people to someone who casually stomped them or fought while really suppressed. Just look at most of our Dragon Ball pages.

Fair enough, I've been stressing that enough with RWBY threads and my tired state made me break my own logic.

Sorry to hear. Please take a break if things are stressing you that much.

Also I posted on your wall ovo

Oh believe me Im not stressed, I just stayed up even later then usual watching spider man homecoming \_(-_-)_/

Uhhhh I'm not really seeing how this can mean anything speed wise. I mean... Technically 10-C speed is also "Sub-Light" speed. Since it is under the speed of light.

"Sublight" as a term is generally used to refer to things that are a fraction of the speed of light. If it were something drastically lower like that there wouldn't even be a relevant relation between the two.

Yeah someone totally uses the term "sub-light" to refer to a turtle's pace.

No phrases like sub-light or subsonic are used to describe speeds that are under, but relatively close to something. Especially in this context.

Also how on earth could this mean turtle pace speed? Murata straight up said that this speed is achieved by disregarding friction and air resistance, which would normally evaporate objects when attempting such speeds.

The Everlasting said:
"Sublight" as a term is generally used to refer to things that are a fraction of the speed of light. If it were something drastically lower like that there wouldn't even be a relevant relation between the two.
Thing is that a "fraction" of the speed of light could still be interpreted as much slower, not necessarily Relativistic and up.

Sub-Relativistic is perfectly reasonable when concerning "Sublight speed" And consistent with being >>>>>>>>>> Massively Hypersonic+ guys.

10-C speed was an exaggeration, chill out guys.

ONE simply said that if Boros and Garou were to fight, it would be "one hell of a battle". He never said that they're comparable in speed.

Yep, "at least Relativistic".

To be honest, I feel bad for Saitama. Dude is doomed to scale upwards ad infinitum from people who he could likely see on slow motion at full power. Blame VS Debaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back